“Not as good as I was expecting” 3 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   220 Kirkland Avenue, Kirkland, WA 98033   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Kirkland
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hampshire
“Not as good as I was expecting”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

From previous reviews of this property, I was expecting something really special. The truth was that it's a pretty hotel with good rooms in a nice area, but that's about all.
The service everyone speaks so highly of was sadly lacking during my stay - the staff would not even say "hello" as they passed you in the hall, never mind know your name. As I passed the registration desk each morning I felt like I was intruding - there were always a group of staff hanging out there having a chat.
The floor in the Trellis restaurant was re-laid during my visit - we were forewarned to expect some disruption, but the smell of glue I awoke to was truly awful. As a result, upon check out when asked how my stay had been I responded "not so bad" - and the receptionist decided that this great opportunity to laugh at my English turn of phrase - which made me feel extremely uncomfortable and unwelcome.
Despite this being a preferred hotel for my company, I will stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

The Heathman Hotel in Kirkland, Washington proved to be a comfortable and refreshing place to land after a busy day. The hotel staff, from the general manager to the driver, were so polite and extremely helpful. Trellis, the restaurant and bar, incorporating local wines and local organic produce into the menu, was a genuine pleasure to try. My room was beautifully appointed, and the mattress on the bed was ...heavenly. The little "extras", which included having my bed turned down, with a lovely little dark chocolate on my pillow, put a big smile on my face each night. The Heathman Hotel will be the place I stay when in the Seattle area, and I am looking forward to the next check-in.

Sandra Hunton
sandrahunton@att.netTh

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

Lovely dinner with friends at Trellis Restaurant, the menu was packed with items from the Chefs own farm. Our dogs were allowed to stay in the room and they were treated like royal guests with treats and heated dog beds. Most impressive was how the staff greeted us by name everywhere we went. Dinner, overnight and spa in the morning....I would recommend to anyone staying in the Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond area...

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Silicon Valley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

Absolutely the best hotel I've ever stayed in but the staff is even better. I was absolutely blown away at the quality and consistency of the service.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Olympia, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

The Heathman Hotel In Kirkland, Washington is a lost gem. The location in Downtown Kirkland puts you right in the heart of this small, quaint, city, not far from the beautiful waterfrontand not far from downtown Seattle.
The rooms are spectacular from the basic room, the size of two hotel rooms, to a fabulous suite with a gas fireplace, the rooms are extremely clean and well kept.The inclusion of a french press coffee maker and great tea selections in the room are a nice touch. The only thing I would ask for is a make- mirror with better lighting. The ammenities include the possibility of using the hotel bikes for quick jaunts around town, to fresh apples in the lobby everyday. The Trellis restaurant is fabulous with the philosophy of "Farm to Table" dining the chef uses fresh produce from his own garden.
I would highly recommend this for business or pleasure. Also a fabulous location to the Woodinville Wine Country. Thanks Again for a wonderful weekend.

Bodo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2010

We have traveled the world and this hotel was fantastic. We especially like the idea that they are earth friendly, something other hotels should aspire to be.

Olympia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

We often spend a weekend night here even though we live only 50 miles away. It is convenient to Seattle, Trellis (their restaurant) is wonderful, and the service is personal but unobtrusive. The rooms are clean and modern. The fitness room has top-level equipment and is light and bright. Very reasonable pricing and well-situated to enjoy Kirkland. A very comfortable hotel with fine amenities.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Heathman Hotel? Share your experiences!