“The best in La Conner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Oak Harbor, Washington
“The best in La Conner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We have eaten at all the restaurants available for lunch in La Conner and have to say that this is #1. I ordered a Grilled Salmon Burger that not only looked great, but tasted wonderful. The sauce they offer with it on the side was also very good. I was worried that it would have a giant burger bun, but to my surprise it was served on a nice light bun. The fries that came with it were tasty too. I guess you would call them fresh cut since they still had a light skin on them. My husband had the fish and chips which he said was just the right size for lunch. They offer flavored Iced Tea, but we opted for regular Iced Tea and were pleased with the taste. The prices are good and the outside deck is very nice overlooking the channel with boats passing by. The wait staff were very friendly and efficient. We will return!

86% Recommend
Ridgefield, Washington, United States
“It was ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We ate lunch here, on the deck and it was very pleasant out there. I got a burger and fries, and it was ok. It was not much better than fast food, and much more expensive. IMy husband had a salad and soup and said it was good. I ordered cake for dessert, and the cake was very dry.,

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Waterfront Cafe is easily missed as there was only an advertisement board on the side walk. The pull for me was 'best fish and chips'. We decided to give it a try for lunch and I'm glad we did. We were welcomed and asked if we could sit by the water, the hostess said we could sit anywhere. Even though it was a dull day we had a nice view as we sat to the back of the outside area.
We shared a bowl of seafood chowder which was excellent, defiantly homemade which chunks of salmon, cod and potato and hot to boot. For my main I had the fish sandwich was was breaded cod. I prefer battered fish but this was also very tasty. The fries were crisp and hot. My husband had the fish and chips which he seemed happy with. Everything was hot and fresh. Our server was very friendly and was concerned about our meal which was excellent.
I would go there again.

Brisbane, Australia
“As Good As They Come!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had the delightful opportunity to spend 4th July at this fabulous restaurant. Located right on the water (and when I say "right on the water", I mean RIGHT on the water!), it offers everything a hungry traveller could want. Plus some. Our hosts were divine, attending to our every need. I can really recommend the ribs ... melt in your mouth, yum! Try to be there for a sunset and remember to take your camera. With the apricot rays spreading across the water and onto the quaint shops and buildings, it makes for a perfect holiday memoir. Better still, arrive early and check out some of the local art and craft type shops, then go to dinner! Is about 75 minutes easy drive north of Seattle so make the effort to go ... you will be rewarded!

• Visited July 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Kinda makes me re-think ever visiting La Conner again...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a place to grab a mid-afternoon snack. So we stopped by, got seated in the "brig", an outdoor, covered area and were waited on. We ordered a couple Cokes, a cup of soup and a side of fries. The waitress kinda glared at me for what I guess to her was a small order. "Sorry," I thought, "we just wanted a little snack." So someone else brings our order and the food was decent. Something like 45 minutes later, after basically being forgotten about, we wandered inside the place to find our waitress. I said it looked like it got busy but we wanted a refill on our drinks. She just kinda smiled and said "Ready for your bill then?" I was like, okay, so nevermind on the refill then and she asked where we were from. Her demeanor was just so inhospitable, which is weird because it looks like this town wouldn't even exist without the summer tourists. Anyway, if you're looking for a quaint place to visit and have a nice time, I would definitely skip this dive. They don't take kindly to strangers...

• Visited July 2013