“a good place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Lacey
Salem, Oregon
“a good place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have stayed at this location a couple times while doing business in the area. The rooms are updated and very comfortable. The front desk was friendly and polite. The breakfast was adaquate for the price.I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly C, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your response! I am so glad that you feel comfortable coming here during your business travels and taking the time to review us. We hope to continue doing business with you.

63 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Just left after checking into out room a half hour ago. Rooms are very old and dark. After checking the beds, I saw stains on the white sheets and comforter. Freshly cleaned hotel sheets should smell just that way. These did not. I walked down to the front desk and asked for clean sheets. When I got back to our room my daughter was ready to leave. She had a rash across her back and stomach and said it started when she sat down on the chair in the room. I started itching and my husband also was being bitten by something in that room. We packed up and my husband told the front desk we were leaving because the room had some kind of bugs in it. She called and told someone that they needed to fumigate "another room". Apparently this isn't the first time. A friend in our group also had to leave this hotel today after checking into their room. The toilet wouldn't flush and the door to their room wouldn't lock or close securely. This is a really bad hotel. I wasn't expecting luxury, just a clean place too sleep. I didn't want to touch anything in that room. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Ramada Inn across the street. It was $14 more a night. This is a new hotel, clean, friendly, great breakfast and beautiful rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Representitive, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2014

Mark
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stopped in Lacy on way to Vancouver--had never heard of it before. Quality Inn & Suites was a great place, centrally located where you could walk to good restaurants. We ate at Casa Mia on Martin Way--fantastic pepperoni pizza and fabulous apple crostada dessert.
Quality Inn upgraded us to a fantastic large room with Jacuzzi. The staff was welcoming, the breakfast, very good. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Helps to arrive early, and be a member of Choice Privileges Rewards.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay! If you ever come around this area again please come back!
Delta, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Reception was very cheerful & attentive. Breakfast had good choices that are often not included in a continental: soft-boiled eggs, make-your-own waffles, etc. Room was clean. Lots of hot water. Air conditioner was noisy, but that's pretty standard with wall-mount units. The location was very convenient because the event I was attending was within easy walking distance plus a reasonable number of adequate eateries.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your service here! I personally love our breakfast, so I am glad that you did too! I completely understand that the air conditioner was noisy, it is something that we do want to get fixed as soon as we can. Again, thank you so much for your feedback! We hope to see you again soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Comfortable stay, convenient location, friendly helpful staff. I do business in this area regularly & am familiar with the area & this Hotel, for the price its a very good value. Easy on & off the Interstate, close to food, dining, shopping & Cinemas. I travel most of the year for work, this property gives me a reasonably comfortable room good for a short stay, at a good rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our facility and took the time to let us know about how you felt! We hope to see you again soon with all of your travels!
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife and I were travelling I-5 North and had driven from Northern CA, driving all day and night. As we were getting tired we called this property in Lacey, (my hometown gorwing up), at 1:20 am and asked for rate and availability. Told us rate and had a Non-smoking room. Figured Choice Hotel had to be decent. Checked in to room around 1:30 am. The room was tidy, and had new carpet and seemed ok, but had cigarette smoke smell. We thought it may have been someone in the room next door (leaking through the walls perhaps), and at that time of night they surely would return to bed and stop smoking. Wrong. About 45 minutes went by, still very smokey, we didn't use a towel, TP or anything in the room and laid on top of the bed. My wife's asthma started acting up, making it difficult for her to breath. We finally said, that's it this is not acceptible. The room appeared fine, but the smoke smell was unbearable. I went to the front desk and told the young man that this was not accepible, he was welcome to check the room if he liked as we didn't use anything, he said "no, that wasn't necessary sir, it won't be a problem." I asked for some kind of receipt, and he said again that wasn't necessary. We didn't use the room, we didn't have breakfast. We then checked into the Ramada Inn accross Martin Way, which was wonderful and impeccably clean, and no smells. We checked into the Ramada at 3:03 am. When I returned home to Coeur d' Alene, ID, I found that they had charged my credit card for the full amount.
I have called the property and spoken with 3 different front desk employees to try to get this charge reversed. Each of them had promised a return phone call at a specific time and to get to a final resolution after speaking with the General Manager, who works at one of their other property locations in town. None of them followed through as they had promised. Finally upon my 6th long distance call to the property, a front desk employee said that management had agreed to a 20% discounted rate. What a racket. I said, absolutely not, I need to speak with management, she said send them an e-mail and explain the situation. I said, no I'm going to Trip Advisor and AAA to tell my side of the story unless management called me back in 4 days. She said that they wouldn't respond to threats, and she hung up on me. So I'm letting the world know - definitely DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! I also tried calling CHOICE HOTELS direct, and they transferred me to customer service, which was closed. Very frustrating. Absolutely horrible customer service. After 6 calls, (5 of which were very polite and controlled attempting to get the proper resolution)I think management owes me the courtesy of calling me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Representitive, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations in the Cleanliness in you room .Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Cassandra
Lacey Quality Inn & Suites
Lebanon, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel seemed a little run down; but it served its purpose. We were not there for a romantic getaway or anything like that. We just needed a place to stay in the Olympia area and the hotel served that purpose. The desk clerk was nice and charming.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Representitive, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 23, 2014

Cassandra
Lacey Quality Inn & Suites
360-493-1991

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!