“Partial view or full view?” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quileute Oceanside Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Push
Quileute Oceanside Resort
320 Ocean Drive, P.O. Box 67, La Push, WA 98350   |
Kona, HI
“Partial view or full view?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

There are many review about how great the Quileute Oceanside Resort was; and I agree with them. My review is about my choice of the partial view motel room instead of the full view motel room. I choose the partial view because it was cheaper (I think the full view was $18 a night more). When I checked into my room, the partial view motel rooms was a very nice studio apartment style room on the ground floor. Being on the ground floor made it very easy to move the luggage and ice chest/groceries in. The view was ok, but had low dunes and bushes between the motel and the ocean. So if you really, really want a great view - pay for the full view - but be prepared to lug your luggage and stuff up the stairs to the second floor of the motel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

273 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We just returned from La Push and could not have been more impressed. The location of the resort is gorgeous the ocean was right outside our back door. We stayed in a luxury studio cabin and it was a great size for the two of us, our jacuzzi tub faced the ocean and the windows were clean all with great views. Staff was very friendly upon check in, and assisted us whenever required. There was no where to eat actually in La Push but the little store on the resort had the required items if u choose to cook your own meals. Forks was a short distance away so we ate there mostly. I have not a single complaint about this resort, we loved every minute of it and certainly didn't want to leave :) Make sure to check out the visitor centre in Forks two lovely women work there and where extremely helpful and friendly.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If your looking for a place to sit back, breath in the ocean air and relax. This is it. Virtually no cell service, not internet and the only meeting you will be attending is around a beachside fire, and the only traffic jam is that of your kids racing down the trails to the beach. One of the only places I have been where the kids can basically run free. Accommodations vary from very simple to very nice, giving the traveler a wide variety of choices to fit their budget and family size.

Room Tip: Some of the smaller cabins do not have a shower. Mid-summer the cabins near the beach can get warm...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a fabulous location with stunning views of the ocean. We stayed in a luxury cabin, and it was clean, well appointed, and well maintained. My only complaint is how the resort communicates policies around their bookings. For example, I booked a cabin for MLK weekend for two nights. I did see that the resort has a three night minimum for holidays, but I never received a notification as I was booking that MLK weekend is considered a holiday weekend, and they did not have listed what dates they consider as holiday weekends. The only way I was notified was the confirmation I received in the mail a few days later that had three nights booked, not two. Even when I checked out, the woman noted that we weren't scheduled to leave until the next day. But I told her that that's how the booking system had noted our reservation. The other improvement they could make is to list what's available in the kitchens of the cabins - we weren't sure what to bring from home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I spent one wonderful night here in early December 2012. Had I known what a great place this was, I would have booked for more than one night. I hesitated to do so because the resort has no t.v., internet, or phone, and isn't near any shops or restaurants. It didn't matter. We didn't miss those things at all!

Resort:
It's huge. The property consists of several different places to stay. There is a hotel. Luxury cabins. Small, basic cabins. Spots for tents and RVs. Check in was a breeze. And, despite some of the reviews I read on here, the staff was very friendly.

Parking:
We booked one of the luxury cabins and had a designated spot close to our cabin. We did have to walk through the trees on a trail way, but only for a very short distance.

Our cabin:
We stayed in a studio cabin, number 23. We loved it!!! The view from the deck of the cabin was just breathtaking. Inside there was a king bed, a fireplace, a mini kitchen area with two stove burners, fridge, sink, microwave and toaster oven. The furniture went perfectly with the theme of the cabin, very rustic looking. There was a huge jetted tub with a window looking out to the beach right next to it. The sink was separate from the shower and toilet.
The entire cabin itself was clean and well maintained. One minor problem: The sliding door had mini blinds and some of the slots were missing allowing anyone walking by to peek in. We hung a towel over that part to block it. Other than that, we had no issues.

Dining:
There isn't much around there. I believe most of the cabins/rooms come with a full or half kitchen, so you can bring items to prepare in your room. There is a restaurant in La Push, Rivers Edge, but it was closed when we were there. For dinner, we ate at the Three Rivers restaurant, which is about half way between La Push and Forks. Their burgers were surprisingly good, and freshly prepared. There is also a general store right near the resort with very basic items, snacks, drinks, etc.

Over all impression:
I want to go back. Now. This place was amazing. At least cabin 23 was. I can't speak about the hotel or smaller cabins, but even if they weren't as nice as the luxury cabins, you are still right on the beach. Don't let the lack of modern conveniences scare you away. Go, relax, enjoy the beach. It's magical there.

Room Tip: We stayed in Cabin 23 and loved it. It was a studio, so cheaper than the others, but still with a gr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Clearlake, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

A friend and myself had a girls get away and this place was wonderful! We stayed in cabin 45 which is on the end and by where rv's can hook up next to you, however there were no rv's next to us during our stay. We were there December 15-17 and even with the "storm" that was passing thru it was a beautiful place to stay. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The only thing was you had to bring your used towels and exchange them by the office and we had to request a shower curtain as there was not one when we checked in. Again these are not desk breakers just very minor annoyances. Also our front porch light did not work . But I would definitely stay here again .

• Stayed December 2012
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in Luxury Cabin # 28. Walking thru the door it was too good to be true! Immediately my spouse saw a whale spouting in the near distance. It was the only time we saw it this trip though.
Everything was VERY clean-even the coffee pot was the cleanest I'd ever seen for all the hotels I've stayed in. Kitchen was stocked so well, pots, pans, broom, bottle opener, can opener, utensils, great dishes/cups, etc. the whole nine yards! Better stocked than some condos we have stayed in! The only minor thing it didn't have was a pan to bake a cake & I made do with the broiler pan. If it wasn't for my hubby's 50th bday, I would not have baked a cake. They supplied paper towels, dishsoap, coffee/tea. Full size fridge, micro & 3 burner stove/oven.

Our unit had a comfortable bed, and the bedroom had a lighted mirror/vanity built in. Leather like couch and recliner in living area. Bring your food to either cook or heat up, is my advice. I heard there's one restaurant there but we didn't go there as we had our own meals. We set our mini BBQ up on the deck outside. There is a small store on site though I didn't go in it so not sure what all they have to offer. My husband bought me a jar of green olives there, so I know they have those! THere was an ice machine & we only used it to get ice for our drinks.
We watched surfers & at night caught gorgeous sunsets. WE CANNOT WAIT TO RETURN. No TV, no phones in unit-so relaxing. Yes we had electricity & used a DVD player we brought from home to watch one movie. Otherwise, just enjoyed nature, the beach, hikes, etc. Easy check in, easy check out. Took a few day trips: Makah Indian Reservation has a great museum-if you go that direction it is a must stop. They have a gift shop too. Also drove out Neah Bay to Cape Flattery. Took a hike thru woods to the western most spot in the continental U.S. Some of that hike was on planks over marshy areas. Worked fine for us & saw so much unspoiled beauty in this area. It's truly God's country.

Room Tip: If you're able to walk even a few hundred feet, you'll be in the ocean. No need for a luxur...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Still looking for a hotel?
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Push
Kalaloch Lodge 4.0 of 5 stars 227 reviews Miller Tree Inn Bed & Breakfast 4.5 of 5 stars 170 reviews
View all 0 hotels in La Push, ranked by popularity

Been to Quileute Oceanside Resort? Share your experiences!