“Couldn't get through on the phone to them!” 3 of 5 stars

Red Lion Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   602 N Young St, Kennewick, WA 99336   |
Ranked #5 of 16 hotels in Kennewick
Asotin, WA
“Couldn't get through on the phone to them!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I finally ended up booking a room at another hotel. I kept calling the hotel and their automated system was looping and wouldn't allow the potential guest to get to the front desk it just kept looping back into the automated system. Sucks, I would have much preferred the Cedars!

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family and I come to the Tri Cities a couple times a year to visit family. We usually stay at the Hilton across the street and decided this time to give Cedar's a try. Our stay was wonderful!!! EVERYONE was so helpful and friendly. From your General Manager to your housekeeping staff the service was top notch. You can't beat hot waffles in the morning either!!! We will come back to Cedars Inn the next time we come to the Tri Cities!!!

Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My son had a tournament Jan 31,2012 take about hospitality! It reminded of Cheers the tv show. The night guy Chad walked in and the whole hockey team knew his name. We were catered to from the time we walked in from the time we checked out. Love the smaller intimate hotels... This our first choice hotel from now on... Good breakfast clean rooms... Happy staff!!!

Room Tip: They gave away free alcohol and pretzels for the kids!
Yakimja
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My family and I had the opportunity to stay at the Cedars Inn during a recent trip to Kennewick. We found the hotel to be very welcoming and the rooms to be comfortable and clean. The breakfast in the morning was quick and perfect for a family on the road. What both my husband and I really appreciated was the staff who went above and beyond to make our stay a good one. Each person we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful. As there are a lot of choices for hotels when traveling, I will be sure to stay at this hotel again on our next trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I had an outstanding stay here I flew into town for a conference. The landscape to the property was very nice and clean Heather the gal who checked me in was so nice she recommended Texas Road House for Dinner since i was hungry for a steak and it was just down the road also the other staff was extremely nice the beds were comfortable overall experience at this hotel was awesome good job guys u have my business when I fly back into town

• Stayed January 2013
Baker City, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been staying at the Cedars Inn for three weeks while in Kennewick for business. The rooms were all wonderful (I stayed in a different room each week, as I went home for the weekends). The hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff is amazing. By the second night staying there most of the staff knew my name and would go out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. My favorite staff member was the general manager, Melissa, she was always busy keeping the place running smooth but she would take the time to say hi. I was so overly impressed by this hotel that I plan on staying there every time I'm any where near Kennewick. I also feel that I should mention that the drinks at night are a wonderful perk that I think every hotel should do, and the breakfast was diverse enough that at the end of three weeks I wasn't tired of their choices. I would recommend the Cedars to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Clint: Thank you so much for the great review. We really enjoyed your whole group while you were here. You guys were a delight and we hope to see you in the future. If you need anything please feel free to call me. Thanks again!

Melissa
Yakima, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a fairly nice hotel, however we were expecting more due to their website. The website states that breakfast includes omelets and waffles but the person at the front desk says they don't do omelets and the waffle makers were all broken. Also, they advertise a managers reception with beer, wine and soft drinks so we figured it was for families like we have been to at other hotels but when we got there the kids were told they couldn't come in and no soft drinks were available unless we wanted to purchase them from the vending machine. Had we known all of this we would have stayed at another hotel with a better price. Also would have liked to have had a hot tub. Also beware most of their business is from sports teams so we had a group of Hockey players partying after a game in the room next to us until midnight!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Melissa: Thank you for your feedback! I am always open to having good and poor reviews this allows me to correct things that can be better. And know what our guests like and don't like. First I need to apologize we always want our guests to have a comfortable stay and we strive to provide that to all of our customers no matter what brings them to our hotel. Yes we did have a hockey team stay with us and I tried to look ahead and having our staff walk the halls for excess noise. We enforced a curfew for the kids starting at 10pm and a quiet time for the purpose of respecting all of our guests in house.
Last year we had an omelette bar which consisted of egg pattys, diced ham, shredded cheese and salsa. We decided to upgrade our breakfast with more substance so instead of the omelette bar we have scrambled eggs, breakfast potatos, and sausage links. For the most part our guests have welcomed the change. We updated most of the websites but it sounds like one fell through the cracks and I will be searching online and correcting it with the right breakfast items. Our waffle makers did go down the week before your stay and I put a rush order on getting new ones as they did not have any on hand at the store. The good news is we actually received brand new ones today.

Our Managers Reception is for anyone over the age of 21 years of age. We provide popcorn or cookies in our lobby for anyone under the age of 21 years of age. The Manager Reception room is treated as a bar due to the fact we are serving alcohol and are in compliance with Washington State Liquor Control Board. We do advertise having beer and wine available but have recently added a wide variety of hard alcohol to the menu that is also complimentary. I do know we did have wine on Friday and ran out sometime Saturday. I have since then replenished all items that we serve and again I apologize. You may have an option of only having a soft drink if you choose. You are entitled to two complimentary beverages per room.

I hope that you will give us another chanse to show you we are a great hotel. We strive on giving everyone that stays with us a comfortable and inviting stay. Melissa if you would please call me and we can discuss this matter further I would really appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and voicing how we can do better. Happy Traveling!

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!