“This time a much better experience” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 8 hotels in Kirkland
Eugene, Oregon
“This time a much better experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

When you stay at a place numerous times over the years, it's interesting how your impressions can change. One bad experience doesn't mean the next one won't be great. That's why it's a good idea to take all reviews with a grain or two of salt, especially if the review is a one-off experience.
On a previous review, I criticized the front desk staff for their lack of attentiveness and downer personalities. On this visit, I found the staff consistently upbeat, helpful and friendly. What had changed? Did negative feedback have a result...or did I simply hit them at a bad time on the last visit? They did notice the TripAdvisor baggage tag on my luggage, but had already been really nice before that.
A couple of interesting changes had taken place. No longer were there slots for swiping keys on the room doors. Now, all you had to do was wave the key card in front of the sensor. Another change was the motion sensor on the light switch as you entered. The front desk staffer brought a piece of tape to put over the sensor so the light wouldn't come on in the middle of the night as someone made his or her way to the bathroom (thus waking others in the room). Unfortunately, this also made the light go out after a while automatically, even if someone was using the sink area. Also, after a day or so of tinkering with the tape, the sensor still was alert to movement in the night, causing the light to go on. This became a subject of humor more than a bother, however.
Another enigma quickly resolved was due to the shower knob having to be turned to the right, not the left, to gain hot water. We were assured this was not the case generally throughout the hotel.
All in all, this was a most pleasant visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Mr. OregonPoppa,

We're so happy to have had you as a recent guest, and we thank you for lending us your time and review. It was such a delight hearing that your most recent stay with us was marked with positive experiences and that this time around, we were actually able to show you the level of hospitality for which strive for everyday, with every guest. We are exceedingly proud of our ongoing growth and are especially glad that the advancements we made to our hotel were agreeable to you. There will be even more changes in the near future and we hope to have another opportunity to present to you these upgrades. Once again we thank you for your stay and for the courtesy of your feedback that I will definitely share with my staff. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our team with any of your future booking needs; it would be an absolute pleasure to welcome you back!

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Since our home was being remodeled, due to water damage and last minute, we needed a room, since our master bedroom was being painted and the other bedrooms were full of furniture, clothing, etc., we called Comfort Inn for a suite. Comfort Inn welcomed us and made us feel right at home. The room was clean, wonderful bedding, etc. We always have our "out of town guests" stay at the Inn and they have always been equally pleasaed! Thanks to a great staff and warm atmosphere...we were very pleased.

Room Tip: WE always stay in a king suite, so do not know about any other rooms.
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us an opportunity to serve you and your family.
We sincerely appreciate your business and we will look forward to
serving you again in the near future.

Thank you once again.

Thomas S
Midland, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I came here with my hubby for one night. Staff was very friendly and welcomed us. I felt great with holiday spirit to see Christmas decorations in the lobby. The room was clean and the heater worked really well! I have allergies so I tend to sneeze a lot at other hotels; however, at this hotel I was fine. They have been cleaning their heaters well. I was able to sleep well at night. In every aspect of this hotel, it made an impression like it was quiet and clean place to stay. It was a comfortable travel. I would highly recommend this place to my older sibling.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Many thanks for being a guest of our Comfort Inn and for taking the time to share such enthusiastic words of your visit. We are hugely proud of both our property and the attentive services of our team, and we're thrilled to hear that each of these exceeded the mark. We'll most certainly pass your praises along to the team, and we hope that you'll reach out to us sometime in the near future and allow us to share even more of our hospitality and services with you. Once again, we want to thank you for your time and review, we wish you and your family all the best in the years to come!

Midland, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I took a solo travel to Seattle area to take a look at the underground City. Like other times, I stayed here again.

The service was great. They have the best staff available and very well accommodating to my needs.
At night, the room was very quiet.
Bed was comfortable.
Breakfast was great.
I will return the next time I'm in the area.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Simon S.,

We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we want to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. It is always encouraging and keeps us very positive whenever we receive guest feedback such as yours and I hope we could make your future stays, more pleasant then the last one. Whenever you're in town, please feel free to reach out to our team. Many thanks again for being a loyal guest of our Comfort Inn and have a happy and healthy holiday's.

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I often stay at this hotel and it's always good to return back to Kirkland Comfort Inn. The staffs are always professional and smiling, they never fall short of my expectation. Whenever I request or needed something they have it ready either at the front desk or in the room. They know my grandmother loves their cookies, and they always save some for her. I can see that they do sincerely care for individuals. I do recommend this place to my friends, family and colleagues.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We're always so glad to hear from regular guests like yourself, and we want to thank you for your loyalty and kind words, Joey. It's an absolute pleasure to lend accessibility and unmatched hospitality to each of our guests, and we're glad to hear that these elements of our hotel, left such favorable impressions on you. We look forward to seeing much more of you in your travels to come, and we encourage you to reach out to our team the next time you need a comfortable and relaxing place to lay your hat down. Thanks again and we wish you all the best in the new year ahead!

Kind regards,
Lynnwood, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Room was very well kept and the staff seemed eager to accommodate my needs. Breakfast in the morning was a pleasant experience, and checking in and out was a breeze. I would definitely recommend staying at the comfort inn to my friends and family.

• Stayed November 2013
Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Dear MadeFresh1,

Thank you for being a guest of our Comfort Inn and taking the time to lend such thoughtful feedback of your visit. It's an absolute pleasure to be able to accommodate our guests with a comfortable and inviting experience, and we're so happy to hear that our staff and the services we offer left such a memorable impression on your stay. Next time you're in the region, we encourage you to reach out to our team with your future travel needs. Whether you're traveling solo, as a pair, or group, there is a lot to enjoy here in Kirkland for every occasion or whim, and we hope to be able to share many more of our offerings with you in visits to come. Thanks again for your kind review!

Orofino, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is a great place for a quick business trip they have everything i needed good food, excellent customer service and i got some great sleep. I will continue to come back to this hotel for my business travels.

Room Tip: if you book a room reserved a king size bed it gives you a little bit more room and its only a coupl...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Comfort160, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Kirkland, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Raymond C.,

We're always so happy to hear of guest experiences like yours--experiences that showcase the unparalleled hospitality we strive to offer each and every one of our guests. It was a pleasure to be able to share our amenities and services with you and we're so glad to have made your stay a memorable one. Whether for work or leisure, there's much to experience and enjoy in Kirkland, and we were thrilled that you had the chance to take advantage of what it had to offer. We'd love to welcome you back and have the opportunity to share many much more of our hospitality and offerings with you soon. Thanks again for your time and review!

Jeannette Chung

Been to Comfort Inn Kirkland? Share your experiences!