“This is the real deal.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Montalcino Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 139 restaurants in Issaquah
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Street
Issaquah, Washington
“This is the real deal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent food. Service is fantastic. We had a party of 6 and needed to wait 10 minutes for our table. That 10 minutes consisted of chatting with Tony who plays a wonderful guitar, sings anything in Italian and a complimentary glass of preseco. We had an antipasto with everything from Prawns, prosciutto, bruschetta and more. Perfect pre dinner sampler. Food observations from the table. Lamb shank was cooked perfectly, meatballs were a little dry, clams were not cleaned well enough, wild boar was excellent, chocolate bomba was tasty and the tiramisu was the best I ever had. They thank you and shake your hand when you leave like you just had dinner at their house. It a gem in Issaquah.

92% Recommend
MN
“I am back in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was an outstanding small restaurant serving excellent italian food. Service was great. We got there for and early dinner. I had Pappardelle with wild boar sauce and my wife had the pan roasted halibut with a mushroom rissoto. She also had a wine flight to taste 3 Italian wines. All were excellent. This was a great experience and we will be back. The host (owner) told us his mom was cooking tonight.

• Visited February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very Impressive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was quite impressed with this restaurant. I came in from out of town on business but I happened across a recommendation for this restaurant and I am very glad I decided to give it a try. Very good food--far beyond what you could hope to get at any "comparable" chain italian restaurant. The chef obviously cared about what he/she was cooking and the result was a very good meal. It felt home-made in many ways and I would generally say that it is high quality, reasonably authentic Italian cuisine.;

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bellevue, Washington
“Buzz Is For Real”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Heard about this place from several people, a lot of buzz around this restaurant. Well deserved , what a wonderful dinning experienced we had. When we walked in I felt truly like being in Italy especially when I heard the owner speaking in Italian to his server ( very beautiful server), the atmosphere was amazing. My husband ordered the sea bass which was ridiculously good and he knows his seafood, I had a gnocchi wild boar special which had unbelievable flavor excellent. There was also a gentlemen singing who came to our table who I was septic about but what a great voice, he sang ave Maria. At the end of our great meal we were given a digestive wine which just perfected our night. Well Done

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Highly recommend...best Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

I'm a California native I flew into Seattle for business...I inquired for a good place to eat was referred to Montalcino to my delight it was far better than what I was expecting...food was excellent and the service was second to none...I will be returning frequently...highly recommend Montalcino