“Great place to stay. Good location & price. Good pool & breakfast.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Kent Seattle Area

You added Ramada Kent Seattle Area to your Saves list
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22318 84th Ave. South, Kent, WA 98032 (Formerly Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Seattle-Kent)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Kent
Spokane, Washington
“Great place to stay. Good location & price. Good pool & breakfast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Kent is a great area to stay when vacationing in the Seattle area. It is a great "base" for day-trips just about anywhere you need to go with lower prices (hotel, food and gasoline) than you'll find in downtown Seattle.
We looked for a hotel with a pool (for my 5-year old), under $100 (for my wife) and clean (for me). This Holiday Inn exceeded our expectations.
It is located on an easily accesable intersection of a major East-West and North-South street in Kent. Close access to a freeway to get you into Seattle in 25-minutes is a piece of cake. Very little traffic problems here. There are 3 other hotels located at this same intersection of decent quality, however this Holiday Inn had a comfortably warm, heated outdoor pool and spa as well as an under $100 per nite price.
We even stayed one extra night and the hotel clerk extended a special rate past it's cutoff for that extra nite! Thanks so much!
Breakfast was quite sufficient, having the usual continental choices of juices, rolls, cereal, bagels and toast plus waffles (which my daughter loved), eggs of some style (scrambled or omlet) and sausage of some kind. The attendant kept all items well-stocked so there was never any waiting for an empty tray to be re-filled.
Confortable and clean room and bathroom. I enjoyed the choice of firm or soft pillows on the comfortable King bed since I love to sleep with 3 pillows. Microwave and fridge in room work fine.
Lots of great places to eat within 10-minutes driving distance. We really love Country Burger - Teriyaki & Seafood on 1605 W Meeker St. This is a "must try" place to eat!
I WILL stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't complain about noise if you get a pool-side room (heard one lady yell out the window about...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Homestead, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

When we checked in I was surprised to see our room was actually 3 rooms. A sleeping area with a TV, a separate sitting area with a small kitchen area and a TV and the bathroom area. The room was clean, However, they may need to exterminate because I did see spiders and there were several mosquito in the room. The breakfast was pretty good and all the hotel staff were extremely friendly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WA & HI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while in town for a graduation. Staff was friendly and had a good breakfast! Next door is a nice restaurant with a good menu & service. Our room was near the pool and we had good parking. Would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Unlike most Holiday Inns in that it has an older style and layout. The facility had a friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean but the bathroom was rather small. The carpet could use shampooing---as most of the hotels we have stayed in on our week trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Affordable, Nice staff, fairly clean room, not too far from Seattle. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if i visit seattle again provided that the price stays the same. Theres a pretty big mall / shopping center near by if you dont feel like going into seattle.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Pros: friendly staff, clean rooms, good hot breakfast. Nicely updated. Good access to highways. Guest laundry. Cons: outdoor pool only, no HGTV or TLC on their cable package. Also seemed like they were short staffed at times. Would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Astoria, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had been flying 23 hrs even before hitting the US so I decided that instead of waiting another 8 hrs, for another 8 hr flight I would just go the next day and relax and maybe do some laundry and plus I could use a shower. I had originally booked the seatac holiday inn, but got my days messed up with all my time traveling back and forth and they were not avail on the correct day ~so I cancelled that, and picked the kent hotel.

Upon arrival at the airport we went to the shuttle area, waited a little bit saw a holiday inn shuttle bus and asked if he was going to the kent hotel. The driver told us we had to call them since it was a smaller shuttle. So I gave them a call(there is a airport phone in the shuttle area they are #11) and the guy at the front desk informed me that the shuttle was unavailable because it was doing something away from the hotel at that moment. But he did tell me to take a cab to the hotel and they would pay for it. Fine by me// cost about 20$

When we got to the hotel, from the outside it looked like a standard holiday inn, but when you went inside you noticed the little things that differ. the lobby is nice. we checked in with no problems. then we were given a map to our room :) we were located on the other side of the pool so had to exit the main building to get to the other side. The property itself was nice, it reminded me of different hotel chains, I didn't think it would be detached buildings. I'm not sure if the #2 side had a elevator since we were on the second floor, I didn't find it but we just dragged our luggage up the steps.

>> on my walk up the stairs and down the hallway I noticed that the building it self could use a good fresh coat of paint and it would look much nicer but it wasn't terrible.

The room itself was ok, we were upgraded to the suite with the kitchen/living area which turned out great for us since we tried out the room service(pretty good) and had plenty of space to eat.
I liked the view of the pool, and the open balcony not just a sliding window. the beds were what I expected from holiday inn with regards to pillows/bed spreads. Yes they are small but its a double~ clearly stated when you pick the room so no surprise there.
We tried out the pool/hot tub which was fine a nice end to our day. there were even ducks hanging out in the pool with us which was fine by me. They even let you swim pretty close to them. In the am, they were still hanging out in the pool.
The breakfast was ok, there were a ton of people there which i didn't expect Ive actually never seen so many people at a hotel breakfast. They had a buffet style, with a waffle maker that was constantly in use.
Over all I was pleased with my stay,, I would stay again if ever needing a layover.

The shuttle back to the airport was ok, took a little bit longer then the cab but no issues.

My only problem, was that it was clearly a non-smoking room, they stamped my papers and made me sign it, there was a plaque in the room that said the same. Now my room did not smell like cigarettes, but I found 2 cigarette butts on the floor. One in the living area and one in the closet of the bed room.
I do not smoke, neither does the rest of my group, so either the cleaners aren't doing a great job or people are getting away with smoking in the rooms and trying to get the next person in trouble.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear ittybittyxx,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. We are sorry to hear about the cigarette butts you found in your room. I have taken note all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Ramada Kent Seattle Area? Share your experiences!