“Fantastic!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Kennewick
Richland, Washington
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Wonderful staff! Wonderful facility! Excellent service and a great location! I would highly recommend this hotel! We were there for a Memorial service for a family member and were treated like royalty! We were also celebrating the 65th birthday of another family member and the Hilton Staff made the entire experience more than special, it was memorable and perfect!

Room Tip: Room away from elevator or ice machine, always my preference. Choose a suite for longer stays!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn while attending a state basketball tournament at the Toyota Center. It is the perfect place to stay if you are attending any venue at the Center as it is within walking distance. The staff were friendly. My husband and I enjoy room service when we are away and the service was very quick and the food was goo. The only draw back for me were the uncomfortable beds. ours were supposed to be some type of adjustable air pillow mattress and it was so uncomfortable, I woke up with a back ache every morning.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor away from the elevators and the pool. The sound of kids in the pool seemed to t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Redmond, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the typical Hilton Garden Inn building-wise. I requested a third floor room thanks to the reviews on TripAdvisor. Despite the fact that there were numerous sports teams staying here, we had the pool to ourselves at 10pm, and the manager even checked in and let us know that they should all be in their rooms due to a curfew. I really liked this, most other hotels let large groups walk all over them, but these guys seemed to really care about individual paying guests. We did not have any noise issues at all.

We were literally able to walk right across the street once the hockey game ended... we didn't have to fight any traffic. That alone was really nice!

I agree with a previous reviewer about the strange smell in the hallways, I'm not sure what that is. My fiancée didn't read any previous reviews and noticed it right away; she thought it was BO as well. That, and the fact that I thought the mattress was a bit old and uncomfortable, knock off a star. However, the staff here was top notch and I would return to this hotel when I next visit the Tri Cities.

Room Tip: Go with the third floor, it is nice not to have to worry about noise from above.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
MilesWilkins, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Hockey fan,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Kennewick Hilton Garden Inn. I am glad to hear your stay was enjoyable. Please note we are working on the smell in the guest corridors and hopefully the next time you come to watch a hockey game we will have this cleared up.

Hope your travels are great.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

we were there for a hockey tournament and Kris was amazing!! he took care of our every need--he went above and beyond to make us comfortable and our stay enjoyable! the carpets probably should be cleaned-- rooms smelled a little like BO due to this but the beds were comfortable and the room clean. We loved being able to get cold water/tea/hot chocolate/coffee and fresh baked cookies anytime of day or night!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on the service you received from Kris. I will pass this on to him and share with the entire staff as well.

Thank you for your time.
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The positives: The staff is friendly, the hotel offers coffee, hot chocolate, tea, water, and cookies in the lobby which is always welcoming upon check-in or on your way out. The room offered water, popcorn, and coffee as well. The fitness center was clean, bright, and open 24-7, which was a huge plus for early birds like me. The window in the fitness center was bent open a bit like it was broken, but that actually was okay because it kept the workout room nice and cool. The fitness equipment was in great condition and they had everything you would need to get a great workout in (the treadmills even had TVs attached and there are headphones provided if you don't bring your own). In the room, the bathroom is clean and bright. The bed is comfortable, and the room is a generous size. The location is great - right behind Target and the Columbia Center mall area.

The not-so-positives: The alarm clock in the room had a radio, but the volume wouldn't adjust downward so the music was too loud to wake up to. The carpeting in the room and hallways is fairly worn, and definitely dusty around the corners/crevices. The heating element next to the window in the room is super loud - you'll need to adjust the volume on your TV every time it comes on. It made me jump awake once or twice when it kicked on overnight. Also, the breakfast seems a bit overpriced for this category of hotel - $14.50 was what my colleague payed after the waitress added a tip for herself. There's an iHop literally 5 minutes away so I drove there instead. I do like this hotel, but I'd have to say for other travelers that there's a definite unpleasant smell on the 2nd floor (in the hallway and in the rooms). I've stayed here several times, both on the 2nd floor and the 3rd floor, over the span of 3 years. The third floor smells normal, the second floor does not. I can't describe it any better than it smells like body odor, or if you find that offensive, an old box of crayons perhaps. I don't want to offend the hotel and prompt a scathing reply, but it's just the best way I can describe it for other travelers. I even brought a scented candle this time in case I ended up on the 2nd floor again (which I did). Usually setting the candle out (unlit of course) will make a hotel room smell nice and homey when I travel, but it didn't work this time. So, in a nutshell, nice hotel for its category (mid-priced), with nice amenities, but I don't plan to stay here again if I can't guarantee I'll get a third floor room (I've done it 3 times, and my experience on the 3rd floor was 100% better).

Room Tip: Be wary of requesting a room away from the elevators. Rooms at the end (away from the elevators), i...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Traveler,

Thank you very much for the detailed review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Kennewick, WA. It is with these guest comments that we are able to continue striving for excellent guest service. We are working on the odor concerns on the second floor corridors and guest rooms. I have our maintenance department going through all guest rooms checking the functionality of the alarm clocks. Your comments are very valuable and I do not take them as offensive. Our guests are the reason we are in business and we appreciate all feedback, positive or negative.

Thank you again for your time.
Florence, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We stayed at this property for two nights and it was very pleasant, except all the negatives surrounding housekeeping.

First, the goods: The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. The lobby area is bright and cheery and has nice places to sit and enjoy a cup of the free coffee and tasty cookies. The restaurant had wonderful breakfasts and the staff was also very pleasant. We did not go to the pool, but it looked like it was maintained well. The hotel is an ATT Wifi hotspot, so if you are an ATT wireless customer, you just connect automatically, which is nice.

Now, the bad: Housekeeping was horrendous. Our room was never services when we were there, although the front desk gave us towels and tried to make it better. Housekeeping also uses very strong chemicals like Pledge; the elevators and hallways can be bad if you have allergies to such. While sitting in a quite alcove on our floor near the elevators, several of the housekeeping staff were speaking very rudely about the guests in Spanish. They must have assumed that nobody else speaks Spanish, but some of us do indeed.

Correct the housekeeping issues, and this property is wonderful for business or pleasure.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
MilesWilkins, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Kennewick, WA. I am truly sorry you experienced such a lack of service from the housekeeping department. I would like to investigate this incident further to make sure it is corrected immediately. I ask that you contact me at the hotel so I can get more information. 509-735-4600.

Regards,
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Everything was clean and the service was great. They have everything needed for the business traveler... except a latte. And they need to fix the toaster. Friendly staff. They were really thinking when they designed these Hilton's.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on the Hilton Garden Inn Kennewick, WA. I will personally look into the issues with toaster in the restaurant to see if it can be fixed or replaced.

Regards,
Assistant General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick? Share your experiences!