“Good hotel and facilities, quiet location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Kirkland
London, United Kingdom
“Good hotel and facilities, quiet location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The rooms were a really decent size and comfortable. The indoor pool and spa pool were small but well looked after, and the bar was friendly too. Only downside is that you are a fair distance away from everything!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear qprfact,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We’re glad that you have enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to see you again soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Drove down to do some shopping in Seattle, but the Courtyard in pioneer square was full. Stayed 20 minutes away in nearby Kirkland. Room was really nice, clean and quality furnishings.
The girl at the front desk (Crystal I think was her name, sorry I can't remember exactly!), was very helpful and gave a great recommendation for a restaurant.
Overall a really good experience and definitely wouldn't hesitate to recommend to any of my friends or family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Ian M.,

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback. Comments like yours are the best commendation to our team and are great motivators for all of us! I will most definitely pass on your praises to Crystal and the rest of the team! We have a great team and we are proud to be represented by such wonderful individuals! We are looking forward to see all of you again soon!

Amagasaki-shi, Hyogo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

It took us about 30 min travelling from Seatac airport to the hotel by a car. The access to 405 was very easy and there were food center within the walking distace just accrossing the road. Two level of parking, one in an open area and the other at the basement with the lift access. The hotel stuff were very friendly. I have booked two rooms, one for myself with family and the other for my friends. All of us liked this hotel very much.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. It’s great to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to experience our hospitality. It was a pleasure having you staying with us. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Cowiche, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Our stay was excellent , the room was very clean andthe staff was very nice and helpfull . Breakfest was very good and hot . The pool area was was well equipped with towels. I like the localtion because just acrosss the street there were resturants and stores we could walk to with out having to drive.

Room Tip: The cleaning people are doing a very good job :)
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sara C.,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your hotel experience. I’m glad that you have had such a pleasant time at the Courtyard by Marriott Kirkland. I appreciate the kind remarks about the hotel and our associates, especially our Housekeeping Team! They are indeed doing an outstanding job and I will definitely share your feedback with the team.

Our goal is to make you feel at home when you stay with us and it sounds like we have accomplished that. Again, thank you so much for your wonderful comments and we hope to see you again in the future!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager
Lodi, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Very friendly front desk staff. Room was quiet and our family fit well. We have three children; 9, 7, and 6....so we had the king with pull out sofa bed....which pulls out to a twin (and we were warned by the front desk clerk but opted for that as the other option was two queens...which wouldn't work well for us) but the couch cushion comes off in one piece and was perfect for the 6 year old. We just asked for extra sheets and blankets. Great location....fridge and microwave in room. Good thing....as we were visiting family who handled all the reservations and it had been a few years since they had done so and part of the reason for the choice was that they thought complimentary breakfast was included....and for a family of five that is a key consideration. Evidently that changed at some point...perhaps with the recent remodeling. Either way...supermarket across the street worked for our lengthy stay and we splurged on breakfast in the hotel on our last day. Ability to print out boarding passes in lobby was helpful. Pool area was indoors, which is nice....and was clean....also nice....but not well ventilated....I had a rough time sitting to supervise my children's swimming as the chlorine chemical smell was absolutely suffocating. It took hours for that headache to go away. I would try to sit in the open doorway to the patio area for fresh air, but the warm chlorine air would just be vacuumed out the open door and it was too cold to sit like that for long. Our room was quiet...free wifi was really a bonus. I was a little surprised by the lack of bath amenities....such as lotion, qtips, etc.....I know you can ask for these things, but as you don't know what you need until you need it I didn't want to call the desk every 5 minutes. Overall positive stay...although as I am not a morning person and NEED my coffee to get going, the in room coffee really should be Starbucks as it is in the lobby restaurant. While I refuse to pay $2.50 for a bottle of Fiji water, I would be more inclined to pay $2.00 for a fresh cup of Starbucks in my room...as I am likely to leave the hotel and do so anyway.....the in room coffee is yucky. Parking was convenient and check out was simple and friendly.

Room Tip: We opted for first floor near the pool....no noise above us and not facing the parking lot or street...
Green Features: I appreciate this, however found that even if I hung towels up they were taken anyway and I was only left 3.... And there were 5 of us. I was close to the pool so ended up taking extra from there.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful and detail review of our hotel. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I also would like to take this opportunity and clarify the comment pertaining to the Breakfast Options. All of the Courtyard by Marriott hotels offers Full Service Restaurants and they do not provide a Complimentary Breakfast (and they never had in the past). However, although complimentary breakfast is not provided with a regular rate, we do offer a Stay for Breakfast Package. This Package offers a great value if you travel with family and would like to eat breakfast in our restaurant.

We appreciate your business and we hoping to see you again when your travel will bring you back to Seattle!

Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This Courtyard is newer with a huge lobby and my room was as nice or nicer than the JW Marriott resort i recently stayed in. The staff was very friendly too. in a nice area, close to everything! Want to return for fun next time. I say stay here, you wont be disappointed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Maxim K, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Kirkland, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

WOW! Thank you so much for your amazing compliments. You made our day! We pride ourselves on being a step ahead of our competitors and we love to hear from our guests when we exceed their expectations. Thank you so much for your business and we are looking forward to welcome you here again soon!

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We arrived to the hotel late after a long 5 day cross-country road trip and were looking to check in. We asked if someone could show us the room prior to checking in, but we were refused in it. The front desk staff we were dealing with was named Kylie and she was extremely rude. I asked why can't I see the room prior to paying and she said, with a lot of attitude, that she never does that. I was very surprised to hear that because it's never usually a problem in any other hotels we stayed at previously. When I said that, she started to aggressively argue with me which was not only very rude and unprofessional, but also, taking into account our long drive and the late time of the day, very tiring. Apart from debating with us, the hotel guests, she was also very rude and bossy with the other front desk employees. This whole lengthy and tiring communication at the front desk during the check in left a *very* unpleasant impression to our whole stay at your hotel.
The room itself was very small but nice, and the hotel generally was pleasant and well located. However our whole experience was very negatively affected by the front desk staff behaviour, and because I believe the hotel of this level should not permit such misconduct of their employees - giving only one star. I definitely wish we wouldn't have chosen this hotel, but at that time we were already too tired to move to another place.

Room Tip: Some rooms are really far from the elevators and you might need to use stairs only, enquire before c...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I wanted to let you know how sorry I am that your visit was not as you had envisioned. As you can see by the overwhelming number of positive surveys prior to yours, we are not accustom to receiving such a feedback about our associates. I apologize if one of our associates has acted unprofessionally and have not provided an outstanding service we are known for. And although this particular associate in no longer working with our company, I have shared your feedback with the rest of the team and used this incident as our training opportunity. We pride ourselves on treating our guests to the highest level of comfort and care and are extremely disappointed when we do not meet this goal.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Warm regards, Maxim Khokhlov, General Manager.

Been to Courtyard Seattle Kirkland? Share your experiences!