“Relaxing evening out, very good foot” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Grand Bistro Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 235 Restaurants in Kirkland
Cuisines: French
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lake Washington Blvd
Seattle
“Relaxing evening out, very good foot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I first went to Le Grand just after they had opened, then decided to give them some time to settle in before going back. Then I forgot about them. Recently, we've had the chance to go there three times in three weeks, and wow, are they a great spot now. The food and specials are quite good, I've stuck with either mussels or steaks and have been very happy each time. Their steaks are excellent! On the other hand, they had a special for scallops - my mother was served three, with lots of other stuff. But only three. She was quite disappointed in quantity, but not quality. So ask before you order. And their salads are excellent, as are the desserts. I found the prices to be what I'd anticipate, at a waterfront restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Mukilteo, Washington
“Just Barely Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was not impressed with Le Grand Bistro. I think it is a bit overpriced and though the food was good and with a variety of specials, it was not exceptional which i was expecting for the price. Also, the wait staff was disappointing. It started with a disgusted look after requesting seperate checks, a party of 8 with 4 seperate checks, not an unusual request especially in this day and age. Also, the waiter just reading the "specials" chalk board and not knowing details of each special. I can read the board, what I like is a nice pleasantly presented description of each. Then the meal. One of our party started with a cold bowl of the soup of the day, it wasn't suppose to be cold and then they forgot to place one of our orders. Also, three of us had to request knives and forks for our main course. All of this might be slightly understandable if they were busy, but it was a Tuesday night and it was not busy. Then the final displeasure, an automatic 20% gratuity added to the check. I usually tip 20% for good service and understand that most places add the gratuity to the check for parties of 6 or more, but for the service we received, this was a great displeasure. I think the guaranty of 20% gratuity reflected in the service we received. In all, I would not recommend this restaurant to friends and will not revisit.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Seattle
“Well located & nice view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

The food was good, but not great, and it was quite expensive for the portion size. The Bistro is nicely located on a marina close to the Woodmark Hotel, with good service and pretty views.

Visited September 2012
Bellevue, WA
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Le Grand is an outstanding restaurant by all standards. We just had the 3 for $30 choice and
vowed to return. Frites are the best I've ever had. Mussels, beaf bourguignon, creme brulee all
terrific. Salads fresh, tasty, and unique....

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bellevue, Washington
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

We are staying at the Woodmark, so this restaurant is one of our close choices. I have had lunch there twice. Very impressive, and I am glad I found it! Very friendly staff, European atmosphere, three areas of outdoor seating, and great food. If you want a Continental experience, this is the place. Both times Rachel was my server. She is personable, attentive, and very helpful in making a good choice for lunch. I understand they have a great happy hour, so I will try that soon.

Visited September 2012