“Quaint surroundings, great food.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Langley
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Address may be listed as either Bayview or Langley. This restaurant is located on Whidbey Island, Washington.
Freeland, Washington
“Quaint surroundings, great food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Outdoor seating. Wonderful food and great prices. Love this place. They may run out or be crowded so call ahead?? We like to eat there in good weather and sit outside on the lawn

Visited April 2014

Freeland, Washington
“Great menu, Busy dinner hour, Noodle soup A+++, Many Choices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Greetings Friends, We have driven by for years and never went in until last night(Friday).
The place was busy with clientele having dinner(5:30) We mentioned we were on our way to a function at church and needed our food as soon as possible. We ordered two large bowls of
the (item P8) Fancy soup. WOW what a treat, it came steaming hot and loaded with many great ingredients. I looked at everything that passed our table. I would be proud to bring my Best friends and Family here.
Location is beside & behind other business's and shares a dirt parking lot.
Make sure you have clear directions as to where it is.

We regret never going in before. The price seemed right for what was served.

Dinner was served up Pronto! Thanks for a great dining experience.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Langley, Washington
“Great Asian fusion.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Located right in Bayview, it is a gem to discover, especially their chicken soup. Great selection, and during the summer have a very cozy outside area overlooking the farmers market.

Visited February 2014
Seattle
“Nice Spot for Asian Food Near Langley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

We were looking for an alternative restaurant near Langley and enjoyed the Basil Cafe -- the building has a funky charm and the owner is extremely friendly. Good food, reasonably priced, not fancy but very tasty.

Visited January 2014
Kent, WA
“Friendly staff, good food, casual atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I went fly fishing on Lone Lake and nearby the lake is this small restaurant, just a block or so off the main highway on Whidbey Island. Although the owner said that they'd been there almost 6 years, I'd never noticed it before as you can't see it from the main highway; maybe there are some new signs up or something, as a sign along the main highway caught my attention this time. Anyway, after fishing I decided to give it a try for dinner. I was greeted right away as I walked in by the owner and waitress, both of whom were very friendly and appreciative. There seemed to be a fair number of customers, many of whom appeared to be regulars as they were greeted by name. The owner is Chinese, but the menu has lots of variety from many different Asian cultures. I had R4, the Rice Platter that included grilled short ribs, grilled prawns and pork over rice with a small salad ($9.50); the short ribs were excellent, although a little heavy on the garlic; the grilled prawns were also very good, but the pork was over-cooked and tough. If I were to order this dish again, I'd see if they could just omit the pork and serve me a little extra of the short ribs. The portion size was light to moderate (for example, 3 prawns on a skewer); I ate everything on my plate with nothing to take home, whereas I usually tend to have extra to take home as I'm not a big eater. The side salad was small, but very fresh, with interesting ingredients, like daikon slivers along with the carrot slivers, and a very tasty Asian dressing. I also ordered the Tiramisu to take home to my wife, who reported that it was very good. Prices seemed reasonable. The tables had white linen under the plexiglass, but it is definitely a casual place, but not fast food. The parking lot is gravel, so could be muddy in wet weather. The bathroom was clean and nicely designed. Based on this first experience, I'd definitely give it another try and it is the kind of place I think my wife would enjoy.

• Visited January 2014