“Staying at Country Cottage of Langley was like a little bit of heaven!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Cottage of Langley

You added Country Cottage of Langley to your Saves list
Country Cottage of Langley
215 6th Street, Langley, Whidbey Island, WA 98260   |
Ranked #5 of 19 Langley B&B and Inns
Springfield, Oregon
“Staying at Country Cottage of Langley was like a little bit of heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

First of all, our cottage was perfect -- decorated in an ocean theme and since we used to sail in the San Juan Islands years ago, it just felt right. The bed (with that incredible comforter) was REALLY comfortable. Perfect room arrangement with table and chairs, TV, couch, small frig and coffeemaker -- and a beautiful big tub.

Innkeepers Jacki and Tom were so warm and welcoming and helped with ANYTHING we needed. Got great inside tips on what to see in Langley. It was so easy to come and go -- a very private setting. Breakfasts were incredibly delicious too!

We highly recommend this place!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

Upon check-in, I was offered freshly baked cookies straight from the oven & then was shown to my cottage. I was pleased with my choice of rooms which included a large whirlpool tub, fireplace & cozy sitting area. The bed was so comfy - the whole setting was relaxing. The innkeepers, Tom & Jacki showed me around the property - gorgeous plants & flowers everywhere & the view of the Sound - spectacular!
They offered breakfast to be delivered or eat in their dining room - I opted to eat in - just in case I could meet their other guests. Breakfast was original, delicious & more than enough - with coffee that kept coming. Tom & Jacki recommended a few places I might enjoy seeing on the island & were so sweet - they obviously love what they do.
This is not my first time at Country Cottage - 1st experience was so delightful, I knew I would return one day......not disappointed that I did.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
San Juan Capistrano, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

My wife and I had an incredible stay at the Country Cottage of Langley. This property sits on 2 acres with 5 beautifully decorated cottages. Each cottage is distinctly decorated. the one we stayed in had a wonderful bed with jacuzzi tub and fireplace. Incredibly romantic and relaxing. Between the GREAT Rooms and Incredible Breakfasts-LIFE DOESN'T GET any BETTER.
Tom & Jackie, owners of the Country Cottage, are warm, friendly and devoted to making your stay as comfortable as possible.
You Can't miss with a stay at the Country Cottage of Langley

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
mpls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

I cannot speak highly enough about this place...from our hosts, to the bed, to the view, to the food! And it wasn't even the most expensive place on the island. We had a darling little cottage with the most magnificant view of the Sound...georgeous! A gentle walk up from main street..a truly picturesque setting...had to be the best on the island. The bed was pure luxury...top quality. Nice big shower, plenty of big, fluffy towels, coffee and tea in the room...1st class! Jackie our hostess is a simply divine cook...breakfast is included....the breakfast area is storybook! Her husband Tom is as easy going and as fun to talk to as Jackie is.

We had the Catalina Room which feature authentic 40's/50's genre memorabilia. Our breakfast included a nectarine parfait with yogurt and toasted oat crunchies, fresh orange juice (a bottomless pitcher), Canadian bacon, and a Dutch Pancake with caramelized apples ...yum yum! All this is served with bone china and vintage linens....wonderful. There are free DVD'S to borrow, WiFi, and great books and reading materials. There was also a down afghan to wrap yourself in and sit out on the lawn chairs to watch the sun set.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Observatory Point Bed & Breakfast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

The cottages are in a walkable location to the small town of Langley. The grounds are lovely. Our cottage, the Sunrise, was comfortable enough. However, there was a mold problem in the shower, as well as on the window coverings. I was careful not to walk around barefoot. The room could have used a new coat of paint. Laundry was still being done when we checked in---thumping could be heard. With all concerns, we were told they just hadn't taken care of it yet! Island time? The breakfast room is set up nicely. While not generous, the offerings were adequate. Disappointing, all in all. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

I stayed at Country Cottage in July of 2009, and then again in March of this year (2010). I stayed in the Catalina room, and that or the adjacent Sunrise room are my favorites. Private, clean, comfortable, with a porch and a view.

Breakfast was excellent both times I was there. Many thanks to Jacki for accommodating my wheat-free requirements.

I'll be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

Since it was Valentine's Day weekend, I thought I would take my boyfriend somewhere special and just relax as life had gotten very hectic for the both of us. Finding where to check in can be a little tricky if you get there when it's dark or simply not paying close enough attention to the little signs. They had some trouble hearing me when I rang the doorbell to check in on Friday night, but fortunately I had their number saved in my cell phone, so a quick call resolved that issue.

There are six "cottages" on the property, of which two are actually attached to the main house. One of these is called the Whidbey Rose, which is the one we stayed in. Keep this in mind if you are looking for complete seclusion or privacy. We were in the one right next to the entrance and noticed very little in the way of extra noise due to shared walls. (We heard the main phone in the house ring once or twice.) All rooms have a separate outside entrance. Ours had a fireplace and two-person jacuzzi tub, which were the main items I was looking for this weekend, and was quite spacious as a whole. The bed is raised high off the floor, which could be problematic for those who are of shorter stature. (To put this in perspective, I'm 5'10" and almost had to jump to get on the bed.) The fireplace in the room was a little finicky. The first morning after we arrived, I went to go turn the fireplace on (electric/gas), and it wouldn't start. I mentioned this to Jacki, one of the owners, who said that jiggling the wire in the back should fix that, and it did.

In addition to the jacuzzi tub, there is also a stall shower in the bathroom, which has a nice flexible head so you can reposition it as needed. It is not the type where you can change the water pressure. The only thing we didn't particularly care for was the fact that the top third of door to the bathroom from the rest of the room is glass, which affords zero privacy when you need to use the facilities.

Breakfast was awesome! Jacki is a great cook, and the food was obviously made with a lot of heart. The portions were decent in size and flavorful. Unlike some B&Bs which give you a healthy window to come eat breakfast, this place doesn't: 9am - 9:30am, though this may be different if they are expecting a full complement. There is also an option to have breakfast delivered to your room. I had meant to request this for Valentine's Day (Sunday) morning, but forgot. We ended up oversleeping and woke up just before ten. I figured we were just going to miss breakfast, but then Tom (the other owner) showed up at the door with a full breakfast, including juice, served in a picnic basket! I was astounded. Talk about your wonderful service.

The scenic location on Whidbey Island is great, and the gardens are probably beautiful in the spring and summer, though it's hard to tell in the middle of winter. The private deck that we had would have been great for sitting on a nice, clear, warm day, but anyone who knows Washington State in the winter will generally find the deck unusable in February due to cold, dreary, and damp conditions.

Overall, I would definitely recommend A Country Cottage to those looking to get away from it all. There's not a lot of activities to do in the area, though this may be different in the summertime. Also, keep in mind that to get here will most likely involve a ferry ride. It's about a 10 minute drive from the Clinton ferry terminal (which goes to Mukilteo; from there you can drive onward to Seattle), and about a 35 minute drive from the Keystone ferry terminal (which goes to Port Townsend on the Olympic peninsula). Gas prices are significantly higher on the island, so fill up before boarding the ferry!

Thanks to Jacki and Tom for making it a great weekend for us!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Cottage of Langley? Share your experiences!