“My fast trip again to Kirkland = this hotel = good choice” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10530 Northeast Northup Way, Kirkland, WA 98033   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kirkland
Paris
“My fast trip again to Kirkland = this hotel = good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I visit Kirkland again and I book this hotel. Price is very good and also service. Nothing special but when u need fast and short time staying u will enjoy it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
League City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

We were cruising out of Seattle, so we flew in a day early. This hotel has great prices, but even better, their staff is truly warm, friendly and acommodating. Every staff member I encountered was helpful and gave the impression that they truly wanted to do whatever was necessary to make our stay enjoyable.

While the hotel itself shows a few signs of wear and tear, overall the value for the price is exceptional.

Would definitely reccomend this location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Fairbanks, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at the La Quinta in Kirkland as I was attending a wedding and it was far cheaper than any of the other spots in Kirkland. The hotel was clean and conveniently located. I am not too picky, so it met my needs for the price.
I was however disappointed by the fact that my room was right next to the highway, you would think for a person staying three nights that they could have put me in a room closer to the back of the building. Also, they allow pets to stay for free. This means there are a lot of dogs barking all night long. Every little noise set off the dogs in the room next to me and they were barking all night long.
There were not enough blankets for the temperature of the room. There was a sheet and two very thin blankets on the bed. I was cold and it had been in the 60's during the day. Can't imagine what it would be like in winter.
They say they serve breakfast until 10:00 a.m., but I was pretty busy with activities and didn't really have time to check it out until the last morning I was there. I just wanted to grab a quick glass of juice before checking out. Unfortunately at 9:45 everything was all cleaned up and there was no evidence that there had even been a breakfast served except for all the dirty tables and leftovers sitting on them from other guests.
If you are on a tight budget and need a clean, safe place to stay I would recommend this location. Next time I am in Seattle I will pay a bit more for somewhere else.

Room Tip: Asked for a room on the back side of the building away from the highway.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Henderson, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2012

I had a one night trip to Kirkland and the La Quinta was the closest hotel to the job location. I arrived fairly late - about 10:30pm, so everything was pretty quiet. The staff was very friendly.

Until recently, I've always had bad experiences with La Quinta. They have always seem run down and badly run. This one does not fit that description. It obviously is no Four Seasons or even a Marriott, but it was a decent night at a decent price ($88 after taxes).

I did not experience any of the problems I've read in other reviews - there was no noise from next door (and the parking lot was full) and I never heard anything from the highway. I'm honestly not sure how the highway could be a problem - the hotel is set back a ways and is surrounded by trees - more than enough to hide any road noise.

I had no problem with hot water in the shower, though I will say the temperature variation is extremely touchy. The bathroom actually looked like it had been updated recently. The shower head is a little low (I'm not tall - only 5'9") and the pressure could have been a little better.

The room includes a refrigerator, though I honestly don't recall a microwave in mine. The television is a flat panel with plenty of channels. I couldn't tell you how the A/C or heater work - I didn't need either one.

The bed itself wasn't bad - but like most hotels these days, a little softer than I prefer.

Be sure to check out the Burger Master next door. I walked over and ordered a hamburger and strawberry shake. They put real strawberries in the shakes. Decent meal. It's an old style place where you can eat in your car - a couple of car hops were working (though no roller skates). They do NOT have a dining room.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Bellevue / Kirkland? Share your experiences!