“Horrible stay.... So gross and smelly.” 2 of 5 stars

Days Inn Kent 84th Ave
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   22420 84th Avenue South, Kent, WA 98032   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Kent
Richmond, Canada
“Horrible stay.... So gross and smelly.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011 via mobile

The rooms in this hotel smell awful, so bad I want to puke- no, I'm joking. The lobby might look grand but don't let it fool you,the rooms are tiny with worn out furniture. The wallpaper is peeling off and the Celing is dripping with water. Trust me you don't want to be this hotel-I'm in this hotel right now,typing this review and I can wait to leave.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Was planning on staying in Seattle overnight with family, but almost every hotel in Seattle was full, so we searched the suburbs for a hotel - Days Inn was one of the few we found with vacancy, so we gave it a shot since we were desperate. It's not beautiful, but we didn't pay a whole lot. The rooms were clean, sleep was nice and there was breakfast. The place smelled "like old people" a bit, but aside from that, solid. One of the waffle machines does not work properly (the one on the left), so avoid it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Richmond BC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and were very dissatisfied with the hotel, we found the staff very rude and the hotel seemed dirty and smelled.

I think there are new managers and the difference between our earlier stays and the latest stay is like night and day. We remember it as being a nice place with very pleasant staff, and this new group which seems to be a family was very disappointing.

There are several hotels in the area and we would recommend just about any of them other than the Days Inn.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
daysinnkent84ave, General Manager at Days Inn Kent 84th Ave, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
We at Days Inn want to thank you for taking your time to provide us feedback on your stay with us.We would also like to take a moment to address the concerns you have listed above.We make our best efforts to make our guest comfortable and keep property clean.As our property is not pet friendly,as it used to be in past .After done with remodeling of rooms we don't allow pets .I really apolozise for the inconvenience you had while your stay for not allowing the pet in room.Our team at Days Inn follows all the rules to make the stay of our guests more comfortable and enjoyable.
Stayton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

I came here with my boyfriend in May and again with my children the following month.The beds were very comfortable. Staff was helpful and efficient. Easy access to the freeway. Close by shopping and restaurants .Breakfast was wonderful! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
ORLAND PARK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Spent one night here before leaving Seattle. It seems out of the way but is relatively close to the airport (within 15 minutes). The room was clean and modest which is to be expected with Days Inns. No problems with check in or check out.

All in all, it was worth the price paid, no problems and would visit again. This is for budget minded travelers that are looking for a decent, clean and safe place to stay. It is not now budget but its not luxury either.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

It's located off of a busy interstate and road, but I liked the convenience of it. It was only a 10-15 minute drive to the airport the next morning. It's also located near a Budget rental location if you needed to rent/return a car. I couldn't hear any traffic from my room. The lobby is nicely decorated and the front desk receptionist was friendly and efficient. The room was more than adequate. Nothing fancy, but it was clean and the bed was really comfortable. We had forgotten toothpaste and we called the front desk and they had a travel size one we could have. The free breakfast in the morning was great. There was a lot to choose from; they even have a waffle maker! If you didn't get a chance to have dinner anywhere, they have brochures in the room with a local restaurant that delivers (pizza and Italian-type food). That's a nice reference in case you didn't want to drive anywhere.

Overall, it was a great value and the place was clean with friendly staff. What more do you need for a night or two?

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
federal way
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

I booked non smoking king bed for five days. Once I entered my my room, smell was so bad so I requested other room but they told me that I can change the room only in the morning. This is very ridiculous. Also, there was no refirgerator in the room so I called front desk for the refrigerator but never got the refrigerator until check out. Housekeeping didn't clean my room for 2 days. And I c/o a little late and they charged my credit card for late check out. I always stay at days inn but this one is horrible. I never had a experience like this before. I am not going to stay this days inn again EVER!!!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Kent 84th Ave? Share your experiences!