“Bedspread like a mogul ski slope” 3 of 5 stars

Bed and Breakfast Deal
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Kennewick
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Bedspread like a mogul ski slope”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

I stayed at The Garden Inn on two separate occasions and it is average in many ways -- nothing extraordinarily great and nothing extraordinarily bad. The lobby area is attractive and the front staff is friendly. The free Wi-Fi worked very well. The rooms are reasonable clean (but not spotless). Two things about this hotel were not up to par. The first is that the bedspreads on both the beds had weird lumps all over them...reminded me of a mogul ski slope. I've attached pictures so you can see what I mean. I assume they laundered the bedspreads which caused the insulation in them to lump. As a result the beds looked strange and the comforters were thin. The second complaint I had was that the exercise room was exceptionally hot...like a sauna. The temperature was above 90 degrees on two occasions.

For the price the hotel is average. I didn't walk away feeling I'd been cheated, but neither did I think it was a good value. The breakfast buffet looked okay but was expensive. I ordered room service for three evening meals and wouldn't do so again. The food came within 20 minutes but was cold. I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel because it wasn't bad. It suited my purposes as a business traveler sufficiently.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
MilesWilkins, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn/Kennewick. We have since looked into different ways of washing the bedspreads so they do not ball of like moguls. We appreciate your honest feed back.

Miles Wilkins
Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
IRVINE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

This clean, relatively new hotel provides Hilton Garden Inn's consistent cleanliness and service. The hotel is on the outer edge of a busy shopping area featuring a major area mall and well known national chains for shopping and food. The property is situated in a quiet corporate area. The Columbia River is approximately 1 mile away. Highly recommended for the business traveler.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
MilesWilkins, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for commenting on your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn/Kennewick, WA. We use both the positive feedback and negative feedback to strive to deliver the best guest service we can. We agree that the hotels location does make it perfect for business travelers.

We look forward to welcoming you back the Hilton Garden Inn/Kennewick, WA in the future.

Regards,
Miles Wilkins
Limerick, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I have stayed here before and as usual it is very clean and the rooms are well appointed. There is free internet. The restaurant is open from 6 am til 10 am in the morning and does not reopen until 5 pm. They have room service in the evening. The only other option is to buy food in their pantry which is passable. There is a microwave and a refrigerator in each room. The staff is helpful but not overly friendly. When we reserved this room through the hotel itself, two months ahead of time asked for a smoking room and were assured that would be the case. After a very long flight from the east coast and then a three hour drive to Kennewick we were informed there were no smoking rooms at the hotel. We felt that this was something we needed to know before we arrived since that was the reason for choosing the hotel in the first place. This is really our main complaint. The hotel is a long but easy walking distance to stores and a mall. There are plenty of restaurants in the area. We like this hotel but felt burned by the no smoking policy that we could have been informed about before our arrival. One more thing, the housekeeping staff is very good and in particular a young lady named Sarah was way above par.

Ritzville, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

We first found this hotel while searching for the best value. We found this hotel for $94 each night for a Friday - Sunday night stay. What a bargain!!
Upon arrival we found a plate of freshly baked cookies at the check-in counter and very friendly staff. Our room was very spacious and nicely decorated. The highlight of my night was when I crawled between the bed covers. The pillow top bed and fluffy covers and pillows were absolutely heavenly. I had 2 of the best night's sleep of my life! The hotel was crowded but it was very quiet in the rooms.
I used the pool, hot tub and fitness room and they were all great as well.
The absolute only bit of advice that I would have for this hotel would be to offer some breakfast items free of charge. I may have misunderstood, but when we were deciding whether to have breakfast at the hotel, the staff told us that the entire breakfast buffet was 9.95 per person. We didn't stay to eat, although the breakfast area was immaculate and there were many things to choose from. We just weren't hungry enough to eat 9.95 worth of food.
I would love to take my hotel room home with me because I loved it! This is a super great value for a place that you will sleep like a baby!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Seattle
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel before, and have always had a decent experience (which is why I'm not giving it a Terrible score)....until now.
As I walked to my room on the third floor (room 304), I noticed a horrible smoky smell. All of the rooms on one side of the hall in this "wing" are smoking, and non-smoking on the other side of the hallway. This has to be some of the worst planning of all time. I am actually sitting in my room right now, and am motivated to write my first hotel review ever. Maybe it's my growing headache from the smell, maybe it's the stupidity of the floor plan (kind of like how restaurants used to have smoking and non-smoking right next to eachother so there was no distinguishing to the two sections), maybe it's the fact that smoking is prohibited in public indoor spaces in Washington State...yet here I am breathing in somebody elses cigarettes. For the record, I don't care if people smoke, but if I ask for a non-smoking room, I don't really want to be breathing in smoke all night....and end up stinky when I go to my work meeting in the morning.

• Liked — Convenient and familiar
  • Disliked — Smell
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Portland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2008

The HGI Kennewick is an all around great place to stay. We've been there one other time, but this trip wasn't planned (funeral), so we were trying to watch our budget. There are a lot of gross hotels in the Tri-Cities, so beware, and the safe bet is with a brand name. This HGI has the new linen collection, extremely clean rooms, professional front desk staff and very friendly housekeeping staff. While I didn't interact with the maintenance team, they must be good, as nothing was in disrepair. The location is convenient to restaurants and freeways. I definitely recommend the hotel to business and leisure travelers alike. -Cari & family

• Liked — The employees and the cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chelan, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

Great hotel. The check-in was quick and the location is right across from the Toyota Center. The mall and all the restaurants are very close. The room was nice and the beds great. The walls are a bit thin so one can hear the other rooms. They have a good buffet breakfast but it costs 10.00 which is still a good deal when compared to the junk you get at other hotel's free breakfasts. I was very impressed overall.

Stayed February 2008

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick? Share your experiences!