“Fabulous B&B!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast

Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langley
Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
4680 Saratoga Road, Langley, Whidbey Island, WA 98260   |
Ranked #6 of 19 Langley B&B and Inns
Washington State
“Fabulous B&B!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

We highly recommend the Eagles Nest Inn B&B in Langley, WA, on Whidbey Island. We have stayed in many B&Bs over the years and this particular one was fabulous. We chose the Eagle's Nest room on the top floor and it was a perfect choice. We had a balcony with rocking chairs and what a view! We sat rocking, drinking hot chocolate/hot tea/hot apple cider, and nibbled on homemade chocolate chip cookies. We overlooked the Saratoga Passage and were able to view Mt. Baker and other scenic hills. We were nearly surrounded by lovely trees and singing birds.

The Inn is clean and beautifully decorated. The breakfast was certainly gourmet and plentious. The Innkeepers, Jerry and Joanne, were great hosts and this would be a "place to return to".

• Liked — Everything!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2008

This Inn was just the most relaxing place I have been.
The room was beautifully decorated, well appointed and immaculately clean, with all the facilities one could want, including binoculars, which were well used.
Joanne and Jerry were really welcoming, and a absolute wealth of knowledge of the local area.
The Inn is located in a wooded area just outside Langley and is just the most peaceful place you could imagine, the only thing you hear is birdsong. The wildlife in and around the hotel was just wonderful, birds (just loads of species), deer and little woodland creatures. Outside my window was a humming bird feeder which seemed to be on some kind of humming bird highway, as it was visited by hundreds of birds during my stay. I must have spent hours just watching them.
I cannot speak morely highly of the Eagles Nest Inn and would highly recommend it for a relaxing break away from the rat race.
Don't forget your camera, Whidbey Island has some great places and wildlife to photograph.

• Liked — On suite, very comfortable, TV with DVD and selection of DVD's
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
portland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2008

Our actual stay was pleasant enough, though made a bit awkward by sometimes clingy hosts. Then, having forgotten a swimsuit cover-up in the room, we were charged the postage for having it sent! Seems a bit silly doesn't it?!?! I've never known anyone who had to pay to get their things back.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LangleyEaglesNest, Joanne Lechner, Innkeeper/Owner at Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, June 14, 2008
TravelerXX

I can't recall returning a guest swinmsuit cover up to Portland address, recently . Hmmm?

BUT, since this review mis-states my business policy and practice on the internet for all to see I feel I have an obligation to correct and set the record straight.
In the fifteen years we have operated the Inn we have never "charged" a guest to return articles. "Our practice is to package appropriately, mail back using priority mail, ~so you don't wait to long~, enclose a self addressed stamped envelope and a request that the guest be kind enough to return the amount of the postage. This is totally on the "honor" system no invoice or billing
simply a hand written request.

Over the years the number of folks who have NOT
returned postage have only been 1 or 2. WOW! How nice is that! There is no doubt we have been blessed with some of the very best guests AND we cherish them.

We realize that hotels & resorts bury these costs in higher rates and have daily add on fees for high speed internet, in-room refrigerators, movies, and parking, etc, etc.

We maintain one all inclusive reasonable rate and include a top notch breakfast.

We don't believe its right to inflate rates on all ~ for the forgetfulness of some.

I suppose if people stop sending us the postage we'll have to go by the way of the world .... but for now ...we believe in the reasonable man theory.

poulsbo,washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2008

I just read some of the reviews and was really quite amazed by the negative ones.My husband and I felt it was the nicest place we've stayed in.Our room was very tastefully decorated.The bedding and linens were top notch.Super comfy king size bed.I would so highly recomend the room we stayed in to anyone.I couldn't speak about any of the other rooms as i've only stayed in the one-(the room at the top of the stairs to the right.) As far as the host and hostess go,we thought they went above and beyond in their helpfulness regarding info on things to do,resteraunt reviews etc.I can imagine it could be hard to know sometimes what level of interaction any given guest might want. Some want to be chatted up, and some want to be left alone with their honey.I dont know if perhaps some people expect B&B owners to be super gregarious people or what but all people have differing personalities.Jerry seems like a quieter, behind the scenes guy. That can be misread sometimes. Anyway they were good to us,the breakfast was healthy art (which we appriciated...wer'e not buffet people).Our whole experience was great,we recomend it ! Good memories for us ! By the way, this weekend was a gift to us from people who loved it enough to want to share their positive experience.

