“Not clean” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Lacey/Olympia Area

You added Super 8 Lacey/Olympia Area to your Saves list
Super 8 Lacey/Olympia Area
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   112 College Street SE, Interstate 5 Exit 109, Lacey, WA 98503-5385   |
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Lacey
Victoria, BC
“Not clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I checked in for two nights. The front desk staff and the manager were very helpful and great to deal with. The room was very rundown. Window fogged, burns on the carpet, old bathroom fixtures that hadn't been scrubbed in a long time. Being a guy, the first thing I noticed was the tv remote didn't work. Took it to front desk. They gave me new batteries but it still didn't work. Then I started looking at the room. There were drink marks on the night table and table. There was hair on the bathroom floor and toilet was, well...unclean! The toilet was running constantly. My stay was non refundable through Expedia, otherwise I would have left right there. I left a nice note and a tip for housecleaning staff. Explained the remote issue and requested they wipe the tables. When I returned that evening there was a note from housecleaning saying they had fixed the remote. They had also cleaned the tables but that was it! The bed was not made, trash not emptied, bathroom not cleaned, nothing! The next morning I couldn't get the shower to work! Went to front desk where the friendly staff attended the room and yarded the valve to get it to work. Thanked them kindly. After my shower I had trouble shutting it off. Wound up kicking the valve to get it shut off! I forgot to mention the pool. Well I wouldn't swim in it. Would I stay here again not in a million years! Friendly staff, but hotel is a dump. Next night I stayed in a Best Western of the same vintage for $10, what a difference! Clean room, clean sheets! clean toilet, clean shower, clean pool and everything worked!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ResvMgr1, Manager at Super 8 Lacey/Olympia Area, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am disappointed to learn of the problems you incurred with your room at our hotel. We are working hard to correct these problems and I can assure you we have made substantial progress over the past few weeks and will continue to focus on the quality of our hotel. I was pleased to hear your found our staff to be friendly and helpful, but that's no consolation for the poor cleanliness and maintenance of your guest room. It is my sincere hope that you will contact us so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with some resolution. Thank you again for your comments, as we continue to work hard to ensure all our guests have a clean and comfortable stay here at the Lacey Super 8 Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Checked out of Comfort Inn across the road at $88 a night. Checked into Super 8 at $66 a night. We had a long stay in Lacey and were trying to save money. Super 8 rooms were a dump. Sheets had stains, floor was dirty, bed spring showing with no cover and more stains, beer caps under bed, and tub was never cleaned. I'm not a picky person and love roughing it but come on!! Management service was great and helped us get out of our reservation with refund.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The first room I was in I was locked out of...the door died! second room their was blood on the sheets and pillow. The second room the lights, microwave and refrigerator didn't work and the fourth there was MORE blood on the bed protector and counter. The hot tub wasn't so much a hot tub but instead was a urine tub! This all happened in the first 24 hours of my stay (I had planned on staying four nights). I obviously wasn't a happy guest but with all the frustration and ICK factor the main front desk girl and the night manager were very helpful and wonderful and tried as much as they could to handle the situation the best they could. Would I stay there again....probably not but I wouldn't run screaming from it either. The customer service made all the difference in the world.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

ResvMgr1, Manager at Super 8 Lacey/Olympia Area, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
I am so sorry to hear about the problems you incurred at our property. I can assure you we have addressed these issues and have taken the necessary steps to remedy them. I appreciate the time you took to bring these to the attention of the front desk supervisor. We will continue to strive to improve so that we may know that we have done our best to earn your loyalty.
Vancouver Island, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a late night stopover so decided to stay at the Lacey Super 8. We were able to get a quick check-in without a problem.

The room was o.k., nothing to write home about though (older style). Housekeeping could have done a better job in the room.

There was a breakfast included; batter-style waffles (self-serve, you make), pre-peeled boiled eggs (bonus to not have to peel them yourself!), yogurt, etc. The only issue with breakfast was the hard boilded eggs - they were slightly frozen-like on the outside (suspect too close to the ice). Other than that, the breakfast was fine; no complaints. Friendly young staff member to monitor food/breakfast area.

The staff was all very friendly. The staff we saw all seemed on the younger side; all very pleasant.

The room charge was under $80 plus taxes; not bad for not pre-booking. We arrived on July 4th (holiday) so glad we were able to get a place to stay without being charged crazy prices. There was an indoor pool area but we didn't use it due to the purpose of our stay.

We were on the road and needed a place for the night before traveling on. This worked for our needs at the time. The hotel is just off the i-5 and on a corner with other hotels on the block; I suspect this would be the most economical. There was a restaurant next door (Denny's?). We got our rest and were able to carry on our travels the next day. Easy check-in, easy check-out.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Lacey/Olympia Area? Share your experiences!