“Horrible, Horrible, Horrible” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Seattle, Washington
“Horrible, Horrible, Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband and I were VERY DISAPPOINTED by this Thai place. We are from Seattle and have been to our share of Thai places ranging from hole in the wall places to really upscale. We went in with medium expectations since there were great reviews on this site and our hotel manager said it was an ok place to go. I ordered Phad Thai and my husband ordered pineapple scrimp fried rice which we thought were safe orders. Also we ordered Thai Ice Teas and an appetizer. We arrived at 6pm on a Saturday night and it was not busy so we thought, perfect we will be eating in no time since Thai restaurants are usually pretty quick. We sat outside on the covered deck area. Our order was taken pretty quickly by a friendly waiter. The Thai Ice Teas and appetizer came about 30 minutes later which we thought was a a bit long, but ok. Then 30 minutes later my husband's fried rice came which was a long wait for fried rice. It was in a really heavy yellow sauce and was really really unappetizing looking and it tasted terrible. We waited another 15 minutes and my Phad Thai never came....they had totally forgotten about it. They quickly made it, but when it came out it was a bright orangey red color and the noodles were really chewy because they were under cooked. It tasted like sweet and sour ketchup sauce. I have had a lot of Phad Thai's in my life and this was by far the worst plate I have ever had. I took a couple of bites, but it was so gross I had to leave it. My husband could only eat about 1/3 of his dish. He has also had many fried rice dishes in his life and this was by far the worst. That was $40 wasted. Other people came and waited in the outdoor seating and never got waited on. The people sitting around us had really slow service too. Since we were just visiting, I don't know if it was just an off night or what. We should have gone to Seeds which was our other place we were deciding between!

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Washington
“Traditional Thai in La Conner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We like to visit new Thai and Vietnamese restaurants when we can, the La Conner Thai Garden was a very pleasant new discovery. A really nice, well lit room with an attentive, friendly staff and good food at very reasonable prices. A wider range of options on the "eat in" menu than on the "to go", and everything just like mom used to make, if you're from Thailand.

Visited May 2013
Bellingham, WA
“Delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stopped in for Sunday lunch. Very clean with lots of natural light and some outside seating. Greeted warmly. Good variety of dishes. One plate of excellent seafood curry and one plate of very good pork vegetables was plenty for the two of us. May be a little spicy compared to other places as we ordered 2 on a scale of 5 and the rice was needed to cool down the curry. Slightly expensive with each entree about $15 to $17. Would recommend to a friend.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lynnwood, Washington
“Enjoyed Every Bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

Upside: Very good Thai food, as spicy or mild as you want. Clean. Downside: Small and noisy. No friendly welcome (I wondered if we caught them on a bad day). Waiter seemed new at the job and was a little hard to communicate with. Summary: If you like Thai food, and the next closest Thai place (in Mount Vernon) is a little too far away, then by all means check this place out and hope for the best.

Visited April 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
“Awesome! Will definately go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We were here on Easter Weekend and La Conner was a zoo with people. This restaurant was busy but not packed with line ups for it is on the edge of town. The service was good. Family run place. The food was GREAT. My hubby had pad thai and I had shrimp pineapple rice. My mouth is watering just thinking of the meal. Oh it was good. Fresh, hot , tasty. Would Go back for sure!

• Visited April 2012