“Keep on driving” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Alaska
“Keep on driving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We visit this restaurant about once a year while traveling to Port Townsend. We look forward to the fried oysters. We stopped Sunday, April 14 for lunch. The service was good. The food was not. The fries were not cooked hot enough and were greasy and soggy. The fried oysters were pale and gritty. My boyfriend crunched down hard enough on a rock or pearl that he thought he broke a tooth. He is not one to complain but I mentioned quietly to the server what had happened and that she might want to alert the kitchen that they needed to clean the oysters better. The cook came out and basically confronted him, he said she should go back to the kitchen. They comped the meal which we did not request. Perhaps the owner or kitchen staff has changed since our visit last year, but we'll not be back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Folsom, California
“good place for breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped for breakfast while driving north on Highway 101 to Port Townsend. Classic old-style diner with tables next to a window facing the Hood Canal. The breakfast menu included blueberry pancakes, so my wife was hooked. The pancake was huge and covered the entire plate. I believe I ordered the smoked salmon omelette but whatever I ordered, I liked. The waitress seemed a little overwhelmed by the morning crowd (combination of locals and people driving through Hoodsport on Highway 101). After asking if we needed anything else, she forgot to bring us what we requested. She also had to be reminded for coffee refills. Good place to stop for breakfast.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Family place, simple and friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stopped while driving down from Port Townsend, It is a nice little place, nothing fancy at all. The service was pretty good and it looked clean. i had a fried seafood platter as did my wife, it was pretty greasy, and the fried local oysters were not fried enough. My daughter had some sort of burger and she said it was very good. She also ordered a side salad which she also liked. I saw a gentleman get an omelette and is looked delicious, but it was too late in then day for breakfast for me. Overall i ordered a grease basket and got a grease basket, If the oysters were fried longer and perhaps all the food was placed on paper towels for a few seconds it would have been better.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Diego, California
“Gig Harbor's best view with lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

The food and drink are good, but the view is wonderful. We enjoyed our lunch as we watched boats of all sorts parade up and back in Gig Harbor. You will want to return often on a sunny day.

Visited July 2012
Mercer Island, Washington
“Keep Driving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hangout for the local crowd also attracts the unfortunate motorcycle tourist looking for something solid. No such luck here. Service slow and detached, food ill prepared (fries were undercooked and greasy).

• Visited July 2012