“Relaxing Getaway Weekend” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bellevue, WA
“Relaxing Getaway Weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

My husband and I spent one night at the Heathman hotel in Kirkland WA to celebrate my husband's upcoming birthday. We had scheduled two massage treatments at Penterra Spa and made dinner reservations at Trellis restaurant for later that night. Upon checking in, we recognized the staff's friendly, professional service. We were informed about access to Penterra Spa and the adjoining workout facility for guests. Not only was our suite and amenities impressive, but we thoroughly enjoyed our massage treatments that afternoon.
The staff at Penterra Spa, were cordial, professional, and accommodating. It was obvious that both our massage therapists were well trained in Swedish massage. We took notice of the spa's general relaxing environment, professional and quality service, and amenities. My husband and I were also very impressed with the "sanctuary" and complimentary water and tea for guests.

As for Trellis restaurant, we were greeted in a friendly, pleasant manner and the food was delicious with very little wait time. Additionally, our waiter was very accommodating and took note that we were celebrating a birthday. He addressed us by name and answered any questions we had at the time.

Lastly, my husband and I took advantage of the free shuttle service for guests later that night. Upon requesting a shuttle, the front desk staff were very prompt in arranging our ride. Likewise, the ride to our destination went very smoothly and the driver was friendly and professional.

Ultimately, our stay at the Heathman was very pleasant. We would recommend it to anyone who desires a relaxing getaway in town.

Amanda Traut

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

This hotel was perfect. We spent the evening at the Oriental Spa, and then checked into this wonderful, relaxing place. We had an extra charge on our bill for someone else's meal, but they were quick to correct. Free valet parking as well.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

I loved this hotel. It was very, very clean and I am a germaphobic. The staff was professional, and always accomodating. It was an upscale boutique hotel without the pretentiousness. The restaurant/bar is very nice , a bit high priced but we only had cocktails and appetizers there. It is a few blocks from the lake and you can walk everywhere in downtown Kirkland. Lots of shops and restaurants. Great coffee and breakfast place across the street. Bicycles were available for using and they would drive you any where you wanted and pick you up or wait. If you rent a car you do have to valet park it for $13 day but it was nice to do that also. The hotel was also very quiet. I would go back again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

My wife and I traveled to Kirkland for her business trip and had the pleasure of staying at the Heathman Kirkland. We've done a bit of traveling and I can honestly say that this was the best hotel we've ever stayed in. We arrived a little bit early and our room wasn't ready so they upgraded us to a suite. The rooms are simple and beautifully appointed. The hotel is very tastefully decorated and very modern. You can even choose which type of mattress you want in your room. There is a very cozy lounge in the lobby with comfortable couches and a fireplace. There is also a touch screen computer and printer by the elevators for guests to use. The Trellis restaurant located in the hotel is awesome! They have a great wine selection and they had a good prix fixe menu too. There is a very nice gym located on the first floor next to the spa. All of the workout equipment is in great condition and its very clean, also there are complimentary bottles of water and towels. The hotel is located within short walking distance of shops, restaurants, and the lake. They also have great complimentary town car service that saved me one of the days I was out exploring and got stuck in the rain.

The standout at this hotel is absolutely the staff, they are head and shoulders above any hotel staff that I've come across. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiles and excellent, attentive service and that continued throughout our stay here. Whenever I went out to explore the town and surrounding areas I was given great advice and helpful directions. From housekeeping, to the front desk and the restaurant staff, the service at the Heathman Kirkland is first class. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone planning a trip to Kirkland for business or pleasure and I look forward to staying there on our next visit. All hotel staffs should model themselves after the Heathman Kirklands.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

I spent a week there, everithing was flawless, including th restaurant.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

I have stayed at the Heathman a number of times and always found their service to be excellent however on my last trip I became stranded there for an extra week due to the volcanic ask situation affecting european airspace.
Although I would rather have been traveling home like every other stranded person the staff at the hotel made my extended stay stress free.
I'd have to say that the complimentary hotel tranpost service is one of my favorite aspects to the hotel as it ensures I get to my meetings on time and saves my company additional T&E costs.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Bothell, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

"Where service is still an art" indeed. From the time I pulled up, they were there to assist me and my new bride with our luggage, check-in, and making the night the best it could ever be. All the staff we encountered were friendly, respectable, and were definitely knowledgeable.
The room was superb! We booked one of the packages that The Heathman offers and it was amazing! It was spacious, had a fireplace, and a walk out deck, which not all rooms have, but you'd just have to see the room to be completely amazed.
The location is very convenient, downtown Kirkland. The neighborhood is very safe, and everything is close by - the waterfront, a grocery store, plenty of boutiques, and hole in the wall places waiting to be discovered. They offer towncar service, which is superb, and they also have bicycles you can take out to ride around the town. The valet parking is great. they park the cars in a secured garage and they make it a stress-free way to park.
They had three beds to choose from and we picked the Pillow Top Mattress, and we slept so soundly. I have also slept on the Tempurpedic option in the past, which was also very good.
We also thoroughly enjoyed the full service spa within the hotel -Pentera Spa. From beginning to end I felt relaxed and pampered.
I don't believe there was anything we didn't enjoy.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Heathman Hotel? Share your experiences!