“Transition confusion” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Central Minnesota
“Transition confusion”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was billed twice. I was not notified of change in ownership and could not locate the hotel upon arrival using map quest. Guest service information unavailable in rooms, no book and phone did not have a front desk button. Questionable housekeeping service and policy. I had what appeared to be blood on my sheets, but was told that since I was longer than an overnight stay I could not have sheets changed. Housekeeping emptied garbage, but did not make bed, replenish coffee supplies, vacuum, or towels consistently. Breakfast area is small only 20 chairs, 5 tables. Every comment I made was answered: It is because of our transition to new ownership. When I questioned the difference in prices for my stay, I was advised to not use a third party booking agent.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
CedarsInnsHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are truly sorry about the issues that you had while staying at the hotel. Although with the transition to Red Lion Inn was challenges that is not an excuse or should we have provided anything but our best. We are actively working to make sure that these issue area addressed as this items are not acceptable. Our goal is to provide you, the guest, with a top-notch experience while staying at our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Bellingham, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

First time staying in this hotel, great place clean rooms and friendly staff.
Great free breakfast lot's to choice from. I like that the main door's are locked at 11 to keep jut anybody from walk around the hotel. Well be staying here again,

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are glad that we were able to host you as our guest. We strive to be the best hotel in tri-cities in providing our guest with high quality accommodations and a great experience.
La Grande, Oregon, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Clean room, pet friendly so we didn't like that (barking dogs and in rooms), very poor tv selection. Very friendly people and might stay again. Just don't like pet friendly hotels.

Location was perfect for doing what ever you like. Sports teams stay in this area so get the 4th floor to try and have a quieter stay.

Room Tip: Get the top floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Antimony, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

In smaller communities I like to search out smaller, possibly local or individually owned hotels or motels. Lets support our local and independent hotels, right?? Typically it's a good thing. At e Cedars Inn I had mixed feelings. Lets start with the hotel. It's new and really quite nice. Check in was simple and easy but I HATE poorly photo copied "rules" taped on the wall inside the elevator. A hotel notifying me when "quiet" time is, as well as all of the other rules I as a guest must abide by...what kind of guests does this place bring in if they need these "rules" posted everywhere. They are fond of making copies of many "rules" and placing them throughout the property.

Ok, so that's that. Cedar Inn was very clean and nicely appointed. Rooms were a good size and mine had a microwave and mini fridge. Comfortable beds but you could certainly hear other guests in their rooms. The bathroom was nice but had the locker room type soap dispensers and the one in he shower did not have the top secured properly. The shower head was so high up on the wall it was hard for me to reach at 6 foot to get the hard water build up off so the shower sprayed properly. They had also completed some sort of repair under the sink but never bothered to paint the wall. Just a large white patch in an otherwise dark bathroom.

They have a nice free breakfast, and a full breakfast. Not just cereal and muffins. They also provide Tulley's coffee. Love that!!

So, a nice hotel but not sure if I would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor, it may be a little quieter. You can hear a lot going on in the hallways.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I visit family in the Tri Cities every few months. We have almost always stayed at this hotel. Once or twice we stayed elsewhere but we always come back the the Cedars inn. I am on oxygen and have to have o2 tanks and concentrator delivered before I arrive. These are always in the room and ready when I arrive. The staff is always friendly and helpful with any request. The rooms are always clean and well maintained. I would not want to stay anywhere else

• Stayed February 2013
Asotin, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I finally ended up booking a room at another hotel. I kept calling the hotel and their automated system was looping and wouldn't allow the potential guest to get to the front desk it just kept looping back into the automated system. Sucks, I would have much preferred the Cedars!

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family and I come to the Tri Cities a couple times a year to visit family. We usually stay at the Hilton across the street and decided this time to give Cedar's a try. Our stay was wonderful!!! EVERYONE was so helpful and friendly. From your General Manager to your housekeeping staff the service was top notch. You can't beat hot waffles in the morning either!!! We will come back to Cedars Inn the next time we come to the Tri Cities!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennewick
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kennewick Inn
Clover Island Inn Kennewick
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennewick
Hampton Inn Richland / Tri-Cities
Red Lion Hotel Columbia Center

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!