“Interesting menu with good service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Gearhart, Oregon
“Interesting menu with good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch with family. Lots of Greek entrees. My wife was not excited about gyros, sauce bland, salad ok. Bread fresh and good. My calimari pasta not memorable but salad good. Wine list interesting. I liked the glass I had. Service was very good and restaurant accommodating of a group of six showing up with no notice. I think it was a good place for lunch.

Boulder, Co
“Best food, service and value combination in Langley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

This is a very good restaurant in terms of both food and service. Prima Bistro seems to attract more compliments,and I don't understand that at all. And the Inn at Langley is disturbingly pricey. This place is not cheap, but it's not expensive either. The Penn Cove mussels are outstanding.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Fresno, California
“Love This Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Had dinner last week at this little gem and had a great experience. The place is small, but that's probably a good thing on Whidbey Island - a larger place would be too much to keep year-round and Cafe Langley deserves to be around. The food, service and ambiance were excellent. The wine list is small, but well thought-out, and is very fairly priced. We split a large Greek salad and crab cakes - both excellent. My Greek mother savored the marinated lamb chops - and she's hard to please. I had the Mediterranean Seafood Stew - Penn Cove mussels, scallops, prawns and whitefish - also very good. The seafood was cooked to perfection, but I thought there was too much vegetable - I would have preferred more broth. I can't wait to return, as there are several other dishes I want to try that were recommended to me.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Not up to par”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I ordered the chicken crepes with artichoke hearts, peppers, mushrooms and onion. There was no artichoke or peppers to be found. The crepe (1) melted into the dish, and did not enfold the food. This dish was tasteless, no flavor at all. My husband had the burger, it looked great but was also tasteless. We had a great waitress, good service but will not go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nashua, New Hampshire
“Peak Mediterranean flavors”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We've been to Cafe Langley several times and we've been happy on each occasion. This last time we started with a plate of homemade baba ganoush (eggplant/chickpea/garlic puree) and hummous (chickpea/garlic puree) with warm pita bread. Even the non-eggplant fans among our party were enthusiastic about the fresh and mild taste of the baba ganoush, in particular. I had the moussaka, which is a casserole with eggplant, ground lamb, and béchamel sauce. Normally moussaka contains potatoes but I couldn't detect them in this dish. I think it could have been improved by some (or more?) potatoes because it's a bit oily and rich. My parents had mixed grills, which included lamb and chicken on skewers. Their grilled meats were flavorful and "melt in your mouth" (according to my Dad). My sister was very pleased with her fruits de mer, which consisted of mixed shellfish over pasta.

We visited on a Friday night, which is always busy for this small restaurant (reservations are essential!). It's bustling and a bit noisy and the staff work hard to keep up, so it's not the sort of quiet romantic place where you'd "wow" a special date. But the food quality is excellent and the location on 1st Street in Langley is right in the middle of the village. We'll keep coming back!

• Visited April 2012