“R E S P E C T” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Kent
Homagama, null, Sri Lanka
“R E S P E C T”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Finding personal, attentive, knowledge "5 Star Quality" staff at a studio suite like this was one of my more pleasurable surprises on my constant Vagabond trips. Particular "shout out" to Yolanda! She made my visit as comfortable as another bed along the road can be. This place respects your privacy, and is as peaceful a night's sleep as one can get, especially along an airport row.

I'm headin back after my brief sight seein sidetrip. Thanks all, and especially you, Yolanda, for making me feel at home.

Vagabond Ted

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Ted - Thank you for your glowing review of our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable surroundings; it sounds like were able to do just that for you. Everyone will be so happy to hear your kind remarks and I will be sure to share your thoughts with Yolanda.

We look forward to having you stay with us again. Best of luck on your future "vagabond" trips.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The rooms are clean and the hotel overall gives an appearance of being clean. However, once you check-in and get to your room you can see that everything is of poor to low quality. In their defense you get what you pay for and what is there is fairly clean. It's a warm, dry place if you need to stay and it fulfills that role fairly well for a good price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Seattle - Kent - Des Moines. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

As this hotel’s manager, We understand that you have many lodging options, so we strive to set ourselves apart from the competition by offering clean, comfortable suites at an affordable price. We know that a comfortable room is our guest's most valued amenity. Although our company regularly invests in room upgrades, including pillow top mattresses, and updated TV's, to respond to customer preferences, we need to keep getting feedback like yours in order to steer us in the right direction. I assure you that my hotel and all Extended Stay Hotels will continue to invest in our guest's comfort.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
Spokane WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was totally shocked when I entered my room the first time. The room was much smaller than expected, the bedspread was shabby and there was a strange odor in the room that would have made me ill if I had stayed in the room. I called the front desk after a few minutes and got a room change.

The 2nd room still had the shabby bedspread, but there wasn't a foul odor, so instead of looking for another hotel as I was thinking about doing, I looked around. The room was clean, the kitchen area and bathroom was spotless. There wasn't a bathtub but in the photos, so you are made aware of this although for some strange reason I was expecting one. Great housekeeping. So, my next thought was get over it. However, the bed was just a little softer than the floor and I like a firm mattress.

When I thought about the price. I wanted economy and this is what I got. Having a clean room and feeling as though I was in a safe area causes me to rate the room higher than my first reactions would have been. Finally I asked myself if I would stay there again and the answer was yes, if I couldn't book at a place closer to the show I went to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Hands down the worst place I have ever stayed! Slept in my clothes because I was too afraid to touch the sheets! Stay away!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed at the Crossland in Seattle in the end of April. The room was clean and spacious and there was no sight of bedbugs. The hotel itself was alright, but on the day room service was supposed to come they never came to clean. The neighborhood seemed decent and it was very close to the airport, but if you are going to Seattle mainly for the city you may want to find a closer hotel because it took around an hour to reach the downtown.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

My wireless internet connection did NOT work, and the fee $4.99 plus tax was a waste of money. The lodging should NOT be selling or promoting this internet service OR fix the problem.
My room had toilet dripping with annoying sound.
The refrigerator has temperature control knob missing, and consequently, all my food including eggs and orange juice and carrots I bought was icy frozen.
The room was dirty. The location at Pacific Hwy along with many cheap motel is NOT safe or desirable. Be alert and vigilant at night.
Fred Meyer grocery store is a convenience. The price is right, and it is about $285 including tax for a week of stay. Still, there are a lot of room for improvements.

Room Tip: Get a room on third or top floor with limited view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
fairfax station, virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I started to cry when I pulled into this place, I knew I had to be there for a month for work. It is basically subsized housing and doesnt feel safe at all. The room itself was OK, I asked for an ironing board as it is listed on the website and I have to "check it out for no more than two hours". Certainly no frills, bordering on what I would envision jail to be like...Internet keeps going off, I called and asked about it and I got the roteL "no one else has ever complained". I actually need the internet!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines? Share your experiences!