“excellent dinner!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 139 restaurants in Issaquah
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Milton, Washington
“excellent dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My finance and I dined at this fine establishment last week. We decided to try their family wine which was a brunello and has had rave reviews. I must say it was very good, very full bodied. The food was the best I've had in a long time. We started off with a cesar and an heirloom caprese which were both very good. For dinner I had the sea bass dinner special which was to die for! I am a huge seafood fan and this was the best preparation of sea bass I've ever had. Even my fiance who doesn't like seafood tried it and liked it! She had the filet with a cognac mushroom sauce and she was in love. The filet was super juicy and the sauce was wonderful. After all that we didn't have any room for desert, but our server said their canolies were her favorite, so we thought we'd give them a shot. Glad we did! Ended up taking one of them home. They also served us a complimentary sampling of their desert wine which was slightly sweet and fizzy. Service was top notch throughout our entire night. We will definitely be dining here again.

• Visited April 2013

92% Recommend
Seattle, Washington
“Not wowed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

It was fine - not exactly what I expected. Our lunch for 2 (with water only) was $50 and I just wasn't wowed. I didn't think the flavors were that well developed and the several items we ordered could have been prepared (cooked) better. I was hoping for something spectacular in downtown but I am glad so many others enjoy it here.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Issaquah, Washington
“We've Become Regular Customers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Can't say enough about this little gem in downtown Issaquah. Small and intimate, you feel as if you're eating in a little cafe in Tuscany. Family run, you're always greeted by Fernando, who treats you like a long lost brother. The service is efficient and friendly, helpful but not intrusive. The food, oh the food! If it's available, try the Osso Buco. The lobster ravioli will change your life. If you go on a weekend, you'll likely be entertained by Tony the guitar player - not a huge playlist, but he puts his heart into every song. If you're looking for great food and a relaxed atmosphere, this is the place.

• Visited March 2013
Sammamish, Washington
“Gem of a restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Very small, intimate, Italian restaurant tucked away on Alder Street in Issaquah, WA. Nice selection on Italian wines to pair with the evening specials or varied menu selections. Chilean sea bass, pappardelle with wild boar sauce, pappardelle with lobster & shrimp, chicken with Gorgonzola sauce, all very nicely prepared. The service was attentive and the server was very knowledgeable. I was a bit disappointed with espresso at the end of our meal. The temperature was not hot enough and crema could have been better. All-in-all a very nice evening.

Visited April 2013
Seattle, Washington, United States
“BEST restaurant in the STATE period!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Food, service, wine, and atmosphere are all 5 star. Amazing restaurant owned by an Italian family who have a world of experience. I am a foodie and this IS the best restaurant in the STATE, let-alone Issaquah.

• Visited March 2013