Stayed September 2007
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2007

My husband and I visited the Eagles Nest 7/24 and 7/25 - 2005.
We have stayed in many B & B's over the past 15 years and for the most part enjoyed our experiences. The Eagles Nest has a beautiful setting and the home is very nice. Not as clean as i would have liked it. Our room had a film of dust on the tables and wooden furniture which i consider to be unacceptable for the price we were paying. Additionally, there was a hot tube that we would like to have taken advantage of except there was a ring of grease around it which indicated to me that it had not been cleaned for sometime.
The most annoying aspect was , in a word, Jerry. The moment he answered the door he looked annoyed. we did not feel welcome from that moment. He immediately showed us to our room and demanded our credit card for the second nights stay. My husband handed it to him and he went on his way.
The following evening I, very accidentally drove over one of his driveway lights, which were noting more than a wooden stick with a bulb hung on it. I immediately reported it to Jerry and offered to pay for the repair of the light. At the same time I apologized and asked if we could have a bucket of ice. He closed the private door in my face without saying a thing. I could hear him getting the ice. He opened the door and threw the ice bucked into my arms and ran to see the damage. I again apologized and he said nothing. The next morning at breakfast I handed Jerry my credit card only to be told that he did not accept credit cards for less than $100.00 in charges. He said the charge was $25.00 and discussed this in front of the other guests and the table. When he came around with coffee i said that I did not care for coffee and he, very rudely told me to then give it to my husband.
Jerry has been placed into an occupation he clearly does not belong. Hospitality is not his game. Joanne was not available most of time except at breakfast. She seem cordial enough then and the breakfast meal was good. There was not buffet and one only got a single portion. I know that my husband left the table hungry both mornings.
Whidbey Island is a very lovely place and there are many more lovely places to stay where you don't have to remove your shoes and be subjected to "Jerry's rudeness".

• Liked — Had a very pleasant seting
  • Disliked — The Innkeepers
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
LangleyEaglesNest, Jerry Lechner - Innkeeper's husband at Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 30, 2008
Well an unflattering and exaggerated point of view Kay but predictable when the intent is to write an unfavorable review.
Hospitality is not a Game ....it is a honest day to day endeavor welcoming over 2400 different folks into your inn/home each year and both my wife Joanne and I strive for excellence each and every day. We are however realistic and realize that in serving the public some will be reasonable, some will be kind and some won't. You will not please everyone all the time, every time and in all situations. You can only try your best.
Our Innkeeping day starts at 5 am and ends at 10 pm sometimes later, and as you might imagine can be filled with as many ups and downs as you have in your own work day.
Sometimes just when your winding down a day a guest will come to the service door, ring the bell and on their way to an ice bucket request announce that they had accidentally run over a drive way light. (Which are custom made outdoor lights but herein trivially described as lights on a stick by the guest!) Unknown to the the guest ... and depending on the amount of damage ti the light the exposed electrical could cause a short to the driveway lighting system .. and lighting is needed for guests to navigate the drive after dark. I don't expect a guest to realize but this kind of event with night falling could mean quite a repair job on my hands and before dark. I can fully believe that I investigated immediately as the situation would call for it from a safety standpoint. . I can beleive I closed the service door to prepare the ice bucket in the kitchen and then came to the service door to deliver it and that further as you went to your room I proceeded to the front door to check on the lighting. I can further beleive that I tried not to show any adverse reaction to make things worse... but rather take care of the situation that had presented itself.

By your review " you indicated you brought your credit card to breakfast" I did not initiate to discuss the situation in front of other guests and I'm sure that it was not concluded in front of other guests either but rather after breakfast when more appropriate as I am basically of a quiet nature...and do not like calling attention to myself or others. Plus we are actively involed with serving breakfast to 8 guests at the same table.

The Spa is cleaned daily daily each day after check-out. A heavy volume of use can sometimes leave cleaning surprises for other guests to see and not just the Innkeeper's doing routine maintenance. Sorry you encountered it first it can sometimes happen.

It is true we do not serve buffet style breakfast and we do not advertise we do so. If this is a requirement for your husband you should inquire and book accordingly.

We do serve a healthy portioned, pleasingly plated Northwest breaKfast, which most people tell us they are so well fed they can skip lunch. Joanne is also complimented on being quite the gourmet cook. She is working on a cookbook ...soon to be completed.

Alas, KayChicago, I realize in your mind this whole review boils down to the fact that I didn't handle the adversity of the situation with enough grace and my ineptness of the situation has lead you to your perception of me. For that I am sorry ... I will work on that should it be needed in the future.

In the meantime ...Happy New Year 2008 and enjoyable future travels. Jerry

Vancouver, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2007

My wife and I have been coming to the 'nest' for 15 years and really enjoy our getaways. The innkeepers Jerry and Joanne are most accommodating and very friendly. They go out of their way to guide you along on your stay on this beautiful Island paradise and be sure you have a great escape. The rooms are very nice and each with their own theme. The grounds are kept very neatly and local wildlife abounds. The breakfasts are gourmet with a flair, wholesome and palatable. Very surprised by the May 21, 2007 review by the picky packer. Have never experienced any of those negative comments and have had very positive feedback by friends and family that we have referred to the Eagles Nest over the years.

• Liked — Innkeepers
  • Disliked — Leaving
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Spanaway, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

My husband and I felt spoiled walking into this Bed and Breakfast. Jerry and Joanne were amazing hosts and went out of their way to make sure our stay was unforgettable. The house is so beautiful and very clean. It is surrounded by trees and trails so you can just relax and enjoy nature. Especially when you wake up in the morning for breakfast and their is a baby fawn relaxing in the garden. The rooms set their own character which made it feel more like home. And who could forget the chocolate chip cookies!!! Their breakfast is 5 star and healthy for you (which you don't get at most places). Thank You Jerry and Joanne for making our stay memorable!

Richie and Crystal Shaffer
Spanaway, WA

• Liked — That we felt so welcome and at home. It's way different than staying in a hotel.
  • Disliked — We loved everything.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Eagles Nest Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!