I tend to think of B&Bs as a place where you can expect to be treated to a high level of hospitality. This wasn't true during my stay at the Eagle's Nest.
The facility itself is fine - the view is nice- the grounds are well kept and the inn is least average. There is an inflexibility at the place, however, that significantly reduced the enjoyment of my stay.
If you decide to stay there here are some things you should avoid:
1. Arriving early - if you do you will be curtly turned away.
2. Wearing shoes inside - you will be intercepted at the door and ordered to remove your shoes and never wear them inside
3. Needing to have breakfast earlier than the schedule - isn't going to happen.
Whidbey Island is a beautiful place but you can do better than the Eagle's Nest.
- Also Known As:
- Eagles Nest Inn Bed And Breakfast Langley, Whidbey Island, WA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Inn with hilltop views of Puget Sound and Mt. Baker is adjacent to a forest wildlife corridor and trail system. Perfect for hiking, biking and birding. Comfortably appointed rooms… upscale yet casual … each its own NATURE retreat. All have private bath, comfortable beds, fine linens, cozy furnishings, in-room-coffee, refrigerators, Flat screen Cable TV, WI-FI, and a deck with view. Full Northwest breakfast, featuring organic and locally grown foods. “Discover the NATURE of Whidbey”. ... more less