“Great stay, great price, helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Summer Free Night Offer
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Kelso
Redmond, Washington, United States
“Great stay, great price, helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Me and the wife came here for our 4 year anniversary. We had such a great stay at this hotel. This was our first time at a Red Lion and we had a wonderful time. The place was very clean, the rooms were spacious, the hotel was clean and presentable. The staff was friendly and answered any questions we had about the area or items in the hotel itself. The price we paid by night was well worth the experience, considering it included access to an open late pool, hot tub, work out facility, wifi, and breakfast (which unfortunately we did not take part of).

We will be staying here again when we travel southward!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are center-circle to the pool for the most part. If possible do get one of the ones...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick S, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for all the positive comments! I hope you had a great anniversary! Next time you’re in the area you’ll have to stay with us and try the breakfast. Hope to see you again next year, if not sooner.

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
San Leandro, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Although the room was clean and pleasant, I was most impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of the desk and housekeeping staff. We came in late at night and the man on the desk was cheerful and more than willing to give us a number of options for dinner. Also, when I inadvertently left my glasses in the room, they found them and held them so I could pick them up on the way back from our trip north to Olympia. I will remember this hotel for future trips to Washington.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. I remember seeing your glasses at the desk with the note that you were picking them up! When it comes to lost and found we take it very seriously. You would be surprised with how much is left behind each year. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon!
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

We booked this hotel to stay over the weekend to have access to Mt. St. Helens. We weren't expecting much, except a clean room and a quiet place to sleep. Upon entering the room at 11pm at night on the first night, the room smelled really bad - like vomit. Turns out the bedspread had been vomited on but no one had cleaned it. When I called the front desk, the woman said "he" had a stack of things to do and he would get to it as soon as possible.

The next day, we left for the mountain, and then caught a film at night. We were almost asleep until we heard little knocks on our door. We didn't answer it and tried to ignore it. Then we heard it again and someone was trying to get into our room. Finally, my fiance went to open the door and found a naked woman sitting on the floor in front of our door. She was extremely intoxicated and possibly underage since she was wearing a prom crown. We called the front desk for someone to come get her, but no one responded. After 20 minutes, we called again and they assured us someone was on the way. By then, a friend found her and took her away.

All in all - small rooms, not clean, bad service - apathetic staff....even the breakfast was gross. If you have no other choice, I guess you could crash here for a night en-route to somewhere else. But don't say I didn't warn you!

Room Tip: I heard the north side is nicer.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Hello,
I would like to apologize for that horrific ordeal you encountered. We had a wedding that went on into the late hours of the night. The person attempting to enter your room was the bride. She had returned to her room and accidentally locked herself out, then confusing her room with yours. We came down and let her back into her room and heard nothing from her the rest of the night. I can assure you she was of age, however she was serving herself out of her own guestroom. Still, this does not fix the fact that it happened to you. As far as your room I am mortified that you experienced that atrocious room cleanliness. I have already met with the Housekeeping supervisor and action has been taken to ensure this never happens again. I also want to thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. We value our customers input good or bad so we can strive to make ourselves better.

Travelers are raving about these Kelso hotels

Koo-Wee-Rup, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I travelled overseas on business to Longview. As I arrived in the evening, I was greeted by a phone call advising that my booking, which was organised over a week prior to my trip, was cancelled due to my room being taken by a walk in. Fortunately there was vacancy at another Hotel. I returned the second night as it was closer to where I wanted to be and found the room to be great and had a good nights sleep.

So while it was a poor start, likely due to a school baseball championship which just happened to coincide with my visit, I would attempt to stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Port Coquitlam, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We have stayed here twice now on our way to various locations in Oregon! Love that they take dogs. Rooms are really clean, beds are comfy. I have no complaints at all. We will stay here again the next time we travel through!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chugiak, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

Average hotel room, but very comfortable. Friendly service, beer fridge/microwave in room along with big windows looking outside. The hotel has a warm, welcoming feeling. We had a great stay!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We asked for a quiet room and had one until early in the morning when someone's dog started barking in the hallway and rudely woke us up. The buffet breakfast at $5.99 per person is okay. The room could do with better lighting as it was hard to find switches to put on the lights. Beds were okay and the room was large. I was a bit surprised to see bottled water being offered at $2 per bottle.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview? Share your experiences!