“great place for July 4th” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Description: Wine bar with a nice menu
Description: Wine bar with a nice menu
Stanwood, Washington, USA
“great place for July 4th”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We've been there a few times and have enjoyed conversing with the owners, Mike and Kathy. It's nice to learn about local wines and wineries. We had a wonderful time on the fourth with good wine, food, music, and then watching the fireworks over the water. Hope to have this become our annual place to be that day.

Visited July 2013

Seattle, Washington
“I love the idea of a tasting room in LaConner but they need lots of work.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I had a Living Social coupon for this place. I was excited for wine, appetizers and scenery. Yes the scenery is great but that was about it. We ordered the wine and appetizers. We ordered more than what was on the coupon. The spreads were delicious until I found a hair mixed in. Yes I know this happens frequently anywhere so I let it go. Then I was about to dig in to the chicken kabob when I looked closer. There was mold on it. So I told the lady and she said that's impossible. It is only a couple days old and it is just the Italian seasonings on it. Yuck! Italian seasonings are not hairy. Ok so then the wine. Great selection! Delicious even! Until I went to buy one of the ones I tasted, they didn't have any to sell.
All around disappointed.
If you want to wine taste, go to Woodinvillle.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bellingham
“Whether it's a night out with the hubby or a girls night. I love Washington Sips!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

This is a very low key place, so if you're looking for something fancy, this might not be for you.

But, if you're looking for a laid back atmosphere, great Washington wine and knowledgeable service...This is it!

Thanks to Mike & Kathy and their crew for the wonderful service we always receive when visiting Washington Sips.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle WA
“Lovely, relaxed experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Mike and his wife are the proprieters of this quaint wine tasting spot. My mom and I visited on a day trip to La Conner.

We were able to sit outside on the back deck overlooking the swinomish river sipping many tastes that Mike so graciously brought for us. They serve very light appetizers, so do not expect a meal. It's more along the lines of dips, spreads and small skewers, although still delicious.

The back room ambience could use some decorating, there was no music playing at the time we were there. I would recommend taking advantage of the back deck if weather allows.

Sit down, relax and enjoy your wine. They do focuse on Washington Wines however, so nothing Old World here, if that is particularily important to you.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Victoria, BC
“Great Blues Singer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We decided to try this place after reading a review on Tripadvisor, and also getting a bit of a frosty reception at another wine bar in town. WS is very low key, not fancy, and the storefront needs some work to attract customers. But the owners were friendly and helpful. We were the first to arrive and sat in the back room overlooking the channel, where we enjoyed a nice sunset after a blustery and rainy day. The waiter was a nice young fellow, maybe not as polished as he could have been, but it seems to be a family run place. We had a flight of wines to try, and stuffed mushrooms and a cheese plate. All delicious. We chose a wine to purchase on our way out. The big treat was the entertainment - a fabulous blues singer called Mia Vermillion. we loved her voice and stayed longer than we planned to listen to her.

• Visited April 2013