“Great stay!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

Really good HGI. Great sleep. Comfortable stay.
Breakfast was wonderful. Breakfast staff welcoming.
Most staff at hotel super friendly.
Self-laundry appreciated after long cross-country ($1 per wash/dry; clean area).
Large parking with ample room for 17' u-haul. Felt safe and secure.

If don't mind short commute into Seattle, Issaquah is good stay while visiting. Quaint little area. Very safe. Hotels much less than within Seattle.

Room- Great
Value- Really good (grabbed great rate; random though, much higher over following weeks)
Clean- Good
Breakfast- Excellent (especially with Honors perk); staff wonderful
Staff- Most encountered excellent
Parking- Very good (even for large vehicle)
Random- Good self-laundry

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilton Garden I... I, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle / Issaquah, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was visiting relatives who lived in North Bend, Washington, just outside of Seattle. The Hilton Garden Inn Issaquah was 15 minutes from North Bend and 20 minutes from Seattle just off the I-90 expressway. The staff was very friendly and helpful in suggesting places to eat in the area. The hot breakfast served in the dining room had a very good selection of both hot and cold items, with the hot items prepared by the chef and brought to your table. The rooms were very quiet and the housekeeping staff were very considerate of my needs when trying to service the room. There is ample free parking and several restaurants within walking distance. I would definitely recommend and stay at this Hilton Garden Inn the next time I am in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIIssaquah, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle / Issaquah, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We appreciate your great review! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Let's get one thing out of the way: the accommodations are nice - they are a solid four star. They weren't perfect, but they were pretty good. At first, the bed seemed uncomfortable, but I realized it was probably memory foam and I slept better than I had in several nights.

That said, I won't return to this hotel. It started with the check-in experience. Check-in wasn't that bad, but there was a clear arrogance about him. I wrote it off, though, and moved on with life. After checking in, we went on with our plans for the night. I came back, unloaded the car and brought everything in. My hands were full. I went up to the elevator, got in and pushed my floor with something in my hand. I moved back in the elevator. One of the employees got on the elevator and said "three, please." My hands were full. I told him to push the button himself and may have added some other comments.

This is one of those "you had to be there" things. The thought of an employee at a fairly expensive hotel treating one of the guests like his own personal door man is ridiculous, though.

Then, it got worse. The next morning, at 8:30, I get a knock on the door from housekeeping. First, sure I'm up and even about ready to leave by then, but you shouldn't be knocking on doors at 8:30am. Second, why are you trying to clean the room of someone that is only staying one night before checking out? I don't bother putting out the "do not disturb" sign when I stay one night. I told her to wait to clean. I left about 15 minutes later with everything. The housekeeper told me to have a nice day and practically ran directly to my room. Why were they so desperate to find a room to clean?

There are a lot of hotels in this area and I will try one of them next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Issaquah_Hilton, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Seattle / Issaquah, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that my staff came off anything but happy to have you stay with us. I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of customer service. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will reconsider being our guest again – thank you for your review.
Newberg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed just one night when we were at the Snoqualmie Casino to see comedian Ron White (about 20 min drive). Quick check in with yummy complimentary scones and water. Clean room with the Hilton beds I love! Only issue was that the loud housekeeping staff woke us up when we were trying to sleep in on our day off. Hopefully the manager will have a chat with them.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from construction if you expect to sleep in on a weekday.
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry to hear that our staff woke you up. We will certainly be addressing this issue. Thank you for bringing to our attention. I am glad everything else was enjoyable. We hope to see you again.
Chicago, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Accomodations were nice. The queen beds seem more like a double or full size, but the room was immaculate. There was friendly staff to greet you. Wake up calls that were prompt and non-invasive. The free internet makes it a great spot for business but what's better is the print service, shoe polisher in the business center, and other resources to make your stay a breeze.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad you we able to enjoy many of our wonderful amenities. Thank you for your review! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Issaquagh, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

It was a nice place. We needed a place to stay after a show that we saw at the Snoqualmie Casino. They don't have hotel rooms there, imagine that. So the closest place was at the Issaquagh Garden Inn. It is a beautiful hotel with all the good things and wonderful customer service, however, there was construction nearby and we woke to bulldozers and backhoes. Not fun, but it was not the Hotel's fault. I would have liked the Hotel better if it was in a more picturesque setting. It was sort of plucking into town. I know towns need hotels, but we had one of only four rooms with a balcony and we looked at a parking lot and a construction site. I was not going to write all of that, but your site would only take 250 words. So I had to add a bunch to what I was going to say.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

We are glad you found our hotel "cozy." Thank you for sharing your experience.
Beulah, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn was tucked off the main drag and looked peaceful with water falling in the rock pond over the boulders. The staff was welcoming during check-in and helpful during my stay. Tanya, the Asst Mgr, was very pleasant and informative. Donte, our waiter/server, in the dining room had a great sense of humor and delivered our food with a smile (grin) and made us feel "part of the family". The room was just what I needed after a flight across the country.

Room Tip: Away from the vending/ice machines and elevators is a good location.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments about our staff. We are lucky to have such great team members! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Seattle / Issaquah? Share your experiences!