“Smelt! Best Ever!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Wenatchee, Washington
“Smelt! Best Ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

We sat outside on the dock overlooking the water with an umbrella for sun protection. I was delighted with the smelt - took me back to childhood memories. And it was absolutely delicious!

Kamloops, Canada
“Best oyster burger!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Service was slow but the food was worth the wait. My husband says this was the best oyster burger he's ever had. My fried oysters and curry/carrot soup was delicious and other meals I saw go by looked very good. I would recommend sitting out on the patio as it overlooks the channel.

Visited July 2014
Seattle, Washington
“Beautiful Restaurant in La Conner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We took the boat to La Conner today and had lunch at Nell's. We have never been to their old location but really enjoyed the location on the Channel. The service was a little slow and the food was average. My husband did not enjoy his calamari salad but I did enjoy the shrimp pasta. The wine was good. They are a bit expensive for lunch. We will return again to try for dinner. I enjoyed the atmosphere. We live on Camano Island and there is no place to have a nice meal.

Tucson, Arizona
“Great Outdoor View of Water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a new place and we enjoyed it. The food was very good and the view out on patio very nice. The bread and olive oil was great complement to our waiting for lunch. The wine was also nice and reasonably priced.

We shared a salad and sandwich. We enjoyed both.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kalispell, Montana
“Overpriced---expect much better food at these prices.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Several of our friends had dined here and recommended it, but warned that it was expensive. We didn't think the food rose to the prices they are charging. Granted it is a very nice location right on the water and a nicely decorated place, so if you want to impress clients or a date, it might be worth the $$---just don't expect the food to impress. Our server and others were very pleasant and efficient, but the kitchen wasn't moving fast. One lady on her way out was heard to exclaim that she'd never waited that long for a meal ever.

We had two appetizers--the polenta with Gorgonzola and mushroom gravy was the best and probably the one item we felt was worth the money. The pot-stickers were over cooked and lackluster in flavor. House salads were fresh and nicely dressed with house made dressings which were delish. My steak ($38) was cooked to my liking, but had more gristle than it should and didn't taste that good. My wife's pasta was pretty good.

With tip, we were just shy of $150 for two people. That's quite a bit of money to spend and to walk out with no feeling that you had enjoyed a special meal. I doubt we will return.

• 3 of 5 stars Food