“Nice stay, nice people” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Goldendale
Olympia, Washington
“Nice stay, nice people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I regulalry find myself in Goldendale and always stay here. Nice rooms, friendly and flexible staff. When I have to leave early or stay another night they are able to accomodate me. I haven't tried the breakfast as I leave in the morning before it opens.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sidney, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel was clean and well maintained. There was a shortage of electrical plug-ins which seemed odd for what appears to be a fairly new building. I had to balance the coffee maker on the sink to brew coffee. The breakfast room is totally inadaquant for the number of guests. The poor kitchen attendant could not keep the single waffle maker working and bore the wrath of several nasty albeit hungry guests. There was only two types of cold cereal. No toast etc. I managed to get a cold boiled egg and two bowls of generic Cheerios. I would only stay here if I had business in goldendale or couldn't drive further.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I will always stay here if I'm in the area.

Quality of the room & amenities as expected: basic motel stuff. Very nice outdoor pool. The place stands out because the staff are friendly, attentive, and seem to run a tight ship. I have never seen anyone work so hard in the breakfast room to keep the place clean! Constant and energetic cleaning up all morning.

Lovely mountain views from the window, too. I unexpectedly enjoyed my stay very much, despite the internet not working in my room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Puget Sound
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

It was okay but if you are just traveling through I'd suggest staying elsewhere. If you are staying in the Goldendale area it is the best option even though it is over priced. The rooms are very basic with almost no extra electrical outlets for guest use. The small out of date TV has very few channels. The is no elevator. We were unable to connect to WiFi with two different devices. When we asked the about the lack of WiFi service the reply was "there hasn't been very many complaints." Very many complaints? We reserved a nonsmoking room but got a smoking room. BUT a big plus for me was they had biscuits and gravy at breakfast! The place isn't horrible but it is over priced.

• Stayed July 2013
Okanagan Falls
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Small room,old TV set and not many channels, noisy heater. Not much variety for free breakfast.
Mexican restaurant associated with motel, McDonalds close by. Very expensive for the area, paid mid $80,s for a small queen bed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Make no mistake, this is a small town hotel whose attached restaurant went out of business - BUT - the staff were great and the accomodations comfortable. I needed directions and an item for my food and they went out of their way to help me and make sure I got where I needed to go. The GM e-mailed a receipt to me and checked to be certain I received it.

The rooms are basic, but VERY clean - linens, towels, beds, and the bathroom shined! I had a good night's sleep - rare for those of us who travel and stay in different places.

There is a chain restaurant less than a block from the hotel.

If you are heading to the lovely town of Goldendale - I commend the Quality Inn to you.

Room Tip: I stayed on the main level and didn't hear ANY noise from above or beside me.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I usually use the Choice Hotels website or 800 number to make reservations but my plans changed abruptly so I got this location off my GPS. What a pleasant surprise. While it was a twisty turny drive to get there and the metropolis of Goldendale is not much to look at, this hotel is a gem. The girl who helped us check in was fantastic, even offering to help us with luggage even though the guy I was traveling with and myself are both over 200 lbs and perfectly capable. The room was very clean, quiet and comfortable. Wi-fi worked very well. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing luxurious here and the rooms are small. The tv is right out of the 90's and the breakfast is simple but for where it is and how affordable it is this is a perfect resting spot. Also the Mexican restaurant out front is great! Don't overlook this location in search of bigger and fancier, this is very comfortable and pleasant.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Goldendale? Share your experiences!