Fujiyama Japanese Steak House and Bar
509-735-7722
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fujiyama Japanese Steak House and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 161 Restaurants in Kennewick
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: US 395 & Hildebrand Rd.
Description: Just opened about 3 weeks ago. Great cuisine and chefs!
“Fun?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Fun if you've never been and the food was fine. I was however frustrated by the poor service. I had to ask several times for water and finally got out of seat and asked a busboy. The price is expensive but again worth it if for nothing else but the novelty. We'll be back and hope it stays around.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kennewick
“Distateful Experience - Poor Management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

A business client & I had lunch there today 8/29/2012. The chef placed a Hibachi steak which was cut up into small squares on each of our plates. Then he mumbled something, took his spatula and removed my steak, piece by piece, and put it back on the grill. Then he took his spatula and again, piece by piece, took half my clients steak and actually put it on my plate, while dropping 3 pieces of meat on the table (not the grill), picked them up and put them on my plate! I asked what was going on and he just mumbled at me. About half an hour after I left, I got stomach cramps and diarrhea and had to rush to the nearest restroom. I called the restaurant and asked to speak with the manager, it sounded like I was talking to a silly teenager, had to repeat my phone humber SIX times before she got it right. Never got a call back. Called again
this evening and was told the manager was available, then suddenly that he was not available to talk to me. The worst experience I have ever had at any restaurant.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Hibachi restaruant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Not the best hibachi restaurant I have ever been to, but is sure is nice to have one in our area. The food was good and the "cooking" entertaining. All and all a nice addition to the area. Convenient for travelers passing through town near Highway 395 and I82. Open for lunch as well.

Visited July 2012
Richland
“Fantastic Lunch and Show”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We decided to check out Fujiyama’s based upon Trip Advisor feedback and personal comments from friends. We are so very happy that we came here for a fabulous lunch and entertainment. When a Hibachi station pretty much filled up, the Hibachi Chef I think his name was Kia arrived, fired up the grill and started what was to become a fascinating show and culinary delight.

He quickly went around the stations where we were seated and confirmed our orders and then he started his magic with the vegetables and rice followed soon by his shrimp, chicken and beef selections. He was incredible and had us all laughing at his quick wit, his mastery with his utensils and several practical jokes. We were fortunate to have a very young girl customer with her parents at our grill and she was the focus of his attentions and it was so much fun for us and especially for her.

The show was incredible and the chef’s culinary skills were amazing. We all received a wonderful lunch and I am so very glad we took the time to visit this wonderful place. I highly recommend this restaurant.

They also have a good wine selection and a very extensive lunch and dinner menu. I recommend you study their menu which is posted on line so you can make an intelligent selection once you get there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fun and Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

You can expect to wait awhile for a table. But its worth the wait.
This restaurant is very new to the Tri Cities and that is why it is going to be busy for some time.
I spent the money and got the souvenir White Lucky Cat glass. ( 9.50 Including the drink )
Our cook Ozzie was funny and entertaining.

You can be prepared to spend a little bit of money. But again worth it.

My wife and I had the Steak and Shrimp for two which included salad and soup and ice cream for desert all for under $50.00 ( not including drinks )

Try going at off peak times so you can get a table sooner.

• Visited July 2012