“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kirkland
california
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

Enjoyed stay. Clean rooms, friendly staff and great value. We will definitely stay again when comeback to area.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
The Woodlands, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2009

It was a normal Baymont Inn, but we checked in after dark, so was not aware of construction of a multi-level office building going up next to the parking lot, otherwise, we might have preferred the freeway side. Would have at least been quieter after 7 a.m. Going out to Kirkland instead of staying in Seattle saved us at least $100. It was easy drivng back into Seattle with the HOV lane. Traffic is terrible otherwise and I live in Houston.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Alberta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2009

It isn't that this motel wasn't decent. The rooms were ordinary and of average size. We stayed in a pet friendly room as we are traveling with a small, low-allergenic breed of dog. When we first entered the room there was an overly fresh scent, but after being in the room for a short time, the scent of dogs was quite overwhelming. Also, the dander in the environment overwhelmed me so much (watery eyes, stuffy nose, itchy skin, and woke up with a swollen face) that I had to take antihistamines. At first glance the room appeared clean but the corners and edges of the carpet were filthy. I don't think anyone has used a crevice tool with the vacuum for a very long time, if ever. Upon entering the bathroom there was a strong smell of urine. Upon inspection, there were uric acid crystals built up in the cracks in the tile (human or pet?) but not on the tiles themselves...meaning the floor hasn't been scrubbed for some time. (Scrubbed between the tiles with the Lysol wipes I carry around with me and smell was gone). The hotel was a little difficult to find (behind the Shari's restaurant) as the sign wasn't overly visible. The entrances were outside, and there was a lengthy walk if you wanted to borrow a luggage cart from the lobby.

Pros: It has a pool, though we didn't use it. The beds were comfortable and the linens newish and comfortable. Furnishings were basic but in good repair. There was a "deluxe" continental breakfast...I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary or deluxe about it. Muffins, Cereal, Yoghurt, and "waffles' of the toaster variey were served, but it was free, so appreciated. The room contained a basci microwave and small fridge. We apprecaited the fridge as we had picnicing items with us. There was a great supply of hot water and plenty of towels. Also there was a separate sink/vanity outside of the bathroom so that you didn't need to go into a hot steamy bathroom to do your makeup and there was opportunity for more than one person to get ready at a time.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Missoula, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2009

The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy, and the staff was really nice. The continental breakfast was very yummy and the location was great and easy to find (right off the freeway, with none of the freeway noise). However the outdoor pool is seasonal for obvious reasons and the walls are thin. I was kept up most of the night by a bunch off young kids on the third floor and by some adults down the hall. I did call the front desk and the took care of it but we were very close to the front desk so I am sure they could hear it, it would have been nice if they would have taken care of it on their own. Also when the kids left at 6am the next morning you would have thought the window was open but it wasn't. We also stayed on a Saturday so there was no construction going on, but it was right across the parking lot so I am sure with the thin walls it would be disruptive during week days.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Portland, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2009

I have only 3 requirements for a hotel. 1: Clean (Don’t want to catch no diseases) 2: Free Wi-Fi (Seriously, I don’t care if I’m getting reimbursed by the company, it should still be free!) 3: Free Breakfast (I love me some free breakfast).

Good news. This place met all 3 requirements. In addition to being clean, the rooms were surprisingly large. Also, they have an office chair and that’s pretty nice when you have to work in your room. It’s pretty close to a freeway but I didn’t notice any road noise. Lots of decent places to eat near by.

That’s about it.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
N. California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

We stay at the Baymont Inn twice a year for two weeks at a time. It's very comfortable, clean and the staff is accommodating. The location is convenient to the freeway/Bellevue/Seattle. We've never had a problem, with checking in or out whether on line or on the phone. Kirkland is a very nice place to visit with many wonderful restaurants, shopping and waterfront. I wouldn't hesitate-the staff is very helpful.

• Liked — Very clean, and friendly staff.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lexington, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

I booked my room through hotels.com and when I showed up the hotel told me my reservation was not in the system and had me pay for another room. When I got back from my trip I found that the reservation from hotels.com had charged me and when I called to try to get it figured out the Baymont Inn admitted that the reservation did exist and that they had just missed it when they checked the system, but would NOT refund me any money through hotels.com or them directly. In essence they made me pay twice for one room and refused to reimburse me for their mistake. Don't Do it!!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Kirkland? Share your experiences!