“Nice rooms, poor service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Conner Channel Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in La Conner
La Conner Channel Lodge
You added La Conner Channel Lodge to your Saves list
205 N. First St, La Conner, WA 98257   |
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice rooms, poor service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2003

Nice city, great location, cute and comfortable rooms. Almost everything works well here except the evening front desk help. My wife: "has my husband checked in?" Clerk: "I don't know, I've checked a lot of people in today." When I did check in later I waited five minutes behind someone else before the clerk acknowledged my presence. Its the small and friendly things that make you feel welcome at nice small hotels, but unfortunately not here. Probably not by intent, just from lack of management and training. But then that's what you're paying for.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2003

Quiet, channel view of boat traffic, fireplaces to warm the evening, nice continental breakfast, close to everything in LaConner, piano to listen to, a reading room, and fresh chocolate chip cookies to nibble on while reading!! The only problem is the exchange on the money for us poor Canadians. We get no breaks whatsoever on the price here! In Seattle we can get money at par in some places. However, that said, we love this Channel Lodge and make it our place to stay while in LaConner. Comfortable beds...and a feeling of complete privacy! From North Vancouver, B.C.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2002

I hate booking hotels sight unseen...so, having made last minute reservations for a romantic getaway, it was with trepidation that I made the final turn onto ... and the Channel Lodge came into view.
I must say that my wife and I were both immediatly taken with the place...from its unpretentious Northwest architecture to its cozy setting on the Swinomish Channel. The room itself was a far cry from "just another motel room," as I had read in an online review somewhere. Very nicely appointed and warmed by a gas fireplace. We also had a nice little porch facing the water. And, while the view wasn't exactly a masterpiece, it is pretty hard to fault the scene for divulging its fishing and lumber town roots. A clear view of LaConner's famous Rainbow Bridge also added to the overall effect. Check this one out.

Been to La Conner Channel Lodge? Share your experiences!