“This is a BUDGET motel and no more.” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Lakewood Inn to your Saves list
Lakewood Inn
Lakewood Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9325 South Tacoma Way, Lakewood, WA 98499 (Formerly Lakewood Travelodge)   |
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Lakewood
Portland, OR
“This is a BUDGET motel and no more.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2008

I stayed at this Travelodge in Tacoma, WA for one night. I was attending a concert (the fabulous NKOTB tour) with my sister and we had to find an "inexpensive" place that was close to the Tacoma Dome. This place fit the bill. Here's a bit of what to expect if you choose to stay here.

1. It is a 3 story building with doors to all rooms leading outside or the the balcony/walkway.
2. It is a "budget motel" - NOTHING fancy! You don't pay for it, so don't expect it.
3. Small fridge with a microwave on top of it - both worked and were clean.
4. Walls were paper thin - we could hear neighbors walking/coughing, etc. We heard many "bumps in the night."
5. The beds were clean, mattresses felt old and were a little squeaky when you turned over. I think they use flat sheets instead of fitted sheets and they kept coming undone which was annoying.
6. There was FREE WI-FI - just ask the front desk for the password - it was 12ac12ac10 when I stayed there. The signal was strong.
7. Driving/highway access to I-5 was GREAT! (only 2.5 miles from the Tacoma Dome).
8. Eat early at the continental breakfast it is open from 6-9am. There were slim pickings at 8:30 when I went, although I wasn't counting on this as my "breakfast". My sister who went earlier found more choices. Overall, the food is simple: bagels, muffins (kind of like big costco ones), cereal (2 choices - shredded wheat/frosted flakes), apple or orange juice, coffee and tea. Some fruit. They were swamped with guests from the concert and the food went quick. They ran out of oatmeal and cream cheese and had most stuff put away by 8:30. The juice was bad - tasted like warm watered down concentrate.
9. Bathroom - cramped but clean. It had newish tile, but it seemed like it was the only thing updated in the past 10 years. No fan.
10. Sink - outside of the bathroom, had a coffee pot & coffee, wall mounted hair dryer.
11. TV - decent, it was in one of those wooden TV cabinets.
12. Front desk - they were prompt and courteous both at check in and check out. We booked on yahoo travel and had no problems.
13. There was an ironing board but no iron. I am guessing that if you want it you have to get it from the front desk.
14. The view out the window: shocking. There is a DUMP of a motel behind the Travelodge. It looked like it would be in a cheap horror movie so we kept the curtains closed. Too bad this eye sore was the only view we had.
15. Close to Seattle - we were only about 30 minutes or so from downtown.

Overall, if you are expecting to be pampered don't stay here. If you want absolute quiet, this is the wrong place for you. If you're critical of "looks" - this place isn't exactly pretty. However, if you are like me and were out most of the day/night and needed a cheap place to crash - this is is. It had the basic necessities of a motel, and nothing more. It's what I expected and it was fine.

• Liked — Low price, close to Tacoma Dome (location)
  • Disliked — It was old, and not a "nice looking" place
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business

Been to Lakewood Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Lakewood Inn

Address: 9325 South Tacoma Way, Lakewood, WA 98499 (Formerly Lakewood Travelodge)
Location: United States > Washington > Lakewood
Ranked #5 of 5 hotels in Lakewood
Hotel Class:2 star — Lakewood Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Lakewood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Lakewood Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.