“Outstanding SeaTac Airport Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   24415 Russell Road, 8th Tee Riverbend Golf Course, Kent, WA 98032-1787   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #1 of 13 hotels in Kent
Langley City, Canada
“Outstanding SeaTac Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Last year I reluctantly wrote a fairly scathing review of another Best Western in the SeaTac area - the Executel. The Plaza by the Green is a little further out, (20-25 mins by free shuttle) but could not be more different to the unfriendly atmosphere of the shabby Executel. The Plaza is clean, modern, quiet, comfortable, and the staff could not have been more helpful and hospitable. We had driven from Vancouver to catch a mid-morning flight from SeaTac the following morning. We had two connecting rooms for our party of 2 adults and 4 kids. My plan was to use the normal parking facility that I have done many times before, but the desk manager at the Plaza offered parking at a very attractive rate. I don't know what other hotels in the area offer, but 17 nights of cheap parking after one night's accommodation seemed like a generous deal to me and I saved a bundle over what I had planned. The free shuttle worked flawlessly in both directions and on our return the driver (Al) was exceptionally helpful and kind ensuring we all came into the hotel for free coffee and hot chocolate before heading out for the long drive home. With the massive price advantage of flying from SeaTac vs Vancouver, we make this run at least once a year and if flight times make an overnight stop more convenient, we will certainly be back at the Plaza.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
It is music to my ears to hear that you will be back! Obviously, this is our ultimate goal and I'm proud of our staff for delivering helpful service during your stay. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Al who really provided great hospitality by simply inviting you in for coffee. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your strong rating. We look forward to serving you again.

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Port Alberni, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We are a family of four starting a road trip with some Seattle shopping to do. We picked this as the most reasonably priced Best Western in the area, and one with easy parking.
We are fans of the BW chain as dependable and clean, with enough of a breakfast to get us going. This property was all of that.
This hotel was very clean, quiet and we had a great golf course view! The only annoyance was that the breakfast room occupants were not asked to move out once they finished eating. Some loud-mouthed know-it-all golfer was telling stories to about 10 people- all finished their food and two families that arrived had no where to sit (they ended up eating in another room apparently). Another guest finally told them off as the jerks that they all were, which made my day, but it was technically too late.
I do recommend staying here if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Golf view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are grateful for your high rating after your choice to stay with us at Plaza by the Green. Thank you for sharing your experience with others by taking the time to post a review. We look forward to serving your family again the next time you visit the Seattle area.
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here during a recent vacation. It's in an odd spot (strip mall) but close to ShoWare Center and was very nice. Great service by everyone. Ask for a room with a golf course view (223 is an excellent choice because it also has a balcony). Free breakfast to get the day started and the lady working there was very efficient to keep everything going. We left for a few days and then changed reservations we had at another place upon our return because this was so nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for the time you took to write a review after staying with us at Plaza by the Green.
I'm pleased to know that your stay was great and we thank you for the strong rating. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in our area.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here to go to ShoWare Center and also to visit Seattle. The room was clean and comfortable, with plenty of hot water and water pressure, and with a good-sized TV, an iron and board, a hair dryer, an alarm clock radio, and a little balcony looking out at the golf course. There's an adequate free breakfast. There's free wifi, as well as a computer room with two computers and a printer. There's a well-appointed lobby, with good coffee available all day long. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The best thing was that they offered free shuttle bus service, on call from early morning until late evening, to and from the airport, the light rail station and ShoWare Center.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing Plaza by the Green and for posting a review about your experience. Thanks also for visiting the Seattle area for this event at ShoWare Center. Your feedback means a lot to us and we look forward to serving you again.
Shingletown, California, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a multiple day event happening at the Sho Ware Center. Since we didn't have a rental car, the hotel shuttled us to and fro, pretty much on demand. Once even stopping at Safeway en route so we could pick up food items for the room refrigerator. I'd say that was beyond the call of duty. :) I had read the reviews and expected quality hospitality, and that's certainly what we got. We ended up in a large and very nice room overlooking the golf course and on the second floor. Very quiet and clean. We liked the prints on the walls and the rest of the decor - tasteful and subdued. Bathroom was very nice with granite vanity. As previously mentioned, there was a refrigerator (quiet), and a coffee-maker. The beds were very comfortable. The heating/cooling unit was a little noisy for me, but I just turned it off. Complimentary breakfast was supplied - the usual make your own waffles, juices, warming tray omelets, sausage, hard boiled eggs, various breads, such as bagels and wheat bread, etc., cereals (hot and cold), yogurt, fruit. The lobby is very nice and overlooks the golf course. There is a good Chinese restaurant next door, and Shari's 24 hour family restaurant a little bit farther. All in all, we were very happy with our stay here at this Best Western.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the golf course - quieter and with much nicer views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us during the event and for taking the time to write about your experience at Plaza by the Green. I'm very pleased to read that our people really made the difference in the service they delivered. We have a great team and I wil pass this on to encourage them.
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Fine service. Clean, up-to-date rooms. Great amenities including airport shuttle and breakfast.
Don't be put off by the strip mall entry. One of the best values I have experience recently in the hospitality industry.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
One of our purposes of being in business is to be a good value for customers, vendors and team members, so your comment is very important to us. Thanks for choosing Plaza by the Green and I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with others.
Lynnwood, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before. I was given a very nice modern King room on one side of the hotel. At that time I noticed a small corridor off.to one side of the lobby but thought nothing of it. Well, I found out during this stay. I booked a Queen room, expecting the same very nice modern room but I was very disappointed. When I was given my room, I was told it was down the corridor I mentioned above. This area of the hotel is NOT updated. The room was small and outdated. Luckily, I was staying only one night before flying out of Seatac. I booked my second stay through a third party, maybe that had something to do with the sub par accommodations. I will not stay here again. (I paid equal rates according to the room on both stays)

Room Tip: Make sure you know what you are paying for. Ask for the updated rooms!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing Plaza by the Green again for your recent stay. Please accept my apology for the fact that you felt let down with the single queen room compared to the king. Your feedback is valuable and I appreciate the time you spent to tell us why you will not return. Your advice to other travelers could possibly cause confusion, so the details of the 2008/2009 hotel upgrade follow.

All 97 rooms at Plaza by the Green were updated in 2008 with new paint, carpet, beds, bedding, light fixtures and curved shower rod with updated curtain. One difference between the king room and the single queen rooms is that the furniture in the king and double queen rooms was all replaced in 2008. Since it was and still is in good condition, furniture in the single queen rooms was not replaced. Bathrooms in the king and double queen rooms have nice, new vanities with a granite top. The bathrooms in the single queen rooms did not get the new granite counter top since the Corian countertops in that section of the building were also in good condition.

Many of our regular business travelers have a strong preference for the single queen rooms, but obviously they are not for you. Again, I'm sorry that you were disappointed and I do hope you will choose us again and reserve a king room.

Andrew Hutchison, General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green? Share your experiences!