“DON'T STAY HERE” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Lacey
Lacey, Washington
“DON'T STAY HERE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is one of the worst hotel experiences I've ever had. The customer service was poor and the rooms were terrible. They were very, very old and the halls as well as the room smelled awful! The light for the bathroom was on a sensor and took forever to warm up so we had to take showers in very dim lighting. The refrigerator was outdated and very small as was the microwave.

For the price they want at the quality they provide this hotel is awful!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Representitive, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 23, 2014

Mark
Lacey Quality Inn & Suites
360-493-1991

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vancouver, B.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed for a night here. Everything was ok. Service was good and people friendly. Rooms was a standard room expected with the price point ($80) It was a bit loud for my liking. The people in the room above up sounded like elephants. Stomp stomp stomp....

Rooms clean and beds were comfy enough.

I would stay here again if there but wouldn't take a special trip to go there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Representitive, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry to hear about the housekeeping and maintenance issues you experienced during your stay with us. I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention.

We strive to provide all of our guests with outstanding accommodations and service at reasonable prices, and we are very sorry that we failed to meet this goal.

The comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken very seriously, and we genuinely appreciate your assistance in helping us improve. Please be assured that the issues you've raised have been addressed, and are being resolved.

Sincerley,
Cassandra
Lacey Quality Inn & Suites
Hemet
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This property needs a facility and staff renovation of the first order. I stayed 5 nights, connecting with my son who was beginning his out processing with the Army at nearby Ft. Lewis. The interiors are all old and show signs of only essential maintenance. Even then, the one ceiling light in the room did not have a working light bulb. The heat lamp timer in the bathroom did not activate any lamps either.
Maid service was a joke. The room was tidied up after the first night, though the floor was not vacuumed well if at all. Then, the room was skipped two days in a row. We were running around so much, I only brought it to the attention of the staff at the desk after the second day because we needed more towels, and had accumulated a lot of trash. When going to the desk I asked if they had daily maid service or not. The person I spoke to cautiously answered yes. When I told her no one had been in the room cleaning for two days, her response was to question whether I had left the "Do not Disturb" sign on the door. I asked for linens and was given towels but no washclothes. She said she would bring some later, but never did. The only apology after checking some paperwork was, "I've been wondering about that perion. I'll let them know about this."
Breakfast was simple and uninteresting. There was biscuits and gravy (with pork), cereal, sweet rolls, bagels, yogurt and make-yourself waffles. Coffee, tea, and a couple of juices were also available. With seating for about 16 - 20 around about 8 or 9 tables, this was one of the nicest areas of the facility.
Traffic noise is constant due to the closeness of the freeway. Though there is convenient access to a reasonably good Denny's and a Circle K for competitvely priced gas in the same corner as the hotel.
The TV is fairly new, but the service used has some issues with providing sound. Several channels were set to provide narration of the characters action, suggesting it was for a person with limited sight.
When checking out, the same person I informed about the problem with maid service asked me how my stay was. I reminded her about the maid service issue, and she again asked me if I had left the "Do not Disturb" sign out. When I reminded her about this, she seemed a bit perplexed and remarked, "Sorry about that."
Lacey is a pretty nice town, and for what this place charged, it should have been better. I would have been better off in the newer Super 8 located below this old place, even closer to the freeway. I will be in touch with Choice Hotels about this property too.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept our sincere apology.

Cassandra
Quality Inn & Suites, Lacey
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

When I arrived at the property I had to wait in the lobby for 10 minutes for the front desk staff to show up, no signage or bell to ring for help. The interior stairway (no elevator) smelled like old wet dog, the carpet was worn and filthy. The carpet in my room was partially clean, but areas around the baseboard were dirty. The decorative pillow on my bed was ripped, as was my top sheet, and there were white stains on the bed spread. The dresser had several old dried sticky areas, which were very easy to remove with just a little warm water. Basically, if this reservation had not been prepaid by a corporate travel agent, I would have left.

Choice hotels should be ashamed to have their name associated with this substandard property. Shame on Choice!

Room Tip: Stay in the Comfort Inn which is across the street.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Becky R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you so much for your response! I am very sorry to hear about the experience you had at our facility, this is not at all acceptable! Please be assured that all matters have been rectified. We are doing daily repairs and remodeling, so I hope that you will stay with us again in the future and see the improvements! Once again, I apologize for the problems that you had.
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Right next to the very busy I-5, so lots of traffic noise all night long. Although "pet friendly" there was no outdoor area suitable for airing dogs. The room was very tiny. The carpet was worn and stained and the rest of the decor was very "tired". When turing on the light in the grungy bathroom, the fan was also activated and it sounded like an old turboprop engine firing up. The bedding was worn to the point of being threadbare. The mattress was uncomfortable. Shortly after we were in our room the phone rang and someone identifying themselves as an employee advised that their system had crashed and asked us for personal/financial info. A check with the front desk confirmed that this was a scam. The password for the hotel wi-fi was not necessary to log-in, so we were not sure that it was secure and subsequently made reservations for the ferry via cell phone. Having just come from a very nice Quality Inn in Clarkston, WA we could not believe the difference in accommodations!

Room Tip: There seems to be other, nicer hotels in the immediate area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Becky R, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate and all that we receive, good and bad! We are aware that our property is close to the highway, and we are in the process of fixing the noise problems. Triple pane windows along with hardiplank siding are being installed, all of the fans in the restrooms have been replaced and all of the carpet has been cleaned and pulled straight. We are doing daily repairs, and it will be virtually sound proof by the end of the month! As for the phone calls, unfortunately it's a common problem in hotels, but we have turned off the automatic room connection for the security of our guests'. I apologize for the experience that you had while staying at our facility, please come stay with us again and see all of the improvements that we made!
Tieton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Friendly staff. While a little worn, smallish room was clean, tidy, and welcoming. Clean bedding, fridge, microwave. Slept well and out at the crack of dawn, so no idea what breakfast is like. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback! We have a wonderful breakfast, so I hope you get to try it on your next stay :)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I am late writting my review as I have been busy with work. First off yhe rooms are a little small but still manageable. The breakfast was the same every morning so I did not eat there much and the front desk girl Casandra had a hard time going back and forth but managed it with a positive attitude. At night the front desk girl April was friendly and helpful. She got me directions to my meeting the next morning and provided me with a great place to pick up pastries close by. The staff has a great attitude and were always smiles. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for the great feedback regarding my staff, they work very hard and it's a good feeling to know that they are recognized for it! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay, I hope to see you again!

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!