“Yum! Yum Yum! Haven't been, you're missin' out!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Pizza & Pasta, Family Fare, Chicken Wings
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner
Puyallup, Washington, United States
“Yum! Yum Yum! Haven't been, you're missin' out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I love this place! the food is OUT OF THIS WORLD! Price I say is fair and I would ask everyone to go. The owner's kids go to my brother's school and I must say, family place at the best! I am not a huge pizza fan but I love the Flying Tomato's but most of all I LOVE LOVE LOVE the PASTA! I have eaten here quite a few times and always want more!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Puyallup, Washington
“Overall good experience, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We decided to check out the Flying Tomato on a rainy Sunday afternoon. My son really enjoyed the wood fired pizza at the Rock, however after a change in management there the food quality was significantly worse. The restaurant service was fairly quick and the food, while not the best pizza we have had, will definately merit another visit. The beer selection was decent and I enjoyed two glasses of "Irish Death". The only suggestion I would have would be to add a kid sized pizza to the children's menu.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Graham, Washington
“Better places to eat”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I had great hopes for this establishment as the area does not offer much in the way of dining. Food was overpriced and no better than making a package mix of spaghetti at home. The wood fired pizza was disappointing. May try it again, just to ensure we didn't get that "one bad meal" that occurs once in a while.

Visited June 2012
“Literally rotten and tasteless food, and worse service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I dined in this restaurant and got take-out. The dine-in experience was better than the take-out, but not by much. First the dine-in: My husband and I went to this restaurant for date night because we love Italian food. After we were seated, we didn't see the server for about 20 mins, and then another 10 mins to get our drinks. Yes, we were seated for 30 mins before we ordered. Oh, did I mention there were only two other tables of people at the time? And more than one server... When I got my vodka mixed drink, there were food particles floating around in it (it looked as though they were frozen in the ice and came out as the ice melted). We told the server and he got me another drink, and was actually nice about it - I was afraid he would be mad and spit in our food or something, but he seemed sincere. Then our food came out. I had the calamari appetizer, which was actually pretty good, and the sauteed clams, which were also pretty good, though not high enough in quantity for the price paid. My husband got the spinach and chicken manicotti, which sound great, but was utterly tasteless except for the uber sweet ricotta. As a manicotti lover, this was very disappointing. For some reason, I decided to try them again a couple of weeks later. I had heard they had wings on their menu and I am a big wing lover. I ordered wings and a small Ceasar salad for pick up one day, and there were literally no patrons in the restaurant when I went to pick it up (now I know why!). I had my young daughter with me and was in a hurry, so I didn't check the order before I left. When I got home, I opened everything up. The wings looked okay, and were actually on the large side, but they were so fatty and soggy - not cooked nearly long enough for my taste as I like them on the crunchier side. The salad was the WORST. It was literally rotten lettuce, thrown into a styrofoam container, with parmesan sprinkled on top, and a cup of dressing in the side. No croutons, nothing fancy about it, and ROTTEN lettuce. I could get a better salad at McDonald's for half the price! So I called the restaurant to speak with the manager, but was told there would be no manager in till the next day, and no supervisor in till later that night. So I went onto their website and clicked the email address to contact them, and wrote an email telling them of my experience, only to get it kicked back saying that it's not a valid email address. Needless to say, I have told numerous people already, and will tell anyone who ever mentions that place in my presence, to stay away from this disgusting place.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Puyallup, Washington
“overpriced and underwhelming”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

this is the second time I was there and the first was just average but this last time was very poor... and overpriced. The calimari was overcooked and tough and the scallops were horrible and tough. The only thing decent was the pasta itself. There a lot of other worthy Italian places at a much more reasonable price. I won't be back

• Visited September 2012