“Good Stay Overall” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Bend, IN
“Good Stay Overall”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Parts of the hotel were recently renovated, the lobby is very nice with nice computer station and printer to use. New Carpet in the halls. Our room was located quite a ways from the lobby as the property is spread out, but we had convenient parking outside a door in the back. We faced the pool which was closed including the hot tub which I was surprised as it was end of May but maybe they consider it too cool. Ate a burger at the bar which was rather dry and nothing special. The room was clean and decent size. Bathroom updated. No complaints except wishing at least the hot tub was open as we had biked the nearby Iron Horse Trail and it would have been great to soak in. The location is very good with REI, grocery, Trader Joe's, and more shops just around the corner. I just wish Holiday Inn would put more plug in jacks at the bedside. One plug at the bedside is not enough for 2 people with phones, computers etc. I'd stay here again, but the town of Issaquah is quite a ways away and is very quaint with a few cool restaurants/bars. Would rather stay there next time closer. One more thing that may not be important for some... Only 1 washer/dryer located on second floor in a hot dingy room next to ice machine.

Room Tip: Either get close to the lobby or near the back door entrance for convenience. Also, if pool/hot tub...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I know the trail you rode on and very cool!! We do not have a hot tub, and this small area is for jet therapy with no heat. I really appreciate all your comments, and we take them very seriously. All the best to you on your future travels and please come and stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Not in the habit of reviewing chain hotels very much, but this Holiday Inn deserves a review. I stayed here the first night of a trip to cycle the Cascade Loop in Washington state and immediately noted that the lobby was lovely and updated. I subsequently found the staff to be incredibly helpful and solicitous and they held a bag for me while I traveled for the week until I returned. The room was very comfortable. Overall, if you are staying in or visiting Issaquah for any reason, I would absolutely recommend this Holiday Inn.

Reminder: Please remember to tip the people who clean and make up your rooms. As a matter of course, maid service is done largely by women, is the hardest job in a hotel, and is often invisible to many people, and as a result the maids don't get tipped. Think about how often you would tip a valet or a concierge or a bellman for bringing up your bags. The maids are working even harder. Leave them a tip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear that you had a nice stay, and it sounds like we're keeping our hotel in the righ direction! Please come and stay with us again soon, and thank you again for letting us know how you felt. Safe travels to you!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Initially my hopes were high. The lobby area is lovely. But as our time continued very few things remained lovely. The front desk staff were more out to pad their résumé than to be helpful. The walls are paper thin so the sound of screaming children and horribly loud pipes are deafening. The outside pool was pleasant but definitely not comfortable (no heat). No complimentary breakfast. No effective WIFI! Overall, very poor for the price tag!

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We take these comments very seriously, and I will personally bring up your comments in our staff meeting. We just completed an entire hotel renovation, and our hotel is beautiful, however we can never rest on our laurels. Please come back and give us another try, and we hope to see you again soon! Safe travels to you, and all the best.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

It was overall good experience with price I paid. I had trouble with Wi Fi connectivity as it was very poor. Although staff provided adapter too but LAN connection was missing in room. Hotel staff was very helpful and available at all time.

• Stayed June 2014
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel, and I will let our I.T. department know about the internet issue you had. Your comments are very important to us, and we use these to help our future guest's stays more enjoyable. Thank you, and please come and stay with us again soon!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I haven't actually stayed in a Holiday Inn in several years. Arrived here late for business trip and the staff was immediately helpful. Had breakfast with coworkers in the morning and the wait staff was very attentive and friendly. The rooms were just fine and comfortable. No complaints.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself and our newly renovated hotel! We strive to make our guest's stay as enjoyable as possible, and your comments let us know that we are on the right track. Thank you, and please come and stay with us again soon!
Hoodsport, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stayed here four years ago. Thought I'd try it again. Think I'll try the Hilton next time. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Property is close to grocery store. Hotel seems to be under transition. Channel guides didn't match tv channels and staff seemed irritated when asked for guidance. Hotel was pet friendly four years ago, but staff denied it. Considering the $150/night price tag, I'm not sure I'll stay there again.

Room Tip: Try the Hilton.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Jim D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We strive to make our guests stay as comfortable as possible and I will take your comments to heart and look into this. We constantly train our employees on guest service and I will make sure and let them know of your comments. I hope you enjoyed our new renovation and please come and stay with us again soon!
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Check-in was done quickly and efficiently (I really appreciated this as I was feeling under the weather.) The room was very clean and the bed was so very comfortable! It was also very quiet and I was able to get some much needed rest. I also appreciated the guest washer and dryer on the second floor (very close to my room, in fact.) Everyone was friendly and helpful. For breakfast, I ate at the hotel restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised. My experience is usually that these places are overrated and overpriced, but the food was very good and the price was reasonable. The service was also good and I started my journey home on a great note. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Thank youi for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sure enjoy hearing comments such as yours and it lets us know we're doing the right thing! Thank you agian, and please come and srtay with us again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Seattle - Issaquah? Share your experiences!