“Sweetest Little B&B” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Katy's Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Conner
Katy's Inn
503 Third St, La Conner, WA 98257   |
Ranked #3 of 5 La Conner B&B and Inns
Lake Oswego
“Sweetest Little B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

La Conner is a very-walkable, picturesque town and if you want your trip to be extra special, stay at Katy's Inn. The rooms and grounds are lovely, and the owner, Cynthia, adds some great touches -- such as a basket of tea/coffee and scones waiting outside your door each morning. She also makes a great breakfast and there's a hot-tub and multiple terraces and balconies for outdoor socializing. From the Inn you can walk all over town and some of the best restaurants are just a couple of minutes walk away. I highly recommend the Garden Room -- it's a very sweet suite that opens out onto the balcony on the second floor.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My girlfriends and I had such a lovely time at Katy's Inn. It was the perfect place to celebrate my 50th birthday. We soaked in the hot tub and delighted in taking photos of the house. Tea was delivered to our room in the morning and we all crowded into the incredibly comfortable bed with the tea tray.

Imagine my dismay when I got home from that fabulous trip and discovered that I had left my expensive tempurpedic pillow behind! I thought it was gone forever, but my husband encouraged me to ask Katy's if they would send it to me. I thought that was an outrageous request; I've never stayed in a place where they were willing to send me forgotten items. Unbelievably, I got the pillow back within three days. I still can't get over it!

Room Tip: FYI breakfast is served to all at 9AM at the dining room table. When we were there, all the guests...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Puyallup, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Double check your reservation if you book online. Arrived to find the place locked and dark. When I finally got hold of the owner I was told they had no reservations booked for the evening and they were fully booked for the following evening. Because they were dining with friends they wouldn't open the place for us that evening. Obviously we were out of luck. I had received an email confirmation from their web reservation service. They told me they had sent numerous emails afterward to tell me that they couldn't book us. I checked and found that to be true. However, I hadn't noticed these emails in my mountain of messages. Besides, I had a confirmation, right? If I were the owners, I would at least part ways with their web reservation service. We were lucky and found a room at the very nice La Conner Channel Lodge.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
cindytracey, Owner at Katy's Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
The reservation system we use explains up front, that any reservation made needs a confirmation to secure the reservation. i called and sent numerous emails to this guest that we could not accommodate his reservation for two nights, but could for one night. He never responded to my email or phone calls. We can not be responsible for someone if they do not read or listen to their messages.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed 1 night in La Conner. It was our first time at a bed and breakfast and I can say the bar has been set high.
The home was so quaint. It reminded me of historical homes seen in museums...except that we were able to touch and use everything like it was our home for the night. My favorite part of the home was the grand piano and the living room-which was stocked full of interesting reads, old records/CDs, games and decor.
We stayed in the Captain's Suite. No complaints. Everything was very clean and spacious. Although we did not use any, I noticed there was some bathrobes for both adults and children to use.
The home definitely has character. It's history can be read on the walls of the home.
The owner Cindy was very pleasant. She achieved the perfect balance between being friendly and giving us our space and privacy. The breakfast she made was scrumptious (egg souffle, hot chocolate, coffee, OJ, baked apple, fresh berries, and cinnamon buns. Did I also mentioned that there were welcome scones upon our arrival? Very nice touch.
The location was only minutes away from the town. The neighbourhood was beautiful.
Will be back in the near future.

Room Tip: Choose downstairs if you want space, choose upstairs if you want view of river.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Deer Park, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We enjoyed our stay, unlike some other reviewers we enjoyed not having the host follow us around (as we've had happen at other B&B's) I found her to have the right balance. We really enjoyed being close to town and spending time by the the fire pit. My favorite thing however was waking up to hot coffee and muffins at our door and sitting on the balcony before we went down for breakfast. Thank you for an amazing stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Victor NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Katy's is located in an excellent location for walking to the main streets of LaConner. The house is extremely well maintained. The bedrooms are comfortable and the house is filled with historical info on the owners over time. Unfortunately, the owner was having a bad day when we stayed. She goes to tremendous effort to fix a hearty breakfast for guests. Unfortunately, she forgot that there were two of us staying in our room (she was no where to be seen when we arrived). When she discovered that there were two of us for breakfast, she got annoyed and suggested it was our fault. As there is only the one option for the meal (no dried cereal, toast, available) and since we also weren't asked at all about allergies, etc beforehand, it was difficult for the one of us that didn't eat eggs or meat. The house is up for sale and hopefully it will be under new ownership soon as the ambiance of the surroundings was a bit lessened by the current owner's demeanor.

Room Tip: Be sure to specify if you want a room with private bath.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
cindytracey, Owner at Katy's Inn, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
What a surprise to see this review!

We ask all our guests to fill out a registration form on arrival. On that form, its specially asks for all the names and the number of people staying in each room. It also asks if you have any dietary restrictions. Your registration form listed just one name. Number staying in the room was not filled out. Dietary restrictions list shellfish allergy only. I spoke to you in the morning and asked if you wanted to have a early breakfast. You said that you did. No comment about someone else staying in your room. So i was surprised (not having a bad day) when there was two of you for breakfast.

Your response was that it was not a problem, that you both were small eaters and you would be fine with sharing the breakfast. I had cereal, I had toast, would of made you anything you wanted, but you never asked. We accommodate many restricted diets and would have been very happy to accommodate yours, all you needed to do was ask.
White Rock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights, only to wish we had stayed another. What a special place! From the instant you walked through the door you felt like you were walking through your own front door. full of character and oozing with charm, this b & b wins hands down. Walking distance to restaurants & the shops made our stay even more enjoyable. We stayed in the Rose bedroom, which was my favorite out of all the beautiful bedrooms. The breakfasts were amazing, Cindy the owner is an exceptional cook who was also an exceptional host. Having the hot tub and fire pit made our stay even more relaxing, we thoroughly enjoyed making use of these. We can't wait to go back for another visit as this was one of our favorite weekends away
by far....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Katy's Inn? Share your experiences!