“Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Kent

You added Quality Inn Kent to your Saves list
Quality Inn Kent
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1711 West Meeker St., Kent, WA 98032 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Kent
“Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Everything looks great. My room was very clean and it seems renovated recently. I like the fact that everything is new in my room.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My room was very clean and bed was really comfortable. My room was fully renovated. My Hotel was under renovation but it was comfortable stay. Hot breakfast was very good. I liked scramble egg and sausage. I will stay again.

• Stayed December 2014
Rutland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This is a tough place to get a good night's sleep. Extremely noisy, traffic through the parking lot all night. People gunning motors, motorcycles, etc. It is safe I suppose because the night we were there the police came through at least a half dozen times.

The facilities were OK and the continental breakfast wasn't bad, so I suppose if you have a really early flight and don't sleep anyway then this might work for you. Otherwise, I would keep on looking!

Room Tip: Maybe a room on the north side away from all the parking lot noise?
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Jasper, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014 via mobile

From first glance I knew that I had made a mistake by choosing this hotel. My mother and I decided to stay for a night in the SeaTac area tonight as we are visiting Seattle from Canada and wanted to have a night to explore. I booked the room from the Choice Hotels website where they have a best rate guarantee, basically if you find a rate lower than on their website, they will give you the first night free, and match the lower rate for any following nights. I submitted a request for the rate guarantee and received an email the next day stating that my rate had been reduced to $0.00 due to the rate guarantee.

I arrived at the hotel and noticed that it was undergoing some renovations, which seemed minor from the outside, no curb appeal. When I entered the front desk area, there was a strong odor of stale cigarettes mixed with something else.... it was also very humid in the lobby. Noting that this is a hotel which caters rooms towards smokers and non smokers, it is understandable. after waiting nearly 5 minutes at the desk, the agent (Asian Male) finally turned up. I proceeded to tell him that I had a reservation, and that it was to be free as per their best rate guarantee. He said that the system had no record of this, and that I'd need to call head office. I showed him several email confirmations that noted the free rate and also the email from head office stating that it was free. He said I either pay the rate or leave the hotel. I asked him to call the supervisor or manager, and he said that he was unable to. I work for a hotel company comprised of 6 hotels made up of nearly 600 rooms, and there is always someone that you can call, what If the hotel was on fire? I asked if he had the phone number for head office, a blunt no was his response. How can a hotel not have their guest relations center phone number?!?!?!?! I asked if he had a phone that I could use to call head office, after I used a roaming data plan to look up the toll free number, and received another blunt no. I told him that I would be calling head office and I left. I spoke to the best rate guarantee agents after finally locating a phone and he said that the hotel MUST honor the best rate guarantee, he tried to call the hotel two times and the agent did not answer the hotel phone. He tried to find a solution for us, being two foreigners in the usa, needing a hotel, and spoke with the guest relations department. I was found a room at the Comfort Inn on 84th Ave S. in Kent, which is WAY better than the quality inn, and didn't need to pay a cent.

Head office noted that the hotel will be reprimanded for this and that the Quality Inn would be billed for my hotel stay.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Moses Lake
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

We went to a Mariner's game and afterwards needed a place to stay just one night to visit family the next day. We wanted a decent hotel room at a decent price. The price was reasonable, but the room was on the verge of horrible. The only reason I'm giving 2 stars instead of 1 is because the front desk guy was very friendly and helpful. It took us a while to figure out how to get the windows to lock. We were on the ground floor and I did not feel safe. There is an alley on one side with a lot of movement. The outside entrance door was propped open and a bicycle sitting outside the door. I wasn't sure if it closed all the way. The room seemed to be recently poorly remodeled with a bad paint job. I'll post pictures of that and much more. Bottom line, don't stay here if you have young children or if you're a woman by yourself.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Milwaukie, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2014

This hotel advertised a fitness center and free wifi.

There is no fitness center. Maybe someday when the place gets remodeled, but not today.

The internet was down the entire time of my stay. After multiple calls to the front desk the problem still was not resolved.

Someone on the second floor just down the hall from me was smoking Marijuana. I told the front desk and the clerk said the smell was probably coming from a smoking room. Yes, I gathered that. I realize that pot is legal in Washington, and I'm cool with whatever you do in the privacy of your home, but this is a motel... perhaps it should be a non smoking hotel. I don't want to go to my first client of the day smelling like stale pot.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

Quality Inn Kent was perfect for my needs. Hotel was only 15 minutes from airport and easy access from highway. I really liked my room fresh and clean. I had stayed 4 nights here and it has new furniture in my room. Hot breakfast was great as well. They are doing remodeling still.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn Kent? Share your experiences!