“Disaster” 1 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lynnwood, Washington
“Disaster”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our client booked a room for a business trip. There was a convention going on so no government rate was available. The client tried to cancel the room the day of expected arrival but was not allowed to. Upon arrival the facility was booked solid and the "king" room had been given away. Client & husband were given a double bed room, but charged for king size. There was no electrical power in the room & when client again asked to be released from the reservation (they had found a room further down the road at less cost), the front desk tried to get approval, but there was no manager available & it was denied. Their experience was extremely stressful and utterly unacceptable. They have reported the incident to the corporate headquarters.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
We apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for bringing this to my attention. We strive to always give each guest a relaxing stay with us. I will definitely be looking into this matter. We hope that you will give us a second chance to show you this is not how our hotel normally operates. We hope you have good travels in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Room 210. Near an airport but didn't hear a single plane. The staff were helpful and knowledgeable. The room looked nice and was very comfortable. We got a great night's sleep. Restaurants are nearby. The breakfast has variety but there is not a lot of seating if you hit a busy time - we didn't.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. We strive to provide all of our guests with the most comfortable experience possible. We hope that you visit us in the near future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I decided to stay here because the hotel was close to my destination and because it was new. Boy do I regret that decision.

When I checked in, there was one person ahead of me and it still took 20 minutes for me to get my room keys. The rep was good and went over the amenities of the hotel. My room was a different story. First, the bathroom. No toilet paper and no water pressure from the shower. When I say no pressure, it like trying to wash your car when the hose is kinked. A 10 minute quicker shower turned into a 30 minute ordeal.

The room setup was average but the cleanliness was a HUGE disappointment. There was food pieces and used napkins under my bed. Talk about gross. Pretty disappointing for a new hotel let alone a hotel that asks you to rate their facility and then is below a normal standard of CLEAN.

When I checked out the next day no one was in line at the counter. The clerk (different individual from the night before) was sitting on a box with her head buried in her hands. I had to raise my voice to get her attention. She never asked how my stay was or even spoke, she just handed me my bill and say back down. Go figure.

All in all, this facility is below average and the staff need training in customer service 101.

T

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay with us. We strive to make the guest feel as comfortable as possible. I will be addressing your concerns and I hope that you will give us second chance to prove to you that this isn't a normal stay. Our expectations are to have immaculately clean rooms. We do room checks on a regular base randomly. I can assure you I will be looking into this matter further. Please know we appreciate your feedback and thank you for your business.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The gal at the front desk upon arrival was friendly and a great help and answered our numerous questions. We would definitely stay here again. Our room was clean, bathroom was clean and the bed very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor. Its good to hear my staff is giving good customer service. We strive to be rated #1 in the Tri Cities and to give exceptional customer service.
Ogden, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

got a great deal online and so booked for a night stop while heading to Seattle. Room was very nice, clean, spacious, great for having kids with us. Hotel staff were awesome, friendly and great helps. Their recommendation for dinner was great. Hotel breakfast was better than average. We really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor we truly take pride in our hotel. We hope that every customer have a enjoyable stay and leaves wanting to come back and stay with us again. We hope to see you in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed here over a weekend in April 2013 for a house-hunting trip before I moved to the Tri-Cities to accept a new job. I chose this place because it was pet-friendly and I would have my cat with me for one night (arrived late Fri / early Sat morning, then took her in Saturday morning to the vet to be boarded until I returned). However, although I specified that I'd have my cat with me and clearly had her when I checked in at 1 am, this was never acknowledged and I was not charged a pet fee (yay?).

The hotel had changed from a Cedars to a Red Lion, apparently the day before I made the reservation. The Rad Cab driver was not aware of the change and dropped me off at the other Red Lion at around midnight, peeling off as I trudged inside. That was a delay. Once I arrived at the correct Red Lion, they could not locate my reservation, but I had the online booking receipt and confirmation, so they coughed up a room amidst chatter about whether I was legit (while I was standing there at 1 am with my baggage and cat in tow).

The next day, similar confusion reigned as the rental car person could not locate the hotel. When I asked the front desk girl for the address (since I was waiting in the lobby and thought she might know the address where she worked), she kept insisting that the rental car driver go to a Holiday Inn Express (I think) that was located half a block away because you could see the hotel we were at from the Holiday Inn Express. The frustrated rental car guy insisted that his GPS could locate the hotel if he had the address. Flakey front desk girl for some reason gave him the address of the other hotel, which wasted about half an hour, since he thought I was at the other hotel, because why would a front desk person give me the wrong address to another hotel? Weird ... maybe she was disgruntled about the changeover? Everyone there was constantly confused and asking them the most basic of questions created more chaos.

Intermingled with this confusion was the fact that the place was crawling with 13-year-old soccer team girls who were new to the hotel experience and spent a lot of time sitting in the hallways, chatting and slinging soccer balls at each other. Their coaches and/or chaperones and/or parents or whoever they were hung out in the small lobby breakfast area which was not a bar, but they seemed to make do with their own libations. The girls were behaving better than their purported supervisors, who would attempt to engage one in conversation in slurred speech.

Breakfast was free, but the place was 3-deep in people on both Saturday and Sunday for my stay, so I never ended up eating there. On the bright side, they've probably redone the rooms a bit --- or at least someone on Craigslist was selling armoires hand-over-fist and claiming they were from this hotel -- so things may be on the upswing.

I stayed at several hotels in the Richland-Kennewick area during my interview and moving process. This one I'll steer my friends who aren't 13-year-old soccer prodigies away from, at least during April tournament season.

Room Tip: Make sure you hold onto your confirmation - you'll need it. Ask whether the place will be over-r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I apologize for any confusion that may have occurred. Switching over from a new system does have its challenges with learning and changing brand standards. I can assure you that we have overcame all challenges and are focused on making each stay with us pleasant and welcoming. We hope that you do give us a second chance so you can see we have done everything in our power to make all our guests happy.

We are a newer property and the some of the GPS devices do not recognize our address. So to make it easier for our guests we do give them a address that is right next to us so they can find us easier with no hassle.

Thank you for your feedback and again we hope to see you in the future!
Richland, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while visiting family. Very clean, great beds and good size room. Everyone I encountered was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again! Manager's reception was offered but had plans so didn't get to try it. Will next time. The nice thing about this hotel, in addition to being new is that it is off the busy street but a few blocks from restaurants and Columbia Center.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your business and appreciate your feedback we hope to see you back soon and hopefully this time you will be able to enjoy the Managers Reception. Happy Travels!

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!