You added Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines
Ranked #13 of 13 Hotels in Kent
Spokane WA
“Adjustments”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I was totally shocked when I entered my room the first time. The room was much smaller than expected, the bedspread was shabby and there was a strange odor in the room that would have made me ill if I had stayed in the room. I called the front desk after a few minutes and got a room change.

The 2nd room still had the shabby bedspread, but there wasn't a foul odor, so instead of looking for another hotel as I was thinking about doing, I looked around. The room was clean, the kitchen area and bathroom was spotless. There wasn't a bathtub but in the photos, so you are made aware of this although for some strange reason I was expecting one. Great housekeeping. So, my next thought was get over it. However, the bed was just a little softer than the floor and I like a firm mattress.

When I thought about the price. I wanted economy and this is what I got. Having a clean room and feeling as though I was in a safe area causes me to rate the room higher than my first reactions would have been. Finally I asked myself if I would stay there again and the answer was yes, if I couldn't book at a place closer to the show I went to.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Seattle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Hands down the worst place I have ever stayed! Slept in my clothes because I was too afraid to touch the sheets! Stay away!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed at the Crossland in Seattle in the end of April. The room was clean and spacious and there was no sight of bedbugs. The hotel itself was alright, but on the day room service was supposed to come they never came to clean. The neighborhood seemed decent and it was very close to the airport, but if you are going to Seattle mainly for the city you may want to find a closer hotel because it took around an hour to reach the downtown.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2011

My wireless internet connection did NOT work, and the fee $4.99 plus tax was a waste of money. The lodging should NOT be selling or promoting this internet service OR fix the problem.
My room had toilet dripping with annoying sound.
The refrigerator has temperature control knob missing, and consequently, all my food including eggs and orange juice and carrots I bought was icy frozen.
The room was dirty. The location at Pacific Hwy along with many cheap motel is NOT safe or desirable. Be alert and vigilant at night.
Fred Meyer grocery store is a convenience. The price is right, and it is about $285 including tax for a week of stay. Still, there are a lot of room for improvements.

Room Tip: Get a room on third or top floor with limited view
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
fairfax station, virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I started to cry when I pulled into this place, I knew I had to be there for a month for work. It is basically subsized housing and doesnt feel safe at all. The room itself was OK, I asked for an ironing board as it is listed on the website and I have to "check it out for no more than two hours". Certainly no frills, bordering on what I would envision jail to be like...Internet keeps going off, I called and asked about it and I got the roteL "no one else has ever complained". I actually need the internet!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

Older building, but nicely maintained. They are upgrading. Very clean rooms, great staff, comfy beds, WiFi internet, laundry facility. Stayed at this location a week while vacationing in Seattle area. The location was great for us, for the attractions we wanted to see. Was in the middle really. Near Anacortes, Tacoma, Seattle, etc. Location was key with us. One bad experience, one morning, but was not the hotels fault. An unsupervised child pulled a fire alarm at 7:50 am. Talk about rude awakening. Again though that was not the fault of the hotel. Otherwise we had a very pleasant experience at the hotel. Would recommend to anyone. There was a little farmers market stand within walking distance of this location, it was GREAT.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Alexandria, VA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

This was an awful experience for us, staying here while visiting Seattle on vacation. First, the beds were really terrible, they had no give and were like sleeping on rocks. The room had pubes on the wall and bathroom--disgusting. They told us there were no amenities--they weren't kidding. No wake up calls, they charge for turnover service and even coffee, and not even basic soap in the room. There was a couple staying below us with a dog, who barked constantly...drove us CRAZY. The walls were paper thin, and between the stupid dog and the baby screaming next door all night, we barely got any sleep. I called to complain, and the jerk I spoke with was condescending, rude and completely unprofessional about it--told me there was nothing they could do. I threatened to call the police about the noise and he blew me off. The only reason I didn't leave is the week was paid for. Do yourself a favor--DO NOT stay here!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Marina Inn
Marina Inn
#1 of 4 in Des Moines
3.5 of 5 stars 113 reviews

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Seattle - Kent - Des Moines? Share your experiences!