“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Woodstock, Vermont
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I just wanted to thank all the staff at The Woodmark Hotel and Spa in Kirkland. The really went over and beyond the general call to duty from the very get go when they upgraded me from a regular king room to a gorgeous lake front suite. It just kept getting better. They genuinely made me feel welcome and very much catered to, but were never in my face.

Perfect service, lovely location and a gorgeous room... what more can one ask for in a hotel? Thank you!
Skye Reno

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
wmmanager, General Manager at Woodmark Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed one of our lake front suites during your recent stay with us. We are planning a new design for all of our rooms this year as we continue to keep the hotel fresh and vibrant.

We look forward to seeing you soon so you can experience the new look.

John

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Brussels
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This was the first time I have stayed at this hotel but I sincerely hope it is not the last! From the moment I walked into the reception and was greeted with a glass of champagne (and 'Woody' the labrador) I could tell this was going to be an enjoyable stay. The staff are so nice, very professionally trained and consistently pleasant. They go to great lengths to remember the names of their guests and always try to make everyone seem special.
The rooms are superbly comfortable, quiet, a good size and very well equipped. There is even a choice of pillows and it was nice to find good and fast wifi. But it was all the little touches that made the real difference - complimentary bottles of water offered to take with you when you go out for a walk or shopping; their own mini-bus to take you short distances instead of having to wait for a taxi; and fresh fruit and coffee in the lobby.
The room service breakfast was excellent (same price as going to the restaurant but with just a delivery sharge added) and was always delivered on time and nicely served.
My only regret is that I did not pay just a few dollars more for a lakeside view. Shame, I will just have to go back again!

Room Tip: There is nothing wrong with the standard rooms - I stayed in room 433 and it was very quiet and very...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thanks for sharing your recent stay with the readers of Trip Advisor. I'm so happy you had the chance to meet our new Labrador Mascot, Woody Mae. She joined the property this fall and has been busy greeting our guests in the lobby over the holidays.

I'm glad that you also had a chance to enjoy our pillow talk program. We send dozens of pillows to our guests every night.

Thanks again for choosing the Woodmark and we look forward to seeing you the next time you travel to the US.

Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We recently booked a room at the Woodmark in Kirkland. We booked a room for My husband and I and two girls, 12 and 7, for a last minute New Years Eve get away for the family as well as our dog, Burt. From the moment we arrived at the valet our service was beyond excellent. At check in we asked for a room with a lake view so that we could enjoy fireworks from the room (with our kids and the dog). All the lakefront rooms were booked, however, Alex, who was checking us in gave us information on where to view the fireworks on the lake. About 30 minutes after check in we received a call from Alex letting us know that a lakefront view room became available and she offered us the room. Amazing room with an amazing view! We enjoyed a lovely room with a lakefront view and of the marina and enjoyed the fireworks all in the comfort of our room. Upon check out we were very fortunate to see Alex again. She immediately asked how our room was and called the valet for our car. From the beginning to the end of our stay the service was the best we have ever experienced! The hotel is first class! Every employee that we encountered was fantastic. Alex helped make our last minute New Years Eve plans the best. In addition, they really are a very pet friendly hotel!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

It was great to hear that you decided to spend New Year’s Eve at the Woodmark. And I was so happy to hear that your children and your family pet, Burt, had a good time as well. Alex mentioned your family when we discussed her New Year’s Eve shift and she was so thrilled that you took the time to mention her in your comments. We are very lucky to have staff members like her on the team. She really loves guest service.

We look forward to seeing you the next time you're looking for a getaway.

Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband & I first stayed here shortly after the Hotel was opened. We lived in Woodinville at the time & we were amazed with our stay back then and have made many trips back since our first stay. We were in town for December with our Son & his Girlfriend to see a show at the Paramount. We stayed 3 nights and loved being greeted with the Gingerbread Houses in the Lobby. The Staff are all very friendly, offering fresh Bottled Water upon arrival and Fresh Apples in the Lobby. The rooms are wonderful with comfortable beds & down comforters & pillows. In the afternoon there is Coffee, Tea, & Hot Cider available in the Lobby. Such a nice touch. We also enjoyed sitting downstairs having Cocktails next to the Fireplace. There is also a Starbucks in the Complex with the Hotel which is great for early morning drinks and snacks for on the go. The Woodmark is conveniently located next to the 520 Floating Bridge heading into downtown Seattle. Such a wonderful Hotel!! Go there!! Rain or Shine

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent Woodmark experience. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday occasion with your family, enjoying a show at the Paramount and our gingerbread display in the lobby.

We look forward to seeing you soon. Cirque du Soleil has a show in Redmond through March if you are interested. Let us know and we'll provide you the details.

Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

What a great place, snuggled in a quiet area of Kirkland right on the water. We were upgraded to a corner suite room due to some other circumstances and we could not have been happier. Clean, comfortable, very friendly staff. We would stay there again, and again!

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor, corner suite, opposite the water view.
Dear Guest,

We're so glad you decided to stay with us when you visited from Texas. The corner suite that you enjoyed is one of my favorite rooms because of the views on the lake.

We'd love it if you stayed with us the next time you visit the area. Give us a call and we'll let you know about all the new restaurants that have opened in the area in the last few months.

Westlake Village, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My wife and I are well travelled, however we look forward to our stays at the Woodmark more than any other. The value for the price is always outstanding because of the quality of the rooms, fantastic staff, and ambience of the Hotel. We could not recommend a hotel more. Everytime we stay there we become more impressed.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We first stayed here in 2011 when my firm had their holiday party at the hotel. Immediately fell in love with the place and returned Christmas 2011. Had an even BETTER experience, and decided then we would spend our Christmases at the Woodmark going forward, which we just did.

Everything about the place just says "nice" - from the glasses of champagne at check in to how friendly and helpful the staff is, to how nicely appointed to rooms are. Just everything makes you feel "positive" about the place. Even the restaurant on site "Bin On The Lake" is one of the best in the area. And the midnight "Raid The Pantry" is just the nicest kewlest extra touch (as was being greeted by "Woody" during our first two visits...but alas, "Woody" has been taken in by a local family so he could receive more attention and care in his last days)

It can be a bit pricey to stay here (on all three occasions we took advantage of special promotions) so I gave a rating of only "good" on value based on what the advertised rates typically are. I wouldn't say that the rates are out of line, just perhaps at the high end of acceptable. That said, they do seem to always have a promotion of some sort in the offing.

The property itself is aging just a tiny, tiny bit, hence why I cannot give it a 5 "star" rating. However, this only reflects my preference for nice, new, shiny properties. Others might have NO problem with the property, and if 4.5 "stars" were an option, that is probably what I would have gone with.

I really cannot overstate how much my GF and I love this place, and how highly I can recommend it. After this stay we resolved to not wait until next Christmas for another visit and instead be sure to have a "staycation" here once the weather turns warmer and we can enjoy the marina and other outdoor amenities.

Tip - Get the valet parking...it is only $3 more than self park....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Woodmark Hotel? Share your experiences!