I stayed at this Travelodge in Tacoma, WA for one night. I was attending a concert (the fabulous NKOTB tour) with my sister and we had to find an "inexpensive" place that was close to the Tacoma Dome. This place fit the bill. Here's a bit of what to expect if you choose to stay here.
1. It is a 3 story building with doors to all rooms leading outside or the the balcony/walkway.
2. It is a "budget motel" - NOTHING fancy! You don't pay for it, so don't expect it.
3. Small fridge with a microwave on top of it - both worked and were clean.
4. Walls were paper thin - we could hear neighbors walking/coughing, etc. We heard many "bumps in the night."
5. The beds were clean, mattresses felt old and were a little squeaky when you turned over. I think they use flat sheets instead of fitted sheets and they kept coming undone which was annoying.
6. There was FREE WI-FI - just ask the front desk for the password - it was 12ac12ac10 when I stayed there. The signal was strong.
7. Driving/highway access to I-5 was GREAT! (only 2.5 miles from the Tacoma Dome).
8. Eat early at the continental breakfast it is open from 6-9am. There were slim pickings at 8:30 when I went, although I wasn't counting on this as my "breakfast". My sister who went earlier found more choices. Overall, the food is simple: bagels, muffins (kind of like big costco ones), cereal (2 choices - shredded wheat/frosted flakes), apple or orange juice, coffee and tea. Some fruit. They were swamped with guests from the concert and the food went quick. They ran out of oatmeal and cream cheese and had most stuff put away by 8:30. The juice was bad - tasted like warm watered down concentrate.
9. Bathroom - cramped but clean. It had newish tile, but it seemed like it was the only thing updated in the past 10 years. No fan.
10. Sink - outside of the bathroom, had a coffee pot & coffee, wall mounted hair dryer.
11. TV - decent, it was in one of those wooden TV cabinets.
12. Front desk - they were prompt and courteous both at check in and check out. We booked on yahoo travel and had no problems.
13. There was an ironing board but no iron. I am guessing that if you want it you have to get it from the front desk.
14. The view out the window: shocking. There is a DUMP of a motel behind the Travelodge. It looked like it would be in a cheap horror movie so we kept the curtains closed. Too bad this eye sore was the only view we had.
15. Close to Seattle - we were only about 30 minutes or so from downtown.
Overall, if you are expecting to be pampered don't stay here. If you want absolute quiet, this is the wrong place for you. If you're critical of "looks" - this place isn't exactly pretty. However, if you are like me and were out most of the day/night and needed a cheap place to crash - this is is. It had the basic necessities of a motel, and nothing more. It's what I expected and it was fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located near the south end of Tacoma, we are ten minutes away from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, fifteen minutes away from Downtown Tacoma, and half an hour away from Sea-Tac Airport. Our renovated, non-smoking inn features 77 guest rooms and amenities such as complimentary Wi-Fi, coffee, complimentary parking. We take pride in our change of spa amenities: Sun and Sand body care. Products that are not only made in the USA but are cruelty free as well, never tested on animals. Lakewood Inn is located in the International District with easy access to restaurants, shopping centers, entertainment, casinos, and car shops. Popular attractions include the I-5/SR-512 park and ride plaza, the South Tacoma Village Shopping Center, HMart, Paldo World, mom and pop shops and an array of Korean barbeque restaurants- a treat for any connoisseur. The Glass Museum, Washington State History Museum, University of Washington Tacoma, Le May Car Museum, the Pt. Defiance Zoo and Aquarium, and Mt. Rainier are year round popular attractions. For the on the go business person, dry cleaning is available at many mom and pop shops right across the street as well as Asian cuisine open until 4AM. If you're looking to catch the latest blockbusters, both Regal Lakewood Stadium 15 & RPX and AMC Loews Lakewood Towne Center 12 are theaters within 10-15 minutes of a drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Lakewood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.