“Decent food, good for a family, little atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Bellevue, Washington
“Decent food, good for a family, little atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I went to the Wildfin in Issaquah last weekend. Service was good. My wife had salmon and I had trout; the food was decent but not special. Prices were a little high, thus the lower than average value. Atmosphere is ok for a family restaurant, but I don't think it offers much for couples. There are plenty of other places with food that is as good or better for the same price, and which have better atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Savannah, Georgia
“Nice outdoor seating and good lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Took my cousin and her daughter here while I was in Seattle, service good and the food was really good. I had the calamari taco and chowder with a local beer. They had different tacos and liked them as well, a bbq slider too. My cousin had the gluten free beer and said it was good. The weather was perfect for sitting outside...they do have a fire pit also.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“A Bland Embarrassment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We went to Wildfin on a Saturday evening, around 6:30. The place wasn't too crowded, but the clamor in the restaurant and bar is positively deafening. There are too many hard surfaces in this place, which amplifies and echos every little sound, making it impossible to have a conversation at a normal vocal level.

My partner ordered a wedge salad, and I ordered a BLT flatbread and a margarita. The margarita came in about 10 minutes, in a small rocks glass. However, I don't really think it could be called a margarita. It was more like a shot of tequila and lime juice over ice, with a dash of Pine Sol for extra bitterness.

The food came 30 full minutes later. Sorry Wildfin, but waiting half an hour for a salad and flatbread is absurd. My partner's wedge salad was nothing more than a quarter of a head of lettuce, cut in two. There were a few sliced cherry tomatoes strewn about the plate, and 4 slices of steak slapped in the corner of the plate. Now, I know what a wedge salad is, and I have had some very good ones, cleverly dressed and artfully displayed. But this was a pitiful, amateurish attempt. And if this was all it consisted of, why on Earth did it take half an hour?

My flatbread fared no better. I am not exaggerating when I say the flatbread itself had the precise consistency of dampened cardboard. The taste, however, was like that of Cheerios, which is an actual foodstuff, so kudos on that point. Topping the flatbread was a thin film of some sort of sauce, perhaps a puree of some kind. Over this film was scattered a few sliced cherry tomatoes and a bit of shredded spinach. I had some real trouble cutting the leather-tough flatbread, and even more frustration chewing it. I guess the upside is that in trying to eat it, I must have worked off whatever calories might have been present in the "food" itself.

The final insult came with the bill: $48 was the penalty for our patronage. We did leave our waitress a healthy tip because A) She herself was very nice and accommodating, and B) we felt sorry for her having to serve that embarrassingly sad food, and being forced to smile about it.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Dessert”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Ordered dessert ahead of time to enjoy at intermission. We ordered the flourless chocolate cake with strawberries instead of ice cream and two splits of champagne. One bottle was opened and the other was not. No one greeted us to seat us or tell us what to do but we recognized our order so we sat down. Champagne was not chilled, cake was sort of splat on the plate. But the taste was good. Champagne needs to be chilled!!

Visited June 2013
renton
“Fantastic Chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great food excellent service. Been several times and will continue to patronize. Food presentation subperb.

Visited June 2013