Langley

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

kitteakat
Boise, Idaho
“Not clean.......could have potential”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

My best friend and I stayed here for a couple of nights for our annual trip we take to different places. My friend booked this directly through their website with the property manager Gina. The pictures here on Tripadvisor & their site are beautiful I agree but...... Upon arriving first thing we noticed after coming up the staircase (it is a narrow staircase with maybe 20 (?) stairs) was the stained/dirty looking throw rugs on the kitchen floor. The contract received is very adamant about removing your shoes even though the carpet in the dining room also had nasty stains also. Many pieces of the furniture coated with dust. The front 'bedroom' I was going to sleep in until the amount of dust balls I found behind the chair where the light was and wondered how 'dusty' the bedding was. I was going to sleep there due to it being so warm in the penthouse. I believe it was warmer than normal temps at this time for Langley, but my friend and I thought it should be noted there is no air conditioning at all in the place. I'm sure there is usually cooler temps, but just thought it should be noted for those who don't live on an island. So we opened a few windows, but proceeded to close the dining room ones before bed due to a flat roof being right outside the windows. Yes, I'm sure the crime is very low on this beautiful island, but 2 girls traveling alone were not secure with the thought of anyone being able to get up there and enter through the open windows. There is a control type unit on the living room wall we looked at, but it's for heat.....and dirty, should have been wiped down. The bedroom I used was to the left in the back of the penthouse. there needs to be more light in the bedroom's shower as it is a walk in with stoned walls and extremely dark....it was creepy. The grossest thing of all were the dried boogers (sorry to be blunt) on the back of the bathroom's door. I must note too the next morning my friend went to make coffee and the coffee pot had not been washed since the last use, gross. I sent an email to the penthouse manager and I included pics of the stained rugs/carpet/dust/dirty coffee pot/boogers and dirty heat control and explained for the price paid a night it would be expected to be a clean place......never received a response. Sad because this place could be wonderful if only it were cleaned. The contract they give you needs to be updated as we found many discrepancies.

5 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 2 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 2 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
2 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 2 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Location
Liked least: the place not being clean
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
kmo2
Seattle, Washington
“A wonderful weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012 for a stay in February 2012

This was the nicest vacation rental we've ever stayed in! The ambience, thanks to comfortable and elegant furnishings, was completely relaxing. The space was perfect for our family (including a preschooler), and satisfyingly central to everything in Langley. We would LOVE to stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The decor
Liked least: Internet access was spotty
Traveling group: Family with Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Sheri Keeley
WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011 for a stay in November 2011
5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk 5 of 5 stars Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
from
$295
Night
Week
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
Gina S
Speaks English
Listed since : Jan 2012
Response Rate: 55 %
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 119 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing