“Five nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent

You added Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent to your Saves list
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   25100 74th Avenue South, Kent, WA 98032 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Kent
Spokane Valley, Washington
“Five nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We enjoyed the convenience of the hotel's location, and how clean it was kept. The room was more than adequate, and the morning breakfast was just enough to get the day started. We had only two problems. The fridge in our room didn't work, so the food we had in it spoiled. And, we were there from Thursday to Tuesday and only had room service make up our room on Saturday and Sunday. We got by because there were enough towels for 4 and there were just 2 of us. Still, it was a pleasant stay, and the weekend night desk clerk, John, was a wonderful person who was a delight to get to know.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here in Dec 2014--really nice hotel for the price. Beds were comfortable, room was clean, bathroom was clean, staff was VERY nice. Quick stay of 1 night, but I'll be staying here every time I come into town for business from here on.

Oh-Internet was reliable and reasonably fast too. Only downside is the train that's nearby, but I didn't hear it after 1030pm, so it didn't keep me from sleeping.

• Stayed December 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

First, as we walked in the room it wasn't horrible. However it did smell like bug spray the floral kind. I joked with my husband "smells like bug spray in here" then I saw the fruit fly bodies all around the jetted tub. "Well, at least their dead." The ironing board was broken and the iron was dirty with something burned on it. I would expect this in a cheap hotel. But if your paying over 100 a night I expect "excellence" we reported to the staff in the AM. We not big on causing a fuss. They said "sorry and gave us 10 percent off" and told us we should have come and seen them sooner. I thought to myself "you should check the rooms before you book them to customers." But like I said we don't like to cause a fuss. So if you don't mind handling the minor details and are hard of hearing this hotel is great. Breakfast was good. But I thought it kind of weird that the morning staff "maids" are in line making waffles and eating while cleaning rooms. But like I said as long as you don't mind managing the place for them it great ! Staff was friendly and nice just think they need some more management skills and it be great.

Room Tip: Make sure you bring ear plugs train runs right next to hotel.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
REDLIONHOTELTACOMA, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent, responded to this review, yesterday
At Red Lion Inn, we appreciate your reviews and recommendations. We will do our best to present our guests with an pleasant experience. We apologies for any of the inconvenience you had to face during your stay. We hope to see you in future and greatly appreciate your business.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We had reservations to stay at the Red Lion Inn on 74th Ave South in Kent for a Jr Nationals swim team (Dec 10/14, 2014). When we needed to cancel our reservations because the team we were travelling with stayed somewhere else, the management was very accomodating and did not charge us when we needed to cancel our reservations. We really appreciated that they worked with us. I would consider staying at this hotel if I found myself in the area again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
At Red Lion Inn, we appreciate your reviews and recommendations. We will do our best to present our guests with an pleasant experience. We hope to see you in future and greatly appreciate your business.
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off, the comments in regards to the train are accurate. Nothing necessarily against the hotel on that, but it clearly is a location issue. Also, there is not much around this hotel, you definitely want to have a vehicle to be able to drive to places around town if you want to go out to grab a bite to eat. The room was fairly clean, although there was mold growing around the jetted tub and in the bath/shower area. It might be a good idea to bring your own pillow. There were 3 pillows on our king bed, one regular sized and two small...naturally I got stuck with the small ones, which means I did not sleep great, leaving me vulnerable to the train noises. Finally, it would be a tremendous improvement if they were able to allow the door on the east side to be utilized. We were the last room on the east end and found ourselves parking at the end of the parking lot, walking the length of the building to get into the hotel, then back down the length of the hotel to get to our room.

On the positive, their breakfast is typical for what you would expect. I believe they also have a cocktail hour in the evenings for preferred guests. I assume we did not qualify, as nobody mentioned it to me. I just happened to see a sign for it on the morning of our checkout. Also, the phallic drawing on the elevator door that we noticed on our first day was cleaned up the next evening.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the freeway side, versus the railroad side.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
REDLIONHOTELTACOMA, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

W a r n i n g (Wanted to write that in Caps but Tripadvisor wouldn't let me) Fellow Tripadvisors, I"m writing this review so people read and it and save themselves a ton of heartache, aggravation, agitation, frustration!!! This is just a Dreadful place to stay period. There's a Train that runs night and day, only 5 feet from the hotel---Literally! I Promise you will not sleep at all no matter where you stay in the hotel. Train sounds it's horns all through the night, weekdays and weekends, at 12am, 2am, 4am, 5:30am... it's a Nightmare :o( It's almost as if it's running right through the middle of your room!!! To add insult to injury, the hotel is in a remote area which is near nothing but a freeway and a gas station---which you must cross to walk 3/4's of a mile to get any kind of food, snacks, etc. Please consider yourself warned. Do yourself a favor and stay any place but this hotel. By the way, previous reviews of the hotel being dirty and needing a scrubbing, along with dank odors in hallways and bathroom are accurate as well... in case you needed extra reasons to avoid this disaster of a property.

Room Tip: Do Yourself a favor and choose someplace else to stay!!!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Kent
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

Upon check in I was first given a room that was not cleaned and smelled of cigarette smoke. My second room was no better, with stains on the furniture and blood stains on the bedding, hair all over bathroom floor, a broken fridge that didn't cool anything, no lighting over the jetted tub, and the room reeked like a wet dog. The pool that looked great in the pictures had clumps of hair floating in it for the 2 days I was there. And to top it all off its RIGHT on the railroad tracks. Because they couldn't put me into another room or refund my money, I was forced to go to the store and buy a basket full of Febreeze and lysol. I've stayed in rooms ranged from the cheapest in Vegas to the decent in Hollywood hills, and this was by far the worst experience I've ever had. I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

REDLIONHOTELTACOMA, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
At Red Lion, we appreciate your reviews and do our best to provide you with a pleasant experience. We apologize for any of the inconvenience that you had to face during your stay. We will make the appropriate changes to give you a better experience in future.

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent? Share your experiences!