“owner was a jerk and condescending” 1 of 5 stars

(509) 493-2324
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 1 Attractions in Husum
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
“owner was a jerk and condescending”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

owner was rude and insulting, made a comment about a college football team that he hoped would die in a plane crash, the wine was average at best

Visited October 2012

Portland, Oregon, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Good Port-others...meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Joel was nice but the wine was average. Good Port though!

Visited April 2012
Camas
33 attraction reviews
“great winery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

little bit of a drive out of Husum, but you meet the wine maker, see the operations, learn a lot about how he makes his wines. I enjoy their white ports

Visited November 2011
San Antonio, Texas
“I loved the people and the wines!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

My wife and I with a few friends were in Portland when we decided to try some Washington wines, our favorite of all the wineries was Wind River Cellars. The winemaker was absolutely hilarious! He was so quick witted and funny that I actually accidently spit wine on my wife's blouse. I think that sometimes people who go to wineries feel they should be reverent and it should be an experience like the theater, however it's refreshing to experience laughs, great wines and friends at a place like Wind River Cellars. And we actually bought a couple of cases of the Cabernet and the Tempranillo, and he waived the tasting fees. By the way we are from Texas and our friends from Kansas City and Pittsburg.

Visited February 2011
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“I laughed and had a fun time learning about wine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I visited Wind River Cellars and had such a good time. The view from the deck was breathtaking, the wine was really good and the owner was helpful to anwer my questions about wine but let me come to my own conclusions about what I thought each one tasted like or how they were different from each other. The negative comments in the other reviews does not fit the atmosphere I experienced, which was a tasting room and deck full of people having fun interacting with Joel and spending several hours there. There was even one party that had come back after visiting on a previous vacation because they had such a pleasant experience. I think people should lighten up a little.

Been to Wind River Cellars? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Wind River Cellars, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.