“Had a wonderful weekend at Katy's Inn” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katy's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Conner
Katy's Inn
Save Saved
You added Katy's Inn to your Saves list
503 Third St, La Conner, WA 98257   |
Ranked #3 of 5 La Conner B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington, United States
“Had a wonderful weekend at Katy's Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I planned a getaway weekend for my Mom who has had a difficult year and wanted to make it special time for her. Katy's Inn was the perfect place for us; cozy, clean, convenient to town and the breakfast was outstanding! I had never stayed in a B&B before and wondered about the privacy and I was pleasantly surprised in that I felt we had the right balance of interaction and privacy. When the heater didn't work (it hadn't been used all summer because of the unusually warm summer), the owners came right away to take care of it. If you want a inn/room that is high-end than Katy's isn't for you. Katy's Inn is a very old house, but renovated and well taken care of. And it had amenities we didn't even use -- great patio with hot tub, outdoor seating and BBQ grill. So if you want to stay somewhere that is unique, cozy and full of character and want a fantastic breakfast -- stay at Katy's! I was able to give my Mom the special weekend I was hoping to. I forgot to mention the great coffee and scones delivered to your room each morning!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived to the location, we were told to come back another 30 minutes because the house wasn't yet ready. When we headed back about an hour later, there was our paperwork pinned by the door and the door was unlock for us to go in..no one was in there to welcome us, our paperwork says the front door will stay unlock all day until 11pm...that right there was already a red flag...we had reserved the garden room which had 2 beds and one bath...the room did not have tv, etc..that was already dissatisfying walking in to the bedroom...after settling in with our stuff, we decided to go walk around and stroll to the gift shops, have dinner, etc..but as we have started to leave the room, the doors out to the patios did not have locks, there was no way for us to lock our bedroom door from outside. How are we supposed to feel comfortable leaving our personal items when the whole house is unlock, no one in the house to keep a look out...afte we got back from our dinner, we had decide to leave because we were not comfortable staying the night...I left a note for Katie to let her know we were not satisfied with the place... 2 days later, I got a call from Katie asking why we left..she was upset that we did not call her instead of leaving a note..I told her it was pretty late and was not comfortable calling her that late...she then got snippy and had an attitude as I was trying to explain as to why we were not satisfied with the place..she hung up on me after I asked her as to why she was giving me an attitude as a dissatisfied customer..she then called back to let me know she was still going to charge my credit card for the full amount. I don't mind paying for the full amount but after she mistreated me over the phone, of course I was upset..before she hung up, he then said, "you just missed out on a very good breakfast, and you will never be welcomed to stay at Katie's Inn again." After my family's experienced, we will never ever step a foot in that place nor ever want to speak to Katie again...she is vet unprofessional when dealing with a dissatisfied customer..will never refer anyone to that place.

• Stayed September 2013
cindytracey, Owner at Katy's Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
In eleven years of owning Katy's Inn no one has ever "slept and skipped" out on us, until now. I received a note from this customer in the morning that La Conner was a boring town, and they were "bored" and had left. When I went to the room the beds had been slept in and the bathroom used and they were gone. I then called her that morning at 7:00 am and she told me that they stay up late and there was no TV and nothing to do, so they left about 10:00 pm. We have games, we have a DVD player, with 300 movies, a hot tub and a sitting area with a gas fireplace.

Our rooms are always ready by 3:00 pm, so they arrived about noon. She spoke to our live-in caretaker and housekeeper, Molly. Her credit card had been declined. I asked for a new one, since our policy clearly states that she has to pay for the room, whether or not she was bored. This card was declined, as well. She has been sent to collections for payment.

We sent away nearly 20 people who would have loved to stay with us that night. I certainly was not rude, I was shocked that this woman attacked the town I love. I did not hang up on her. La Conner is a lovely safe town. We have locks on all the doors and windows and you can lock yourself in your room. However the house is unlocked during the day. We have no crime in La Conner. NONE!!! I am blessed to live in a town where I can leave my doors unlocked and welcome visitors in from all over the world! I have forwarded her information to all the other Inns in town, so they will not be scammed by this customer in the future.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We had a wondeful time at Katy's Inn. The house, rooms and garden were all lovely. The breakfast was AMAZING. I would glady go back to La Conner and Katy's Inn any time! Highly recommend Katy's above all other accomodations in La Conner.

Room Tip: The captains room as the biggest and best. It has your own entrance. The other rooms looked nice too...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Oswego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

La Conner is a very-walkable, picturesque town and if you want your trip to be extra special, stay at Katy's Inn. The rooms and grounds are lovely, and the owner, Cynthia, adds some great touches -- such as a basket of tea/coffee and scones waiting outside your door each morning. She also makes a great breakfast and there's a hot-tub and multiple terraces and balconies for outdoor socializing. From the Inn you can walk all over town and some of the best restaurants are just a couple of minutes walk away. I highly recommend the Garden Room -- it's a very sweet suite that opens out onto the balcony on the second floor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My girlfriends and I had such a lovely time at Katy's Inn. It was the perfect place to celebrate my 50th birthday. We soaked in the hot tub and delighted in taking photos of the house. Tea was delivered to our room in the morning and we all crowded into the incredibly comfortable bed with the tea tray.

Imagine my dismay when I got home from that fabulous trip and discovered that I had left my expensive tempurpedic pillow behind! I thought it was gone forever, but my husband encouraged me to ask Katy's if they would send it to me. I thought that was an outrageous request; I've never stayed in a place where they were willing to send me forgotten items. Unbelievably, I got the pillow back within three days. I still can't get over it!

Room Tip: FYI breakfast is served to all at 9AM at the dining room table. When we were there, all the guests...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Puyallup, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Double check your reservation if you book online. Arrived to find the place locked and dark. When I finally got hold of the owner I was told they had no reservations booked for the evening and they were fully booked for the following evening. Because they were dining with friends they wouldn't open the place for us that evening. Obviously we were out of luck. I had received an email confirmation from their web reservation service. They told me they had sent numerous emails afterward to tell me that they couldn't book us. I checked and found that to be true. However, I hadn't noticed these emails in my mountain of messages. Besides, I had a confirmation, right? If I were the owners, I would at least part ways with their web reservation service. We were lucky and found a room at the very nice La Conner Channel Lodge.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
cindytracey, Owner at Katy's Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
The reservation system we use explains up front, that any reservation made needs a confirmation to secure the reservation. i called and sent numerous emails to this guest that we could not accommodate his reservation for two nights, but could for one night. He never responded to my email or phone calls. We can not be responsible for someone if they do not read or listen to their messages.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed 1 night in La Conner. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast and I can say the bar has been set high.
The home was so quaint. It reminded me of historical homes seen in museums...except that we were able to touch and use everything like it was our home for the night. My favorite part of the home was the grand piano and the living room-which was stocked full of interesting reads, old records/CDs, games and decor.
We stayed in the Captain's Suite. No complaints. Everything was very clean and spacious. Although we did not use any, I noticed there was some bathrobes for both adults and children to use.
The home definitely has character. It's history can be read on the walls of the home.
The owner Cindy was very pleasant. She achieved the perfect balance between being friendly and giving us our space and privacy. The breakfast she made was scrumptious (egg souffle, hot chocolate, coffee, OJ, baked apple, fresh berries, and cinnamon buns. Did I also mentioned that there were welcome scones upon our arrival? Very nice touch.
The location was only minutes away from the town. The neighbourhood was beautiful.
Will be back in the near future.

Room Tip: Choose downstairs if you want space, choose upstairs if you want view of river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Katy's Inn? Share your experiences!