“Delicious food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Helena, Montana
“Delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The highlight of our trip was the food. Everything we tried was delicious, prepared quickly, and served hot. I have no experience with Indian restaurants, though I do enjoy preparing recipes at home, but my husband assured me that the quality was on par with a good quality Indian restaurants elsewhere.
The value was also excellent, we ordered 2 dinners & an appetizer, and we had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.
The wine & beer list was somewhat lacking, but that's to be expected, and didn't put a damper on our visit, it's just something to be noted if you're picky about wines (for instance, the only merlot available at our visit was the Columbia Crest, and there were only about 4 beers on the menu- though they were all Indian, which was nice).
The ambiance was also lacking a bit. It's located in a strip mall & the decor is not very elegant, but don't let that turn you off! I've found that a lack of traditional ambiance can mean that the focus & energy is really on quality food, and we found this to be the case, here.
The service was very friendly, but it seemed they were slightly understaffed. It was a Friday night at peak dinner time, so we were patient, but that was something we think could have been easily improved. It seemed they only had 3 people to serve, expedite and seat people. Not a huge deal if you can be patient, but I wouldn't recommend going on a Friday night if you're in a rush.
We would definitely visit again & would recommend to others. Our hometown has no Indian options, so this was really a treat, and we weren't disappointed by the food.

Visited May 2013

Kennewick, Washington
“Had a great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Great food great experience decent price will go back again for sure. I had the buffet they had plenty of dishes to choose from very good food. Next time I'm going to have to take the whole family seems like it would be a good place for a family meal. I went there with my friends and we had a good time.

Visited April 2013
USA
“Excellent Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Excellent family friendly atmosphere. Good Indian food and appetizers. Also serves beer and wine. Open for lunch and dinner with lunch buffett. During the recent visit we made a reservation and on arrival we were immediately seated. Service was quick.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kennewick, WA
“Two thumbs up!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I like this place! Good food and attentive service. A very nice change from the usual Tri-cities "style." I had the lamb vindaloo and it was quite tasty. Definitely recommend that you give this place a try!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kennewick, Washington
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've lived in the Tri-Cities for 3 years and am so glad this placed opened. Basically if you are not familiar with the Tri-Cities, it is typically not very kind to small business owners and Independent restaurants with most people preferring to eat at big, cookie cutter chain restaurants. Example, when I moved here from the Midwest I asked where can I get a good steak..."Outback Steakhouse." How about some good BBQ? "Famous Daves". Seriously? Any way, rant aside Masala has been a hidden gem since opening a little over a year ago. They serve up some of the best Indian food that I have had since I lived in England for a year and as able to enjoy truly authentic Indian. The service is always friendly and attentive. The buffet food is not as good as ordering off the menu but when is it really, and the buffet is kept well stocked, fresh, and warm. Can't recommend this place enough. So happy to finally get a little culture in the Tri-Cities and just wish people would skip there trip to PF Chang's or Appleby's and give something new a try. They won't be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere